Everything posted by fcpantherfan
-
Russell vs. Fleming County Predictions
Seating roughly like East & West, not as many as Lewis' visitors side.
-
Russell vs. Fleming County Predictions
Seems like I'm the only one that posts for Fleming County. Looking forward to the game on Friday. I don't know if it will be a running clock, but I think we will give it our best shot. I am actually one that wants it to be bad weather, because I would rather Fleming run the ball.
-
Russell vs. Fleming County Predictions
Same seating as always, would be nice if they expand seating for the visitors. Guess the higher ups feel no need if they only fill them about twice a year if that.
-
Fleming County 61 Powell County 2
Fleming County had a high snap on first play of scrimmaged that forced the quarterback into the endzone. Intentional grounding was called on the pass out of the endzone. It was Panthers from then on out. Powell was set on passing in the first half, while Fleming picked off a couple of passes. Lots of subbing in the 2nd half. Powell looks like they are really struggling with their program.
-
Fleming County 61 Powell County 2
Final
-
Fleming County 15 East Carter 3
An old fashioned mud run game. Fleming primarily ran the ball as well as East. Seemed East had trouble staying on their feet, alot more slips than the Panthers. Defenses definitely had the advantage last night. Panthers at home Friday against Estill.
-
Fleming County 42 Lewis County 12
My guess would be that we would have a home playoff game every year, I can't really speak for the coaches. I, along with alot of other fans would rather stay where we are. The better the competition, the more it forces you to raise your level of play. I just don't see the competition in the other district as tough as where we are now. That's not a knock against Breathitt, but the other schools are having some down times. As to if we show up for the game, our offense plays into the Devils strength of secondary. I would like for us to line up and try to run against the Red Devils, because Russell will have the best team speed we see every year. If Fleming is healthy going into Friday night, I like the Panthers' chances of running the table till the last of October, barring injuries to some key seniors.
-
Mason Co. 14 Frankfort 12
Congrats to the Royals. Coach Buchanan always has teams that seem to improve each week.
-
Fleming County 42 Lewis County 12
They had been shutout of 3 of their 4 games this year. Actually heard after the game on Vanceburg radio station that there quarterback had quit this week.
-
Fleming County 42 Lewis County 12
Fleming leads 28-0 at halftime, and coasts to the win in Vanceburg.
-
Kickoff Rules Help
Guys, Thanks for the help
-
Kickoff Rules Help
I was hoping some of our officials could help me with this kickoff question. There was a dispute in one of our leagues as to how many players can be lined up on the line when receiving a kickoff, usually you see the standard 5, but during a particular game one team lined up all 11 players on the line to receive the kickoff. Is it possible or legal to have more than 5 players lined up at the line of scrimmage when receiving a kickoff?
- East Carter 13 Fairview 6
-
Fleming County changes districts
I don't think Fleming would be finishing 3rd every year. Russell would probably finish 1st 9 out of 10 years with Fleming or Mason finishing first the other years. I think the Fleming and Mason programs are very comparable, I think Fleming can hang with Mason any year. Most years we have had problems with Russell. I would personally like to stay where we are at right now, but I'm not calling the shots.
-
Fleming County changes districts
As a Panther fan, I do have mixed feelings about the move, as do many Fleming County fans. On the positive side, it does give Fleming an almost lock on a home field first round playoff game every year. It makes scheduling pretty easy based on Fleming staying in the EKC. I know Fleming wants to keep Mason on the schedule, and with EKC commitments, I would venture a guess that Lewis, at least 1 Carter school, and Nicholas will remain on the schedule. I would like to see both Carter schools on the schedule, maybe a Morgan and Russell, but I don't see that happening. On the negative side, we are going to have to travel some distances but with the smaller districts, it makes for possibly a couple of longer road trips every other year. The way the new alignment states, Cawood will be consolidating after next year, so a possible trip to Harlan would be only 1 time, and that would be have to be a Saturday based on KHSAA season limitations on traveling during school time. As an alumni and fan of Fleming County, I definitely have seen the football program continue on the upswing the last 6 or 7 years. The feeder program on the elementary level has improved along with the district we have played in. Russell has been the king of the mountain, and I think with the type of program they have, it has challenged everyone in this area to improve. Most teams are not there as of yet, but there has been some improvement with most of the teams in our district. With the talent Fleming has coming on in the next 4-5 years, I would look for some battles with Russell and Mason in the near future.
-
Breathitt Co 43 Fleming Co 29
From the Fleming standpoint, I was pleased with the progress we showed from our last scrimmage against Bath. It was like night and day, we showed some enthusiasm. Need some work on tackling skills, way too many missed tackles by the Panthers. Effort was there, now execution needs to be raised to continue to get better.
-
Breathitt Co 43 Fleming Co 29
Ryan Taylor is #33, he's listed at 6'0" and 245 pounds and is a freshman.
-
Breathitt Co. vs Fleming Co.
It's going to come down to the Lewis and West Carter games. If Fleming improves steadily, they could finish anywhere from 2nd to 4th in the district. Obviously Russell is head and shoulders above anybody else in the district. I think all the other teams have question marks that will have to be answered.
-
Breathitt Co. vs Fleming Co.
I was surprised Newsome did not get a snap at the Grid. You're beating me to the punch on Red Devils questions as well.
-
Breathitt Co. vs Fleming Co.
The last I heard Fritz was hoping to walk on to the UK baseball team. Number 55, Richie Gray is playing football at Morehead. Right now it looks like the reload may take a couple of years. There are only 8 seniors and 11 juniors on the team. The freshman class is probably the largest class numbers and size wise we have had for a long time. By the end of the season you will probably see some of them get some quality time.
-
Breathitt Co. vs Fleming Co.
Fleming is very inexperienced this year. Currently they are going to play Bailey Ellison, a senior at quarterback, with their main skill people being seniors with limited experience from last year. Could be a long evening in Jackson Friday night. The Panthers are going to have make good decisions to stay in the game.
-
King of the Carpet Pick 10 Contest (Round 2)
Lexington Catholic Christian County Russell Trigg County Beechwood Bell County Ashland Dunbar Somerset East Carter 49