Everything posted by TimeWillTell
-
7-On-7: 2026 Edition
I was told it was Ocath vs Apollo Highlands vs Battle Ground Highlands defeated OCath in a very tight game.
-
Is it time for Kentucky to revisit restrictions on June Football?
I’m looking at it from both sports. Yes Kentucky High School Football was ahead of the curve. Now it’s not. We have to look and see why every other neighboring state are leading the way. Yes our once proud “basketball” state is not as good as traditional old football states like Texas and Alabama. Just naming a few. Even Geno, one of the best college basketball coaches, has said we play too many games in America and if we don’t get back to practicing, then we are going to be behind European countries. If you look at the Dream Team blowing out everyone to even early 2000s where our NBA stars lost to Lithouiania and Spain. To even now where we need Steph Curry to sink a game winning shot. We are losing our skill set. Just like soccer our soccer in the US is terrible compared to Europe.
-
Is it time for Kentucky to revisit restrictions on June Football?
This is why Kentucky high school football is terrible compared to other states. At one time we passed Tennessee High School football. Now they are better. It’s not like UK and UL basketball are beating down Kentucky High Schools to find basketball recruits. These kids play WAY WAY too many games and not enough practice. Our skills are terrible in basketball and travel teams are a cause of it. If someone says “that’s the only way to get recruited” they are clueless because UK and UL ain’t offering their kids. Maybe 2 guys from Kentucky from each school. It’s pitiful
-
Board Drills - (NFHS/SMAC) and Commissioner Tackett recommend elimination
If there's a mandate from the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) and the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee (SMAC) why do the Kentucky coaches have to stand up? Don't you think coaches in other states have to stand up?
-
2026 Owensboro Red Devils
We got a lot of work to do on our lines. The transfer from Harrison will be fine but we need linemen.
-
2026 Owensboro Catholic Aces
First, I’m not a Catholic fan, I respect their program for many years. I was just saying alot of people had them out again BG. Are they up against a mountain week 1? Yes. Can they win? Yeah. Will they have to have some things go their way? Yes. That’s it. If Catholic loses to Boyle Co.. So what? If they lose to Owensboro…So what?If they lose to Apollo or DC or Meade Co. or Bardstown or Etown? Then yes that’s a problem and will kill RPI which might put them on the road in 3rd round.
-
What are your Week 1 suggestions for our 2026 BGP Pick 5 Contest?
Boyle vs Owensboro Catholic at WKU Apollo at Murray Daviess Co at Logan Co. St X. at Owensboro
-
2026 Owensboro Catholic Aces
Time Will Tell?♂️
-
Which football programs made the best new hires for head coach this year?
This is probably the answer then I would say Mercer then Christian Co.
-
2026 Owensboro Catholic Aces
I think Catholic will be one of the best teams. They will go 9-1 but like I said early. What if they beat Boyle??
-
2026 Owensboro Catholic Aces
A lot of however’s. I can see them 9-1, but what if they beat Boyle Co? How many thought they were beating Bowling Green last year?
-
2026 Apollo Eagles
I’m more worried about our Offensive line and replacing a Mr Football RB. We have a good RB but not a MR Football type. Our games vs St X and CAL could be a challenge. Owensboro Catholic is not a guaranteed win. we don’t win a lot at Steele Stadium. I think Apollo in the trenches are better than they were last year. I can see 6-4,7-3 ceiling 8-2.
-
2026 Apollo Eagles
Eagles this year will go 7-3 maybe 8-2. I've stuck with this all off-season and sticking to it. The key games for me with the Eagles is the first game against Murray on the road. IF they go to Murray and win they will beat HH and maybe Catholic. The next two games after Catholic in Muhlenberg and Hancock should be wins. Going into the Owensboro 5-0 would be a great job for Apollo. Can it happen? Maybe. The question for Eagle fans is will it happen. Has the needle gone in the right direction yes, but with some teams like Murray, HH, Catholic and even us Devils are going to at least be down compared to last years efforts. Murray will be down compared to last year. HH will take a drop losing 20 seniors that all started. Catholic losing most of their defense will be in question, however, I think their offense will have enough firepower to win those big games. Owensboro, we will be good, but we have some line issues to fix. Again, Eagles will go 7-3, MAYBE 8-2. The Graves game on the road will be for #2 and that won't be easy for the Apollo Eagles.
-
2026 Apollo Eagles
Looks like Max Johnson committed to Austin Peay.
-
Kentucky High School Football's "Games of the Century"
I was in college at WKU, but went to the Owensboro Catholic vs Ft Campbell in 2005. Ft Campbell had Mr Football. Owensboro Catholic had a solid team. Owensboro Catholic won 28-25. Neil Holland ran back a punt with 50 seconds on the clock.
-
3rd Region Baseball Tournament
The Eagles are in the FINAL 4 now!! They play the Shamrocks of Louisville Trinity.
-
2026 Graves County Eagles
Really good team that I’m glad we are playing at Rash Stadium this year.
-
3rd Region Baseball Tournament
The Apollo Eagles punch their ticket to the ELITE 8 of the KHSAA State Tournament.
-
2026 Glasgow Scotties
We agree that Glasgow plays nobody. I said there’s a 2-A team in Owensboro that gets rated high on the RPI that has not played the competition that the RPI gives them. The RPI rewards them for beating average to below average teams. Ok they did beat a 7-3 Greenwood in 2023, but they beat them in 2024 Greenwood team that was 5-6. I screwed up about the 2023 Greenwood team but I like how you slid a 6-7 BG team in there making it like they had Duece Bailey. They don’t beat a Deuce Bailey team. Again, they haven’t played teams other than Owensboro this year who won a state title the last three years. They got killed by Owensboro. Sure they beat Owensboro in 2022-2024. It’s happened before Catholic beat Owensboro several years in a row before. This year they play Boyle. Highly favored team to win 4-A and maybe our Devils in 5-A. We will have to see what happens, but I don’t see them beating either team this year.
-
2026 Glasgow Scotties
They lost twice to Union Co those years They beat a 6-7 BG team They beat Henderson twice but Henderson had losing records 5-7 and 4-7. They beat two Greenwood teams that had losing records They beat Apollo who was .500 The only impressive win vs Owensboro was in 2023. Owensboro almost beat FD that year. The other years I’ll give, but last year they got beat badly by Owensboro and Catholic TDs were junk TDs. Just don’t see the quality wins. They beat Boyle Co this year and Boyle Co wins 4-A then I will go on record and say that was a quality win.
-
2026 Glasgow Scotties
There’s a 2-A team in Owensboro that doesn’t play anyone, but they get the #1 RPI for the last 3 years.
-
2026 Glasgow Scotties
What's going on with Glasgow? If you go 10-0 and are 6th in the RPI it sounds like the RPI is flawed. I've seen 10-0 teams get lots of credit for beating a district team that was winless.
-
3rd Region Baseball Tournament
Yes but they had SO MUCH talent. They have underachieved the last couple years.
-
3rd Region Baseball Tournament
Before the tournament I would have guaranteed Owensboro Catholic wins. They were ranked ALL SEASON in the Top 10 of the PBR POLL. How did they lose with all that talent?
-
2026 Marquee Match-ups
Same can be said about rankings.