Everything posted by kentuckycat645
-
Lynn Camp/Clay Co. at the Pioneer Bowl Predictions
I don't think Clay can contain teams with speed, if backs can get outside they can run all day on this Defense from what I've seen so far this season. Clay has a new D and it'll take a few games to get lined out. LC 28 CC 22 In a tustle
-
Top player's in EKY
the Dobbs and Dunn kid from Clay...Im my opinion they should be up there instead of Lewis, without these Kids Lewis wouldn't have nearly as many completions.
-
HS Football Your Passion and Why
I think football is the one sport that builds character, if you see a kid whose able to face the adversity the sport of football brings, you'll see a winner all his life. Football is the greatest sport in the world. Its Kind of like war.
-
North Laurel/Spencer Co. scrimmage
I'm very excited about the future of North football, I think its turning into something special. I look for us to place second in our district this year behind Whitley and in front of Clay. I think this District will be a good one in the future with Whitley and North battling for the top spot each year.
-
Corbin/Clay Scrimmage
I'd have loved to get a good look at Clay Co, I heard that some key pleyers were out with the summer injury bug, and coach stepp refuses to show much in pre season, I don't even know why the guy scrimages. Anyone with half a brain knows he's gonna throw the ball. Personally I think Clay will place third in their district this season behind Whitley and North Laurel.
-
Clay & Corbin Scrimmage?
Do they have a scrimmage scheduled?
-
2007 Clay County
Last year I come up to watch Clay and Rock and Clay Football field was just a couple inches shy of being called a pond, something was causing it to hold water. Have they done any work up their in the off season to fix the turf problem. Clay has a really nice field otherwise....
-
2007 Clay County
Oh I've been misunderstood... It seems every summer when practice starts you loose a kid or two, I heard all Clay's Key Players were back and looked really good and chomping at the bit to strap on the pads. Will Clay be deep this year or will they still have to rotate the same players on both sides of the ball. Looking forward to the season getting cranked up.
-
2007 Clay County
I've been out of town a few days how do the tigers look so far this summer, I hear everyone is back so far no key players have left the team.
-
North Laurel 7 on 7
I really think NLHS will pull a few upsets this year.
-
2007 Clay County
If Clay County Keeps its core group of Kids together this year could be special but Next year could really be one to remember, I wonder how many of those Middle schoolers that went 24 and 0 during two seasons will be around when their seniors. Something happens to Kids in Clay co. they either fall in love and quit or get talked into thinking their going to be a basketball Hero and quit, many kids have throw away great football careers to ride the pine in a basketball gym. Some kids just can't handle the brutal sport of football
-
2007 Clay County
We don't care if he's from Mars if he helps our kids, I'm all for him.:dancingpa
-
2007 Clay County
Who'll be the Best teams in the District/Region that Clay Co will face this season, and who do you guys think will be the toughest game for Clay this season? Who'll get the carries for Clay Co. when the decide to keep the ball on the ground? Are the Kids who had injuries Nolan, Ben Jackson, Nate Dezarn, Charlie rawlings, Earl Phillips all beack and ready to go come fall 2007?
-
2007 Clay County
For the first time in Clay County football the Kids are starting to realize that Games are won in the weightroom, football is not a sport for the lazy kid, its a mans sport played by modern day warriors. It doesn't matter how much God given ability one has, if he's not willing to get in the weightroom and pump the iron, then your going to get knocked around and hurt during the season. Also if some of the parents in Clay County would give up the dream of their 6 foot tall kid becming the next Richie Farmer and realize there are three times more college schlorships for young men in football than basketball we'd get our numbers up. In Clay county when it gets hot and Junior comes home tired from practice, Mommy and Daddy start complaining about the coach and the next thing the kids calling it quits. Don't teach your kids to be quitters, force them to be world changers I'd say we already have a few players off the gifted Middle school teams of a coupe years back that have had dreams of state basketball championships installed into their heads. These kids have been talked into riding the pine in basketball rather than gettingin the weightroom, getting strong and winning a state football championship. Parents of Clay county the day of the five foot ten slow white guy dominating in basketball is over, Look at what just happened to South Laurel in the sweet sixteen. Get behind your kids, back them, teach them to work hard for something they want, allow them to bring pride back to the community, its not a pretty thing when parents blame coaches for their childrens unwillingness to work. News flash its mom and dads fault. Your not fooling anyone!
-
2007 Clay County
I ran into some of the tiger football players and those guys must be hitting the weights hard because they looked like football players, they were all huge and I'm not talking fat.
-
2007 Clay County
Clay returns most everyone from last seasson, can Zack Lewis take the tigers to the next step.
-
What mountain teams will be a force next season.
In the new divisions what mountain teams will be a force next season? Clay County gets almost everyone back next year, they should be one of the top mountain teams in the new 5A division. Who else will be loaded. As always Bell Rock
-
Best Freshman team in the mountains???
Most folks don't realize that 3 or 4 of Clay Freshman never got to play Freshman ball because they were starting on the Varsity team.
-
Rockcastle and Clay Playoff Rematch Predictions
Clay Couldn't have played any worse and Rock couldn't have played any better in the first meeting. Clay had just been ranked higher than Rock in the LIT ratings which are a Joke, and rock really wanted to prove something. I wonder if the Rockets will be as motivated tonight or will the be looking toward next weekend and a Match up with Bell. I bet the score of tonights game is a little closer than the first meeting. Rock 26 Clay 12
-
Bell Co. vs. Knox Co. Central-Playoff Rematch-Predictions?
Unless KC brings the refs they don't stand a chance on Log mountain. KC 12 Bell 32
-
Do your freshmen teams move up after their season is over?
The majority of teams across the state don't have enough pl;ayers to field a freshman only team so teh Freshman practice all year with the varsity. It must be nice to have so many kids.
-
Bell Co. 35 Clay Co. 7
There was no way Clay County was ever going to get in any position to make this game close. But thats football sometime you get the breaks other time you get your back broke by calls, Its part of football. Clay's Kids need to Become more aggrssive, i think this will come as the team gets more mature they missed alot of tackles because they just weren't intense enough. Think what you want about Clay but this young team has a future, it speaks volumes to hang with Bell on Log Mountain through three Qtrs starting and playing as many freshman as clay does. Good Job Tigers keep it up. I'm out like a fat kid playing dodgeball.
-
Clay County vs. Bell County Predictions
Clay & North Laurel....Thats the Game 38 Missed his first game back was the Bell Game. I wish Caly and Bell were in teh same Middle school Conferance. Good Luck tonight I don't figure you guys will need it.
-
Clay County vs. Bell County Predictions
Clay and Bells Eigth Grade played earlier this year and Bell won by a touchdown ( I think), but Clay Played without the services of #38 Tanner Gilbert who was out with a concussion. I'd guess Tanner is around 6'1" 225Lbs and he's only 14 years old the newspaper just done an article on him for benching 275 Lbs. the most ever in Clay county by a middle schooler. Remember that Name He'll be one to watch in the future.
-
Clay County vs. Bell County Predictions
Remember the tigers are a very young team last week they started 4 freshman on defense, I'd say teams better kick this bunch of tigers while they can. In the very near future when you tangle with the tigers you may get hold of more than you want. Clay is loaded with one of the best bunch of freshman I've ever seen they went 24-0 in two years in middle school.