Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RebelK

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RebelK

  1. I wish him luck and I truly hope this works out well for him and all the kids. I wish they would give him a new field house as a welcome to Boyle gift!!!!!!!
  2. Well I will have to admit that I never thought of myself as "spoiled" just completely satisfied:D:D I think that the true fans (which I think of myself as one) remembers the lean years when we didn't have anything to lose and still totally appreicated all the hard work that all those kids did. I saw how my nephew reacted about his senior year and even though it was one of the hardest years he had ever had, he came out of it with a new appreication for how people should be treated, and for that I will always be grateful. This may sound corny to some people, but I have always believed that there are blessings in everything, even those times of our lives that don't go the way we would wish for them to go. I wish the best for the new coach, whoever he might be, and I hope that he never forgets that he is only there because those young men are there.
  3. I'm not saying that the coaches at Boyle County are bad people because they aren't. I think that all of them have a good heart and a great will to win. What I think makes a great coach is someone who also has a great love for the kids to go along with his great will to win. You have to strive and work hard for state championships otherwise you will never make it to that level. That being said, I have to believe that you can reach that level without making kids suffer for it. What I think we all fail to understand is that we aren't talking about professional football players here. We are talking about young kids who are working their tails off just because they have such a great love for the game. They are there to entertain us and we have to appreicate them whether they put a win in the books or not. I've driven hundreds of miles all over this state for over 30 years watching this team play. I will have to say that for all but 5 of those years I didn't see a lot of wins and NO state championships but that never stopped me from getting behind the wheel and going to watch them play. I don't think that it takes a good person with just a good heart to be a head coach, otherwise I'd be one. What it also takes is someone who can treat each kid fairly and equally and instill in them a will to win and to be a team player. I've never said anything to a coach in all these years and I don't plan on starting now. If you can get a coach with the above qualifications and if he doesn't put too many wins in the books and if he doesn't come home with a state championship, I will still be o-kay with him.
  4. First off - I am not enchanced with the title of "spoiled Fans" that was handed out to us. What follows below, in answer to your question, will explain why I don't think that was a title that is deserved. I asked both of my nephews who played for both Smith and Pardue what the difference was between these two men. The answer I got was - Coach Smith was so intense but you got the feeling that he really did care for you as a person and not just a football player. Coach Smith never let you get away with doing anything wrong but he was always fair to you. Coach Pardue - Is a nice man who has such a talent for calling the offensive plays. I think what happened here was he didn't quite know what to do with some of his coaches and IMO that's where the troubles were. For me and my family our unhappiness was not the lack of winning and the lack of a state championship (and if you knew us you would know that's the truth), our problem was how we felt some of the kids were being treated. We are a football family so we understand intense coaching and playing. We understand that sometimes things are done and said that you probably wouldn't do or say to your child in your own home. We understand all of that and have dealt with that for years. What we couldn't understand was the need to treat some kids in a way that we didn't feel was right.
  5. Nothing against any of the remaining coaches at Boyle, but I really hope that they go outside of the system and hire a coach. I think we need fresh ideas and fresh ways of doing things. I can't see anything wrong with offering Morriss the job and I don't see anything wrong with him turning it down. I think that whole process has brought an excitement to the school and the town that has been lacking for quite some time now. I also feel that with all the media coverage of this past week it may have brought the job opportunity to someone's attention and make them take a second look at the job for themselves. I think the Super and Thomas took a shot at getting Morriss and you can't blame anyone of the two for doing that. I think that both of them know what kind of coach they need and want and I think they will continue on the right course to make that happen.
  6. Oh Hatz, Please don't be telling people who your candidate is. I'd like a little while longer to decide if I want the position or not.:lol: Actually, I think it was kinda exciting to think that perhaps we would get Guy to coach our team. Just this alone makes me believe that the administration at the school will be looking at good people for the job.
  7. Guy? Guy Who? :lol::lol: Oh I feel like I've just been stood up for my High School Prom:irked::irked: Oh well I will just have to dream on.....................................:lol:
  8. :thumb::thumb::thumb: It would be kinda hard to have a press conference with the man himself if he is still in Texas. According to the the Advocate there has been no word from Morriss as of 12:00 today. I think they wanted to have some kind of rally at the school, if he did accept, and they want the students and the public there. So I suppose if it's a go then they will arrange all of that for the time he will be in town. Oh well ........still waiting:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:
  9. I have to run out and pay some bills in a bit. Perhaps I could just drop by Larry's office and sit there until I hear something:lol::lol::lol: I could become the roving reporter for BGP today:D
  10. I could but I don't know how to start arranging all the information that's been given out in the last few days. Perhaps the following will help. Please note that this is just one woman's way of trying to make sense of the situation. Please feel free to correct me. (1) Guy Morriss was approaced, by someone, about the coaching job at Boyle County. (2) Guy Morriss decided that he'd like to discuss the job. (3) The Super and the Principle did meet with him in Lexington to discuss this job offer. (4) Mr. Morriss went back home to discuss this job offer with his wife. (5) There isn't a 5 right now. I think that anything that people are hearing right now is just what others are saying because I just betcha that when Morriss either accepts the job or doesn't accept the job, the newspaper will be alerted. Does this help you at all Ram:D
  11. Unless I am your source and then you can tell whatever I tell you:D Of course it might not be true so you'll just have to take that chance:lol::lol:
  12. From someone who was "there" I couldn't agree more. I'm just going to sit back and wait for the "news" one way or the other. But please let me say this just one more time ..... I can assure everyone that Boyle County would never do anything that wasn't on the up and up. We may not be the sharpest knives in the drawer sometimes but we "ain't" that stupid.
