Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sowcsoc

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sowcsoc

  1. I believe Woodford had a lead on Lafayette in their first game when it was rained out. Same weekend as the Trinity/X game. Lafayette was able to recover a couple of days later and beat WC. Not this time. WC didn't let up. They must have a lot of wrestliers on their football team. Go WC.
  2. I believe the final score was 58-12.
  3. :fire: Undefeated Lafayette goes down hard. Nice job Yellowjackets.:fire:
  4. Frankfort gets a first down on the 17 leading 12-7. Now inside the 10.
  5. Big Fig, Thanks for this link. I am a Danville grad living in the Louisville area and have been searching for this. Gracias, Danke, Merci, Grazi, and Thank Y:ylsuper: u.
  6. Did Woodford's A team participate?
  7. What's going on with Ryle? Were they missing some of their starters?
  8. Do your Middle Schools allow wrestlers to wrestle with the High School? If not, why? I would like as much feedback as possible.
  9. I believe the better team is Henry Clay and the only advantage Trinity has is its history of winning and perhaps the home field advantage. In my opinion, if Trinity manages to win, then the most talented tean did not win. I just hope Henry Clay does not let Trinity's history intimidate them.
  10. My post is based only on the preseason team rankings, not individual rankings. I know how tough NKY is and expect them to be well represented in the state tournament. However, the team rankings indicate that NKY may not be as well represented at state as it has been in the past. Time will tell. Personally, I hope the quality of wrestling in NKY hasn't declined. Rather, I hope the rest of the state is getting better and raising the standard. I've said before that Kentucky has better wrestling than most states give credit. We just don't have the exposure. For example: I could name one Kentucky state placer, not a champion, that has defeated a Tennessee state champion, while in high school, and spanked a two time Nebraska state champion, while in college. I could name another Kentucky wrestler that has beaten a hearlded Tennessee state champion,. Yet, another young Kentucky wrestler that has repeatedly beaten an Indiana state champion. And, another Kentucky wrestler that attended a highly competitive out-of-state camp and earned the outstanding wrestler award. And, an ex-Kentucky wrestler, who was second string on his Kentucky team, who later moved to Tennessee and was a state runner up there. Also consider what a Kentucky wrestler is currently accomplishing at Cumberland College, and another that I belive will be wrestling for a Big Ten school. These are just what I know about within my small circle. I do not want NKY wrestling to decline. I would rather see the rest of the state get better and push the bar higher. The title of my post was intended to have a little fun and "bust your NKY chops" a little. Hopefully, the team rankings reflect a positive move throughout the state.
  11. I believe Henry Clay is the better team in this matchup, but Trinity has that will to win, and the outcome could be the lesser team winning. If Henry Clay believes in themselves and expects to win, then HC will pave their driveways with the rocks and roll over them.
  12. Is the quality of NKY wrestling falling this year or is the rest of the state picking up in talent? It looks like the Northern Kentucky region could be knocked off this year as the best region. Wrestling in Western Kentucky appears to have improved greatly in the last 5 years. Here's how the regions look based on the pre-season team top 20 rankings Region 5 - 4 teams - South Oldham (2), Fern Creek (5), Oldham Co. (6) and Eastern (11). Region 1 - 4 teams - Union Co. (12), Caldwell Co. (16), Ft. Campbell (17) and Ohio Co. (20) Region 2 - 3 teams - Larue Co. (3), North Hardin (10) and Anderson Co. (18) Region 6 - 3 teams - Ryle (4), Campbell Co. (9) and Simon Kenton (14) Region 7 - 2 teams - Woodford Co. (1) and Harrison Co. (8) Region 8 - 2 teams - Sheldon Clark (7) and Wayne Co. (15) Region 4 - 2 teams - Trinity (13) and Seneca (19) Region 3 - 0 teams
  13. Does anyone know how the KHSAA will punish HHS? Someone mentioned that perhaps a penalty would be imposed next year. Can this happen? If so, what should be the penalty?
  14. Sportz Addict and anyone else that continues the allegations about Boyle's coach are in denial. You are trying to shift the blame for something HHS should take accountability.
  15. The team that is able to put this behind them and focus on the game.
  16. The school system should have stepped in and said no to the transfer to play. I could cite you an example, from this year, where a high level athlete wanted to transfer to another school because of coaching. But, the school system would not allow it. I could also cite you an example of a very athletic kid that transfered from a school to another school for financial reasons. This kid had to sit out a year. You can't blame the KHSAA on this or anyone else except the HHS authorities.
  17. Guru has a knack for being right about these things and when I read the rule, I come to the same conclusion. But, this just does not pass the smell test. Highland's coach has to take the blame for this situation. Perhaps he didn't have the confidence that he could win without Mitchell. Somehow, teams like HHS find a way to win and HHS would have stood a good chance to be in the finals even if Mitchell had not played all year. From the posts I've seen, HHS has a stable of backs and I'm sure one or more would have risen to the task. I just hope this doesn't prove to be a distraction to either of the finalists. Right now the best way to get over the bad feelings, confusion and frustration is to have both Boyle and HHS put on a hard fought and competitive football game. Bell fans, I encourage you to not play the "What if" game. You have an excellent team that is title worthy. Although I don't agree with the grain of sand analogy, I do agree that it is difficult to say what would have happened if Mitchell had not played. Bell could have won big or someone for HHS may have played in the "zone."

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.