Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Apollo Eagles

Featured Replies

Apollo enters the 2026 season after graduating a veteran senior class that made significant contributions to the program’s recent success. The Eagles move on from JT Edge, Emadjai Badger, Caiden Tutt, Anthony Hester, Brandon Griffith, Landen Bratcher, Chase Coomes, and Rod Dillard, leaving key experience to replace on both sides of the ball, particularly on defense. The departures present challenges, but also create opportunities for emerging players to assume expanded roles.

Offensively, Apollo returns a strong core led by quarterback Max Johnson, who provides continuity and leadership at the position. The Eagles also bring back four returning offensive line starters, giving the unit valuable experience and stability up front. That continuity along the line of scrimmage is expected to support both the run and passing game and allow the offense to progress early in the season.

The skill positions feature several returning contributors. Ross Milburn and Brayden Mattingly return in the backfield, while Eli Williams, Gabe Jones, Kaine Green, Jayden Beavin, Brody Griffith and Brooks Rice provide depth were the two sophmores who started for Apollo last season. This group benefits from the experience at quarterback and along the offensive line and will be relied upon for consistent production and a very good front 7 returning. The keys on defense will be how they build their secondary. 

Additional depth may be added later in the summer, as Ty Lilipop and Gunnar Hendrix are expected to join the program following the conclusion of the baseball season, with availability projected for July. With an experienced offensive foundation and continued development on defense, Apollo looks to remain competitive throughout the 2026 season while building toward the future.

The Eagles will need to develop some depth with the early part of their schedule: Murray, Heritage Hills (Indiana), and Owensboro Catholic. They later play their district games Graves, Owensboro and Madisonville and end with Daviess County. The key to everything will be Max Johnson and can Apollo develop a secondary on defense. 

Look for the Eagles to move a up again, but not much. 7-5 maybe.

  • Author

@OL1187 I would say Murray is their other loss. Looking the schedule. They play: 

Murray Away, Heritage Hills Home, OCath Home, Hancock County Home, Muhlenberg County Away, Owensboro Away, Graves Co Away, Madisonville Home, Marshall Co Home, Daviess Co Away. 

I said 7-5 but 8 wins is not out of the question. If Catholic comes into the game banged up after the Boyle Co. game they could win that. 7-5 is my prediction. 

Edited by theguru

19 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

@OL1187 I would say Murray is their other loss. Looking the schedule. They play: 

Murray Away, Heritage Hills Home, OCath Home, Hancock County Home, Muhlenberg County Away, Owensboro Away, Graves Co Away, Madisonville Home, Marshall Co Home, Daviess Co Away. 

I said 7-5 but 8 wins is not out of the question. If Catholic comes into the game banged up after the Boyle Co. game they could win that. 7-5 is my prediction. 

I can see a path for 7-8 wins as well, offensively they should be explosive but they need some sort of running game this year. Behind what I think could be the best offensive line in the city next year they have the talent at skill to continue to put up points on anyone. My biggest concern will be their defense, if they can get stops then they surely will be an interesting team to keep an eye on. District game vs graves is away this year, that would be one to watch.

  • Author
4 minutes ago, OL1187 said:

I can see a path for 7-8 wins as well, offensively they should be explosive but they need some sort of running game this year. Behind what I think could be the best offensive line in the city next year they have the talent at skill to continue to put up points on anyone. My biggest concern will be their defense, if they can get stops then they surely will be an interesting team to keep an eye on. District game vs graves is away this year, that would be one to watch.

I can see that too. You might ask @ApolloFan98 or @jester270. They are your Apollo homers. I agree with you if they get stops they will be fine. They lost their secondary but that was really it from what I see in the preview above. I would use the Murray game as the test to see how they play this year. It's on the road. If they go down there and get blasted then they won't do well. If they go down and get a win then it's a team to watch. I think that's a fair assessment. 

6 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

I can see that too. You might ask @ApolloFan98 or @jester270. They are your Apollo homers. I agree with you if they get stops they will be fine. They lost their secondary but that was really it from what I see in the preview above. I would use the Murray game as the test to see how they play this year. It's on the road. If they go down there and get blasted then they won't do well. If they go down and get a win then it's a team to watch. I think that's a fair assessment. 

