Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

highschoolsportsfan

Inactive Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan

  1. In the 16th region, Rowan Co and Rose Hill are still open, to my knowledge.
  2. It is official, Merle Kidwell is the new head coach at Russell. I have the story on my sports report this morning. My source is the most reliable in this situation, I am not KIDding.
  3. I didn't know he coached high school basketball. Does anyone know his credentials for the job? I am just asking. I have nothing against, I don't even know him!!! And yes, I am a Kidwell supporter, even though I really don't have a dog in the fight!!!! I will admit that up front. But Merle has paid his dues and deserves a chance.
  4. I think we all know, and he admits, that Duck is a Dodd supporter. He is not going to be happy unless they re-open the job and hire Coach Dodd. I must say that I have nothing against Coach Dodd, he was always a professional when I worked around him. But Duck needs to get over it and move on. I would like for him to explain who the "Sons of Sam" are he spoke of in previous threads. Actually there are a lot of questions I would like for him to answer, but probably better suited for a pm.
  5. I personally know a lot of the AD's in my job, believe me, if they do their job the way it's supposed to be done they do a LOT more than just what you listed!!
  6. Thanks LRCW! Either we have the same "source" or we are both being duped!
  7. I did not see the applications, but the person who told me about it has never lied to me. He/she may have heard from someone who lied to them, I don't know. Also, I may be mistaken about Ty Barnes applying, it may have been Chris Barnes, the same Barnes who applied at Russell. That I have not been able to clarify.
  8. Never hold my breath unless I am underwater (it does come in handy then)!
  9. I am hearing Bush or Barnes (Ty) I also heard that Marty Mills and Ron Reed applied.
  10. Expect an announcement today or tomorrow.
  11. I was told yesterday that Chris Barnes was to interview last night. I think Kidwell has already interviewed. I would expect an announcement sometime very soon.
  12. I think Thacker is the front runner right now. I would love to see some of the other guys on that list get the job, but it might be best for the Vikings to get some "out of the region" blood in. I don't see Rowan Co being all that strong this year, although I might be surprised. They lose a lot of talent. Then again, maybe it would be best to hire from within. They have a couple of pretty good coaches right there in the system. I have heard a couple of other names that have applied and I think the total is around 12 now. Tough choice for the RC administration!!
  13. I would love to see Chris Trusty get a shot! He would do a fantastic job!! I have heard several names bounced around and his name is one of them. I have also heard Zaheri, Matthew Perry, Scott Tackett, Alan Hatcher. Another source tells me Somerset Coach Shawn Thacker might be interested as well as Greg Coldiron.
  14. I am hearing interviews will be completed early this week. Not sure when a coach will be named, but I would think this week at some point.
  15. Not saying they will interview all applicants, but I have it on pretty good authority that there will be interviews held next week. The original intent of my post was to let everyone know that Russell has not hired a coach yet. It is my hope that Merle gets the job, but let's not get the cart before the horse.
  16. Do you know who the new AD will be Coach??
  17. Maddy is wrong. I know of at least 2 applicants who are not "in house."
  18. Was an assistant under Euton when the Lady Royals went to the state tourney a couple years back. He is related to the Faulkner girls who transfered to RH from Russell.
  19. I happen to know for a FACT that Russell has not even held interviews for their boys Head Coach position. Your "news" is inaccurate.
  20. Absolutely!!! A shot clock would make the game soooo much more exciting, try it on a test basis for one year and see what everybody thinks!! I almost would guarantee that everyone would want it back. Well, almost everyone anyway!!!
  21. Will you change you coat color again? Maybe a "Wimp Sanderson" plaid?:sssh:
  22. You support a team for 48 years and then just drop them like a hot potato when things go south???? Can't say that I understand or agree with your reasons, but they are yours and I will respect that. Just hope if Dodd gets the job at Greenup, your skin thickens a bit!!
  23. I am very confused. Since I have been a member on BGP, Duck has been a staunch Russell supporter. Now Duck is touting the Musketeer program. Duck, do you support a certain school, a certain coach, a certain program? Just what is it that you rah rah for?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.