Forrest steps down

Before we talk about who gets the job let me say Gary Forrest is a 100% class act combined with great coaching knowledge. He was a credit to the coaching community and always was willing to sit down with younger coaches and talk basketball. I have known him since the 80's and spent many hours with him at Transy. working in the hot summer gyms.

Good luck Coach Forrest!

Sorry to hear the news. Although we don't cover Oldham County, we usually saw the Colonels in our 8th Region trips during the year. Congratulations to Coach Forrest on a great career at Oldham County!!!

I'm sure ColonelMike will have more insight later!!!

Anyone think that Oldham might go after a current head coach in the 8th?? Someone that understands the area and coaches? Or do you think they go and get someone from another region distant from the 8th??? Just questions for thought.

I don't know how many of the 8th region coaches are looking to move. I would think Simpson at South and Edelyn at North would be happy where they are. Duvall at Owen is probably the hottest name of young 8th region coaches and he is Owen to the core. Jones at Gallatin is pretty settled. Nethery at Eminence might be an up and comer but he hasn't proven himself quite yet. Holland at Henry could be a possibility. We here his name in some rumors for jobs from time to time. He has done well at Henry. He might be a candidate.