Everything posted by TubbyCAT
-
Holmes off the court encounter.
Great job all the way around!
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
AMEN to that statement!!!!!!
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
Well, I agree with ALL IN about one thing! When, not if, Persinger gets the boys job, the AD needs to be looking for a softball coach for next season. The basketball job needs his commitment from high school, to junior high, on down to the elementary program. On the girls side of things as far as coaches: Millie Reule-1-2 years I think---first coach I know for certain, Gary Clayton-1-2 years, Danny Cummins-1 year, Tony Johnson-4 years, Ralph Brown-1 year, Gary Clayton--again-13 or 14 years???, Mike Appleman-4 years, Jon Wirth-1-2 years, Jamey Basham- a few seasons, Brad Wolfzorn--3-4 years, Molly Schultz (Linville)--3 years, and Patrick Kelsch-current coach entering his 2nd full season! Clayton, Johnson, Appleman, Wolfzorn, and Kelsch took teams to the regional I know for certain. Clayton had the most success winning 11 or 12 straight district titles, the old 38th District (Augusta, Bracken, Deming, & Pendleton). He also won the '91 10th Region Class "A" Title one season and advanced to the Class "A" Final Four that season! That was a tremendous team led by Molly Linville and Annie Mains, they were loaded! On the baseball side of things, Tom "TA" Appelman and Ron Reule both were baseball coaches and both had some success.
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
I totally agree about hiring based on ability, trust me on that! I think the absolute BEST candidate for the job should be the one put in the position! ALL IN: My good friend, you have done it again and left something out. Henson, as Persinger is a resident of the county, has those family roots and is an alum, however he IS NOT a teacher and coach in the system for a number of years! Right now that probably is the BIGGEST feather in Persinger's proverbial cap! The ability, or lack there of, we will all see on the job!
-
Shelby County Job
So it will remain just as is til then?
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
Perhaps require is a tough point to try and make or ask. I do not think a moving package would be needed, sometimes coaches do move. I would think it would benefit the coach to live in the community at least in this case because it seems that is one of the biggest gripes I hear from their fans: they want someone who will stay around! I think that is one of the biggest factors for Coach Persinger getting the position. He is a graduate of BC, a teacher and coach in the system for a number of years, I am thinking in the teens, he lives in the county, he has family roots in the county.
-
Garth Grause
Best of luck to a fine young man! Get that degree at Berea and make a great life for yourself!
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
I have no idea why the announcement has not been made, this is a done deal, Persinger will be offered the position. I can only assume that he will say YES! I know as of right this minute, Chad Persinger is the choice at Bracken County for Boys Head Basketball Coach! Bracken County has many issues in their athletic department. They should be a great deal more competitive in all their sports then they are. They have great facilities and passionate fans, a bit over-zealous at times, but passionate, and they have enough kids in their school to compete at the Class A level for certain. It comes back to the coaching, when a coach is hired, everyone is not gonna be happy about who was brought in. The same thing is gonna happen to Chad Persinger once he accepts the position. Those so called supporters are gonna be the ones after Coach Persinger because of this or that, it will happen, trust me on that. How he handles it and deals with it will be the huge key. Time willalso be a big part of this situation, will he be given enough time to implement his system and run with it. OR, will the BC administration fold to the pressure and get rid of him also? As for Jason Henson, not for sure he would have been as great a hire at BC as some on here think. He is a pretty good coach and has more experience then Persinger, but for me he still would not have been my choice. I would have opened up the search and been exhaustive with it. I would look for a coach and asked that coach to move to the community, to make an investment in the school and community, I would require my Head Coach to instill an elementary program!
-
Shelby County Job
When is the new school set to open?
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
Two things you guys can mark down right now as a CERTAINTY: Chad Persinger will be the NEW Head Boys Basketball Coach @ Bracken County HS! It will be announced very soon! Jason Henson was NEVER gonna get the position! I am not saying anything negative about Coach Henson, but, it simply was just never gonna happen!
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
I can't see Persinger giving up girls fast-pitch softball, he loves it! He has built a very good program and it is a passion!
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
Nothing has been decided one way or the other, TRUST ME! Are they leaning a certain way, from what I hear, YES! Also it is believed that everyone is not in agreement on the possible hire! Those in charge of this process, as of right now, have to look within--that certainly limits the candidates! Does not mean they do not have viable candidates! Is RuSerious possibly talking about Patrick Kelsch, current HC of the BC Lady Bears who lives in Augusta? Nothing will be announced before the job has been posted for 30 days, it is just that simple!
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
Andrew King went to school @ St. Augustine, the small Catholic school in Augusta through 8th grade and played ball @ Augusta in their middle school program. He then transferred to Bracken County upon entering his freshman season. A very good player who tremendously helped Bracken County. The key there was that Andrew's family are Augusta people, at least on his moms side.
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
ALL IN: The reason that Jamey Johnson's name has not been mentioned is VERY simple, it is because of the anti-nepotism rule they have @ Bracken County and most schools. That dis-allows Jamey Johnson to even apply for the position because his father is the Superintendent. PLEASE try and understand that! In the end it doesn't matter really who becomes the coach at Bracken County, girls or boys. The parents and the fans are NEVER going step away from the program enough to allow a coach to coach! Another thing that Bracken County may want to remember, your program is not the University of Kentucky. I have no issue with fans believing in their program, I do mine! However, this is going to be the 5th coach in just several or so years that this program for whatever reason has had!
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
The job HAS to stay posted by KHSAA regulations for at least 30 days from the time it is posted. Not for certain when it was first posted, but it will be 30 days after that before an announcement will be made. Not saying someone will not be hired, but the official announcement will come 30 days after the post if a hire is made!
-
Forrest steps down
Forrest had a successful career, but was not always the nicest guy to be around!
-
Brian Kelly new head Coach Fleming County
Good hire, but hard to follow your dad! We will see how he handles it!
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
Interesting???
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
All of this is so funny!
-
Kasey Litzinger signs with Lindsey Wilson
Congratulations!!!!
-
Any changes in 10th Region coaching corners.....
Quite certain Appleman was not a 90% FT shooter and even more certain he has no interest in coaching at Bracken County. Where did that even come from?
-
Augusta 2009/2010
Coach Kelsch runs a great program and he never complains about anything! He is a class act through and through. He is a first ballot 10th Region Hall-of-Famer when the time comes, no one any more deserving then Coach Robin Kelsch! I believe that Coach Kelsch has the longest tenure in the 10th Region if Coach Reitz goes and head and retires.
-
Bracken coaching changes again!
I wish I knew who the Polar Bears coach is gonna be! Would love to have some of these rumors confirmed or denied. However, I do know one thing for certain and I totally agree with the THESportsANIMAL, Bracken County will not have a new superintendent as Tony Johnson is not retiring!
-
Any changes in 10th Region coaching corners.....
Persinger has coached HS girls softball and again a much different beast then HS basketball, in my opinion. No, Kelsch has not coached boys (@ HS, may have coached MS boys) and that would be an adjustment for him, but one he could handle very well! Many coaches have made that transition and have been successful, Keslch could as well. There are more issues with Coach Breeze then just wins and losses. The teaching position being one! Like I said in an earlier post, Bracken needs to hire someone who will work with the elementary and middle school programs! I totally agree, it all starts there!
-
Silver Grove Girls Basketball
I agree Coach K. However, your devoted following is curious! The natives are getting restless so to speak.