Murray will be tough. I believe they lose some key guys, but man.... They are always always BIG and FAST. Plus, that is a long trip to start the year. With all of that being said, I think Apollo played well against Murray last year. Take a way a few mistakes and they are right there in it. Also, I have heard that they will be playing at a neutral site (Murray State) but I do not have a confirmation yet. 

6 hours ago, OL1187 said:

I can see a path for 7-8 wins as well, offensively they should be explosive but they need some sort of running game this year. Behind what I think could be the best offensive line in the city next year they have the talent at skill to continue to put up points on anyone. My biggest concern will be their defense, if they can get stops then they surely will be an interesting team to keep an eye on. District game vs graves is away this year, that would be one to watch.

I agree. If Apollo establishes a strong run game, then they will be a team that will be tough to stop. They will have a lot of returners on their D-Line (their main two DEs were sophomores last year). If they can get more depth at those spots, their defense will be tremendously improved. 

  • Author

@jester270 does losing the Griffith kid hurt Apollo? I'm thinking no but losing a kid that started all year for them at LB I say yes. I know they have Milburn and Mattingly back at the other LBs but does this hurt Apollo? 

I think Apollo will definitely give us a run for our money. Not sure they will beat us, but definitely closer. We might see them again in the playoffs. I predicting it now. 

What are your thoughts @jester270? 

 

17 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

@jester270 does losing the Griffith kid hurt Apollo? I'm thinking no but losing a kid that started all year for them at LB I say yes. I know they have Milburn and Mattingly back at the other LBs but does this hurt Apollo? 

I think Apollo will definitely give us a run for our money. Not sure they will beat us, but definitely closer. We might see them again in the playoffs. I predicting it now. 

What are your thoughts @jester270? 

 

I do not think this will be a big loss for the Eagles. They will have some depth returning there, believe it or not. Plus, Apollo will have baseball standout Gunnar Hendrix who is an OHS transfer. That would be a huge addition. But, Apollo baseball has traditionally discouraged their athletes from playing other sports so we will see!

  • Author
18 hours ago, jester270 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.9d2487ff4e0cf1933ae63404108437ae.jpeg

I'm going to stick with my ceiling of 8 wins and my floor of 5 wins. Last year Murray, Heritage Hills, Owensboro Catholic, and Owensboro all went to state. The only team that blew them out was Heritage Hills at Heritage Hills. Owensboro game was close until sometime after half. If the injury bug gets Apollo this year it will be 4-5 wins. If not I think 7 wins are attainable. Alot of If's but if they get those baseball players out like I have heard then 7 wins can be reached. 

On 4/17/2026 at 8:46 AM, TimeWillTell said:

I'm going to stick with my ceiling of 8 wins and my floor of 5 wins. Last year Murray, Heritage Hills, Owensboro Catholic, and Owensboro all went to state. The only team that blew them out was Heritage Hills at Heritage Hills. Owensboro game was close until sometime after half. If the injury bug gets Apollo this year it will be 4-5 wins. If not I think 7 wins are attainable. Alot of If's but if they get those baseball players out like I have heard then 7 wins can be reached. 

They have an opportunity to go 5-0, IMO. Murray on the road is always tough, but that game could set the tone for their first half of the season for sure. 

3 hours ago, jester270 said:

They have an opportunity to go 5-0, IMO. Murray on the road is always tough, but that game could set the tone for their first half of the season for sure. 

5-0 in their first five games??  

  • Author
21 hours ago, FB Head said:

5-0 in their first five games??  

I'm a devil fan but I really can see them 5-0. Now after they play us it's 5-1 ?. If they go to Murray and win they will go 5-0. If not I can see them 4-1 or even 3-2 or 2-3 again. Saying they can't go 5-0 when Murray, Heritage Hills and Owensboro Catholic are nowhere near what they had last year. All 3 went to state. 

I don't see them beating the Red Devils and that's all I care about. 

22 hours ago, FB Head said:

5-0 in their first five games??  

As their ceiling barring no injuries, yes.

For their floor I have them 3-2 for the first 5 games.

What are your thoughts? 

  • Author
32 minutes ago, jester270 said:

As their ceiling barring no injuries, yes.

For their floor I have them 3-2 for the first 5 games.

What are your thoughts? 

If they have some injuries then I can see 2-3, but I don't care I'm a devil fan. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.