Everything posted by kysportsfan4life
-
Iroquois vs. Montgomery Updates
Montgomery winning the battle of the boards something like 29-13.
-
Iroquois vs. Montgomery Updates
2:59 left in the third, still all tied.
-
Iroquois vs. Montgomery Updates
Lee with a rebound, but dribbles it off her foot. 3:18 left in the third quarter. This is the first tie of the game at 29.
-
Iroquois vs. Montgomery Updates
Prewitt at the line for 2, she hits the first to tie up the game at 29. She misses the second, and Iroquois rebounds.
-
Iroquois vs. Montgomery Updates
Just tuned in to this game, and Montgomery has taken their first lead at 28-27, but A. Mathies hits a shot right after that to make it 29-28. Don't know how much time is left in the game, but I'm pretty sure it's the second quarter.
-
10th region softball
She is good, and they also have another young pitcher, a 7th grader, who played last year and has been working with a pitching coach and has improved tremendously. She's throwing almost as well as Greenhill right now. If she keeps up the hard work, Mason County will have a solid pitching rotation, something that they haven't had, well...ever. Mason has pretty much always just had that one pitcher, and if they got hurt, they were in trouble. They will struggle some on the defensive side, due to youth and inexperience, but shouldn't do too bad offensively. The girls are talented and will be tough in another year or two of experience.
-
Montgomery County 35 Christian Academy of Louisville 33
Sounds like this was a great game, as most thought it would be. Montgomery avenges their loss earlier in the season to CAL. Congrats Montgomery! I'll be rooting for you the rest of the way! Bring it all home.
-
Montgomery Co. vs. Iroquois Predictions
What does everyone think? I think Iroquois is the favorite, but you can never count out Montgomery. I'll take Montgomery in a very close game.
-
Mason County vs. Shelby Valley
Someone should post a poll on this thread.
-
Mason County 51 Clark County 43
Pawsat was huge for Mason for the first half and through the third quarter, then Middleton finally started to get going. This was just the tale of two halves. Clark jumped out and played great the first half, the Royals didn't. The Royals outplayed the Cards in the second half. Outscored them something like 36-17 in the second half. Treg Setty was a nonfactor in this game, but hit 2 big free throws in the 4th. Free throw shooting in the 4th could've hurt the Royals, but they knocked them down when they needed to. I thought Phil Barner made 2 huge baskets in the game as well when they were making their comeback, and Jordan Gilbert hit a huge 3 in the 4th quarter that put the Royals up 2. A great team effort tonight, all around. I have no complaints about the refs...I thought this game was called as fairly as it could be. There were no calls and questionable calls on both ends tonight, but the refs didn't hurt or help the outcome. The kids really fought this one out. Congrats to the Cards on a great season, and I'm sure this rivalry will be strong for the next few years, as both teams will remain contenders for the title. And...although I am a fan of having it at the Fieldhouse, I really enjoyed the BOKC. It felt like a mini state tournament and the atmosphere was great. The only thing I didn't like were the outrageous concession prices, which are understood I guess, and that all the fans seemed really spread out, which made it seem like a lot less people were there. Overall, great tournament. Good luck to the Royals at state!
-
10th Region Final: Mason County vs. George Rogers Clark
That's easy enough. Thanks!
-
10th Region Final: Mason County vs. George Rogers Clark
Can anyone give me directions to the BOKC from Maysville. I've never been.
-
Predictions: Clay County vs. Ohio County
I'll take Clay County in this one by about 7 or 8 points.
-
Montgomery County vs. CAL Predictions (First Round, Sweet 16)
What are everyone's thoughts on this game? CAL beat Montgomery, it was their first loss, earlier in the season by 5. Montgomery went on a roll after that. I'll take Montgomery in this one by 5-10 points.
-
Montgomery County 51 George Rogers Clark 44
Oh, what a comment. They are a great team, and not many can say they have won 5 straight regional titles, and they definitely haven't come easy. Give them some credit and stop being so negative!
-
Lexington Christian Academy 81 Scott County 59
I wasn't saying anything about LCA other than congratulating them, and was just simply STATING that Scott returned all players, so they should improve next year.
-
Casey County 32 Lincoln County 21
A low scoring affair. Congrats to Casey County. Good luck at state.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 81 Scott County 59
Congrats to LCA. And to Scott County, keep your heads up. They return everybody next year, so the future is very bright for this young team.
-
Montgomery County 51 George Rogers Clark 44
GRC didn't get 3 players? Usually the last two teams get 3 players and then the winning team gets 3 players plus a MVP.
-
Montgomery County 51 George Rogers Clark 44
Speaking of MVP...Who were named to the all-tournament team for the whole tournament, and who ended up getting MVP?
-
Scott County 69 Lexington Catholic 60
Anyone have stats?
-
Franklin-Simpson 55 Barren County 24
Impressive.
-
Montgomery County 51 George Rogers Clark 44
Montgomery has always made some noise in state, but now it's time to really represent that 10th region well and bring home a state championship! Congrats on the win and best of luck at state. They surely can do something special this year. Congrats to Clark County on their effort. Sounds like they gave them a run for their money. Do they graduate any seniors?
-
George Rogers Clark 55 Scott 47
Wow. 33 of 47 points? Hard to believe she's just a sophomore. She still has 2 years left. The sky is the limit for this young lady.
-
Montgomery County vs. Clark County Predictions (10th Region Championship)
40th district championship re-match. Montgomery is the better team, but will they play like it? It will take a HUGE effort to upset the Lady Indians, but it is possible. That being said, though, I'll take Montgomery by about 10 in a very close game, but Montgomery will seal it in the 4th quarter.