Everything posted by Astro Domino
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 2A Rankings 9/4
So am I reading these comments right? Beechwood has a free pass to the semifinals but only 2 of the other 3 (LCA, OC, and Mayfield) can make it? I forget how it works every year rinse RPI has come into effect.
-
Cantrall's "Rating the State" 9/3
That’s kinda what I was thinking too.
-
Cantrall's "Rating the State" 9/3
Am I blind or is FD not in the top 25?
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 4)
-
Does a Owensboro Catholic win over Owensboro put Class 2A on notice?
In my eyes OCath has done nothing but wow everyone and prove themselves more and more since week 1. They are a great team no doubt. Probably the 2nd most impressive team in 2A thus far. I would still say that LCA is the most talented team in 2A by a margin. Then it’s Mayfield, then Beechwood then OCath. I say that on the presence of talent alone. Now how each team coaches and game plans and uses the talent they have from here on out is up to the programs. ANY of the top 4 can beat the other on any given night at this point and I don’t think that changes up until the final four regardless of any outcomes of games from here until Thanksgiving.
-
Paducah Tilghman 35 Mayfield 28
100% agree. In years past it almost seems as if after they lose to Mayfield they just don’t care as much or take weeks off. Last year for example, they did play two good teams after they played Mayfield but I feel like those games should’ve been closer than they were and then they lost to Hoptown which definitely should not have happened. Then when they got to the playoffs and their backs were against the wall they turned it back on and went toe to toe with the eventual undefeated state champion CAL that won all their other 14 games by 35 or more. I guess what I’m trying to say in this very unnecessary long winded post is that I hope they keep their eyes on the prize every game from here on out and realize how good they can be and make it a reality. They got the Mayfield monkey off their back, now go show the rest of the state how good you really are. Will it be extremely tough to knock off Boyle and Corbin and CovCath? Sure. But if they play to their ability and stay disciplined it can definitely be done! Great win tonight! The better team won. I root for Tilghman every game except once a year haha but that games over with. Now go get em and make West KY proud.
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
Welcome to the Martels Carter show. Mayfield has no answer for that kid.
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
Mayfield WRs can’t catch a cold right now.
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
I will say this is the most hyped up Mayfield-PT game that I can ever remember. And yes social media definitely has a lot to do with it but man this should be a fun game tonight!
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
Name one kid on Mayfield that will touch the ball tonight that isn’t from the Mayfield city limits. And no Xavier Biggers has not been in high school for 5 years. And no he is not FROM Murray. Born in Mayfield, lived here for years then his mother moved to Murray. Sorry, try again. His granddad excelled at football for Mayfield. His Father excelled at football for Mayfield. His uncle played football for Mayfield. His mother was a cheerleader at Mayfield. His grandmother was a cheerleader at Mayfield. And now HE excels on the football field for Mayfield. Mayfield football blood runs deep. And I honestly can’t believe you brought up Graves County considering all the kids that used to go to McCracken that will be on the field for Paducah tonight. Good try though. I guess the Graves County kids have been beating Paducah for 17 years straight?! Get outta here!
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
I think Bowling Green, Paducah, Owensboro, Madisonville and Hopkinsville were all pretty good back then and we played most of them year in and year out.
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
The way I understand it is that until 1975 there were only 3 classes in Kentucky football. 3A was all Louisville schools. 1A was all the tiny schools. And then you had Mayfield in 2A with all the remaining schools in the state. I would venture to say that Mayfield was definitely one of, if not the smallest 2A school in the state back then so it was definitely an uphill battle. Once they went to 4 classes in 1975 it evened things out a bit and that's when you start to see the success that Mayfield has had since. They have been to 25 state title games in the 47 years since 1976.
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
Oh yeah a school with 500 kids should be scheduling and beating schools with 2,000 kids every year. Makes sense. Mayfield has always played up. You will never see them schedule a school in their class or below it. And yet they still have the third most wins all time nationally. Pretty impressive no matter how you try to discredit it.
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
I would put Curtis Pulley up there. Hunter Cantwell and Travis Atwell were a couple other really good ones too
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
I agree. Graves ran it down Mayfields throat. Their line whipped up on Mayfield on both sides of the ball. I think if Paducah wins this game that is where it is won. I just think Mayfields #5 receiver would be Paducahs #3 receiver, but I could be wrong. That’s why they play the game on Friday. Nothing I say really means anything when it comes to kickoff tomorrow. I do think that Mayfield should line Starks up at D End as much as they can. I think in a game against a passing team such as PT or LCA he makes just as much of a difference rushing the QB as he does running the ball on offense.
-
Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates
I think Mayfield would love it if PT used Carter to try to take Biggers out of the game because regardless of what has been said on here, if you take them two off the field Mayfields skill guys are deeper and better than the rest of Paducahs and I don’t really think it’s even that close. If Paducah wins this game it will be in the trenches. If Paducah went with a run the ball down your throat game plan then I think they would win this game but they’re too caught up in the passing game and putting the game in James hands to ever do that.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 4A Football Rankings 8/28
I will say this on Paducah Tilghman’s behalf. Last year CAL beat every opponent they faced by at least 35 points including LCA, except for Tilghman which they beat by only 6 points. The very next game after Tilghman, CAL beat Ashland 50-7. Tilghman is exponentially better this year than they were last year. With that being said, I understand all that was last year and that they were in 3A. I also understand that other teams are possibly better this year, including Ashland and anything can happen in one single game. But I, myself, just find that to be interesting information.
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 3)