Forrest steps down

Coach Forrest is simply one of the best coaches and not to mention person that you will ever meet. He has done so much for the 8th region, and for the state of basketball that he will be deeply missed. Enjoy retirement coach!

I think Holland has to be a serious candidate. What about Kinmon from Grant? Both of these guys are proven winners, coaches of the year if I am not mistaken. Holland has turned down jobs since coming to Henry I have heard and so has Kinmon, so both maybe happy where they are. I have a feeling that it will be an inside job however. Hard following a legend, and North and South are on the rise, where Oldham is down.

I think Holland has to be a serious candidate. What about Kinmon from Grant? Both of these guys are proven winners, coaches of the year if I am not mistaken. Holland has turned down jobs since coming to Henry I have heard and so has Kinmon, so both maybe happy where they are. I have a feeling that it will be an inside job however. Hard following a legend, and North and South are on the rise, where Oldham is down.

Kinmon's a hometown boy in Grant Co. I can't see him moving.

And how is Oldham "down" just two years removed from a Sweet 16 trip?

Both of those names would be a great fit for the Oldham job. I could see the job going to someone inside the Oldham County area though. I think Holland would be a better fit for the job because he is younger and I would think that Oldham would look for someone to be around for 10+ years, or 20 + like Coach Forrest. Either of the two would be loyal to the program and wouldn't win and leave, based upon the fact that they have been offered bigger jobs before and turned them down. Anyone have ideas about how good the upcoming classes are for Oldham?

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

I don't know how many of the 8th region coaches are looking to move. I would think Simpson at South and Edelyn at North would be happy where they are. Duvall at Owen is probably the hottest name of young 8th region coaches and he is Owen to the core. Jones at Gallatin is pretty settled. Nethery at Eminence might be an up and comer but he hasn't proven himself quite yet. Holland at Henry could be a possibility. We here his name in some rumors for jobs from time to time. He has done well at Henry. He might be a candidate.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Would Kinmon or Holland consider leaving their current programs for a chance to coach at a top school in the region? What are the positives and negatives of coaching in Oldham Co? A couple positives: Big school, good athletes, tradition of winning

Negatives: 3 high schools in the county, 3 of the top 5 programs in the region in your district, coaching in Coach Forrest shadow?