Everything posted by Homerun
-
Boys LIT Pairings
Yes, I was really surprised about only 6th and 7th region teams being in the tournament and the new rating system. I know there was a discussion about Louisville Holy Cross not being in the tournament while being tied with another team that made it, yet I didn't understand the rating system very well. St. X did play the first week Eastern, Ballard, and Seneca with another loss against Clark County.
-
Trinity vs Lexington Catholic updates
First time I viewed Wazoo Sports. I heard about it, but never used it. There were some "glitches," but it's a nice option on the interent.
-
Trinity vs Lexington Catholic updates
Trinity wins 60-58 in OT
-
Prayers for Monroe Player
I already knew that this young man had received a 30 on his ACT’s his sophomore year. A friend of the family recently shared that he mostly likely would be a Governor’s scholar this coming year as well as in the running for valedictorian of his class. This friend of the family added with humility that he is even a finer young man. May God bless him and his family.
-
Saint Xavier 71 Madison Central 43
St. X started their season the first week with Eastern, Seneca, and Ballard. Eastern, I believe, the pre-season favorite. Ballard, I think, has beaten all of the KY opponents. Seneca was undefeated until losing to Trinity in the King of the Bluegrass final. Quite a schedule to open up the season!
-
Prayers for Monroe Player
May God bless this young man and his family.
-
Trinity 59 Seneca 42
Quite a statement for Trinity. Seneca has shown how well it can play as well.
-
Prayers for Monroe Player
Continued prayers for this young man and his family. May God bless them and watch over them.
-
Highlands v St. X
"A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions." -Proverbs 18:2
-
Trinity 77 Waggener 66
Is Quick on the court now after football?
-
Highlands v St. X
While I respect an overall record, bringing in a freshman season several years ago as well as the past still doesn't give good reasons to base what goes on this season. It isn't good logic.
-
Prayers for Monroe Player
Continued prayers. God bless this young man and his family.
-
Highlands v St. X
I haven't been following these posts, so I haven't read many at all--except this one. My concern is basing an opinion on a "national ranking." I heard Jason Frakes from The Courier-Journaltalk about today on the radio who is the best team in the state. I don't think one common opponent can determine that, for among other reasons, when the teams played and the particular match-ups of the teams. I think this is what Jason Frakes is alluding to. Going undefeated is an accomplishment, especially for a school that is playing up in class. Yet I am surprised with such a high national ranking with playing only one nationally ranked opponent.
-
Prayers for Monroe Player
Continued prayers for this young man and his family. Wonderful family. Haved learned how bright this young man is. As was mentioned, got a 30 on his ACT his sophomore year. May God bless him.
-
Prayers for Monroe Player
I had the wonderful opportunity to recently meet the parents of this fine young man and visit with the family. I was so impressed with the parents at a gut level after a first visit and just meeting them. The parents seemed very grounded for all that they have been through. I had the fortune to see a football picture of their son. It’s just hard to see a strong, young man be in a hospital bed in the condition that he is in. I could sense a deep religious faith in the family. If you have a child in high school that is driving, we know of the risks of car accidents. As a parent, my heart goes out to this family. It really puts a lot of the trivial things in life into perspective. I could only imagine just finishing the high school football season and making it to the state semi-finals and then have this happen. From what I have read of the class of Monroe High School fans in their rivalry with Ft. Campbell, these parents reflect the same sort of class that I have read about the Monroe High School fans. I hope prayers can help bring this young man through. I witnessed the deep love of this family for their son. I ask God to bless them.
-
Prayers for Monroe Player
Continued prayers. This is a wonderful family and I could only image the challenges that the family is going through. May God bless the young man.
-
Prayers for Monroe Player
God be with him.
-
If there were just four...
I saw some old video of Tony Danza in his prime jumping rope on a Sesame Street show. Tony was in great shape then and could really jump rope! Here is the link showing him in action: But with age comes wisdom. Yes, Tony has become very wise as well. His phrase “And humility would be the team they beat!” is just one phrase that that speaks of his wisdom. The other day he quoted a line from Betrand Russell that reminds me of his post today on the topic “If there were just four….” Betrand Russell says: “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
-
Highlands v St. X
Mr. Seymour.....I think all three--Highlands, X, and Trinity should regularly play each other.
-
6A Final: Trinity (10-4)/St. Xavier (13-1) Updates
Go to this link and click on the game.http://www.saintx.com/page.cfm?p=414&newsid=304
-
6A Final: Trinity (10-4)/St. Xavier (13-1) Updates
Go to saintx.com and follow the link.
-
6A Final: Trinity (10-4)/St. Xavier (13-1) Updates
What kind of attendance at the game?
-
6A Final: Trinity (10-4)/St. Xavier (13-1) Updates
It's a battle.
-
2A Final: Fort Campbell 29 DeSales 9
Good to see.
-
2A Final: Fort Campbell 29 DeSales 9
I was not at the game. Sometimes it's easier dealing with winning than losing. There's lessons to learn.