Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SouthernSportsFan

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SouthernSportsFan

  1. McCreary is coming off a loss to J-Town. I'll take the Raiders and their efforts to right the ship before tourney time. McCreary 78-70
  2. Crosby 22 Watts 38 Interesting. Very proud of the effort McCreary put into this. Perhaps they are getting things turned around just in time. :thumb:
  3. South Laurel will win this district. :thumb:
  4. I would switch around the top ten some, but the teams there deserve it. Corbin hasn't played anyone outside of LexCath and their 13th region foes. I may actually drop them further than they are. But back to the teams that are in the Top 10.. :lol: Elliot could probably be higher..
  5. Is there is something you are trying to accompish? McCreary may be 10th or 200th. That's not the point. The point is Lexington Catholic is better than Corbin. :thumb: I didn't inject McCreary into this argument. :deadhorse:
  6. But I am not whining about where they are placed. :sssh:
  7. I guess going 100 miles south and playing a top 15 team in the state and losing by three (on the road) means nothing? Lexington Catholic would beat Corbin by 10+ at home, and maybe even more.
  8. Didn't one player for West Jessamine make 37 free throws? I'm not saying that there was any wrong doings, but that doesn't just happen for no reason.
  9. Because Lexington Catholic is better. :sssh:
  10. Not saying that you're wrong that Green/Monticello would be a game (I beg to differ, Green is too athletic for Monticello). But you can't base games off of prevous scores. If so, Garrard should have beaten Lincoln.
  11. Nice to see McCreary get their offense flowing again. They need to build off this if they want to beat Southwestern in a few weeks.
  12. Wow. This just proves that anyone can win this region. Everyone should get their Rupp tickets ready.
  13. I really hope Garrard can finish this year out strong. I hope that loss to Lincoln doesn't effect anything other than that game.
  14. I really meant nothing about Somerset. I apologize. McCreary graduated 7 seniors last year and only Roark and Watts return with significant experience. I think they did well earlier because they were playing on a high. I think youth can be a double-pronged swoard. They are too youthful to understand things and they play well. And then, sometimes, their youthfulness comes and bites them. Both Somerset and McCreary should be much improved next year. McCreary has had a tough schedule this year, and it doesn't get much easier. Losses to Catholic, Trinity, PCC, Anderson, and Lincoln, among others is probably a step in the right direction to help them become battle tested in the post season, or next season. I think McCreary is capable of making it to Rupp. But they just aren't playing well, and if they don't get it turned around, then they won't make the region tournament at all. Best of luck to Somerset and McCreary. p.s. I'm finished arguing with all about McCreary/Anderson. :isurrender:
  15. Where exactly did these juniors get a lot of clock from? Dixon played exactly ZERO minutes last year in the varsity level. Wright played exactly TWENTY-FIVE minutes last year in the varsity level. Schrock played exactly ZERO minutes last year at the varsity level. When you know the status of these players, feel free to continue to discuss the youth of them. These players have nearly zero time playing, and all three combined didn't play a complete game (minutes wise) last year. I honestly have nothing to prove. This is a young team, and it shows. Sorry, AJG. I left out Roark. He played time, but didn't start at all. Watts and Roark are the only two. But please, since Somerset hasn't done anything all year, disect everything I have posted.
  16. Guess what? I don't care. I'm not here to sell you, or anyone, anything.
  17. One senior on entire team. Shrock - Senior Watts - Junior Wright - Junior Roark - Junior Dixon - Sophomore/Junior? Honestly, I haven't watched too many games. Only Watts played any time at all last year. I think they CAN compete with nearly anyone. Will they? I don't know. They aren't used to this competition outside of Watts.
  18. I said this at the begining of the year and got blasted. Boyle just isn't good. They don't play like they did when Bottoms was there. I was just slapped with the 'football players aren't here yet' excuse.
  19. Based on what? That they're in a major slump and playing awful this year? Possibly. But I am not in the business to sell anyone anything. It's my opinion. Do I care if anyone believes me or has the same feelings? No. This team is extremely, extremely young.
  20. I agree. McCreary is in a slump. But Anderson County is not 20 points better than the Raiders. The Raiders beat Mercer, who lost to Anderson by three. McCreary isn't playing well right now, but without any doubt, if this were a 10 game series, I would take McCreary 6 out of 10 times.
  21. When McCreary plays to their talent, they are very good. They have some very athletic kids. They just haven't been playing too well recently.
  22. I think that could very well happen. Southwestern, McCreary, and Wayne are almost identical in my eyes.
  23. Garrard County 72-66 I just don't think Boyle County is a good team.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.