  13. I think that's why it's taking so long - they want to make sure that it passes all "smell" tests. I feel sure that they want to do this correctly and are covering every base. I, of course, do not know what the guidelines are and what can and can't be done but I trust that the one's who are making this deal - do know. I do know for a fact that Boyle County and their employees would never do anything that wasn't on the up and up. Plus this, if it happens, will be such big news that it would never be something that could be kept quite.
  14. RockPride - Oh.....O-Kay - you can come here also. :thumb: BF - He is a yankee - he just doesn't sound like one:lol::lol: Rebel - I am disappointed with you. You would have thought that you and that friend of ours, that you walk the sidelines with, would have already known the whole story. Hatz - when you recieve a box of Burkes donuts you will know that there is something I want to know.
  15. You and my husband are the only yankee's welcome here;) There was an interesting story about the mother of the person you were engaged to. If you'd like to hear it...just PM me.
  16. FINALLY - Someone who understands how this should work:lol::lol: I just had a very interesting conversation with someone "in the know" and he told me that Morriss has asked for a 4 - 5 year contract and he wants to teach. The interview took place in Lexington and he went home to discuss it with his wife. He doesn't have to teach in order to coach but I think it's a plus for him that he wants to. My "someone in the know" says that if these two issues can be worked out then he will be the next coach. So I suppose we will just have to wait to see what comes of this.
  17. Channel 27 news said, today at noon, that he hadn't/hasn't shown up for the interview. I just betcha if he has they wouldn't tell anyone yet anyway. My source actually told me that he was in town yesterday meeting with some "Boyle County Football in the know people":irked: and they didn't invite me:irked:....whether that was correct or not is anyone's guess.
  18. I would have no idea but it seems by saying that they will have an announcement Friday that means that they already have someone ready to sign. But who knows - now that Holt is leaving Eastern Ky Guy might stop off there first to apply for that job.:lol: All joking aside - I think this would be wonderful!
  19. Oh I wouldn't put a fork in it yet:D My source has never let me down before but there is always a first for everything. Now for myself...I can't quite figure out how a high school could compete with the salary that he could get at the college level but perhaps that's not important.:confused:
  20. Larry isn't going to go 100% because "even he" knows things can fall through. My source told me that it seems to be a done deal but I'd wait until Friday to see.
  21. A source that I have relied on for years told me today that Morriss is going to be the next coach. I was also told that he is actually in town today meeting with a few people that are really close to the Boyle program. He actually does own a farm here (he bought it when he was coach at UK). I don't know why he would want to step down from college to high school but perhaps he thinks this would be the best for him right now. For the question....would we "fans" be happy.....I can only speak for myself, but I would be happy with anyone that treats the kids like they should be treated. So I guess we will just have to wait to see what happens but if Larry Vaught says that it might happen then I would have to say that it will.
  22. Which kid started as the QB last night? Was it Mason?
  23. O-kay - how can Boyle fans expectations be any higher than any other fans in this commonwealth? Before we relive the 5 championships, please let us long long time fans have a voice here. I remember times when we were lucky if we won 2 games a year. I remember traveling this state watching the freshmen, JV and varsity come away from most games with just dirty clothes. My family and a lot of families traveled with our team (our kids) not because we expected anything - we traveled with them because we have a great love for our team and for our kids. I don't expect a championship each year - never have and never will. But I do expect fair treated for all and for everyone to always remember that these kids, and your kids, are just that kids and they should be treated as such. Will Boyle ever have what they had while Smith was there, probably not, but I for one can't see into the future and make that prediction. But you can't ever tell me that the Boyle fans are the only fans that, if the opportunity comes, would like to make a trip to Louisville. What I wish for the Boyle kids and for every kid that plays football in Kentucky is a healthy year with few injuries and I truly hope that they all come away from this year feeling that it was the best year ever in their lives.
  24. I asked a certain young man last year what the difference was playing for the current coach verus Smith. He answered it quite simply, "Coach Smith was so intense and that made us all want to be intense also". He also told me, "when Coach Smith talked to you, you knew that he was going to talk to you as a Coach who truly cared". I don't truly think that the talent was there the last two years but as another poster said earlier, coach Smith could just get so much more out of kids. I think that you have to believe that your coach believes in you before you can believe in yourself. I know this is going to sound like sour grapes and I truly don't mean for it to but if you believe in your team and if your team believes in you, I really don't think there isn't anything you can't accomplish.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.