Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Apollo Eagles

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

If they have some injuries then I can see 2-3, but I don't care I'm a devil fan. 

If they can make a statement win week 1 at Murray, then they will have a lot of momentum playing Heritage Hills (who lost all of their production) the following week!

  • Author
18 hours ago, jester270 said:

If they can make a statement win week 1 at Murray, then they will have a lot of momentum playing Heritage Hills (who lost all of their production) the following week!

I can see that. Apollo has moved the needle so to speak. It has taken awhile but the program is in better shape since Dan Gooch. That was the pinnacle of Apollo in the late 90's and early 2000's. 

22 hours ago, jester270 said:

As their ceiling barring no injuries, yes.

For their floor I have them 3-2 for the first 5 games.

What are your thoughts? 

Game 4&5 should be a win.  I’m not familiar with Heritage Hills so I can’t speak for them.  OCath does lose much production but I’ve heard they are very excited about their soph class so I expect them to be tough this coming year.  Murray OL is all back with the addition of Alex 6’3, 305 lb Soph. who is all ready in school, they will be better than last year.  Their Defense will also be better as they return 9 starters.   Game 1 will be really good IMO. 
 

Is it August yet??? 

Transfers Between High Schools Policy

BGP is not a clearinghouse or platform for speculation, rumors, or discussion of potential or anticipated student-athlete transfers.

The use of the terms “transfer portal” or “portal” to describe high school student-athletes is prohibited in all high school forums.

Only confirmed transfers may be discussed, and discussion must be strictly limited to factual reporting of the move (i.e., the student-athlete has transferred from School A to School B).

Permitted content is limited to basic factual information such as the athlete’s name, sport/position, and the schools involved.

The following are strictly prohibited:

  • Any speculation, inference, or commentary regarding the reasons for a transfer.
  • Any discussion, suggestion, or implication of recruiting, inducement, eligibility issues, or rule violations in connection with a transfer.
  • Generalized commentary about schools, coaches, programs, or communities engaging in recruiting behavior based on transfer activity.
  • Attempts to indirectly question or interpret motives behind a transfer.

No discussion of transfers is permitted unless the transfer has already been officially completed and publicly confirmed. Even in those cases, discussion must remain strictly factual and non-interpretive.

This forum is not the venue for reporting or debating KHSAA violations. If you believe a violation has occurred, report it directly to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA).

No false, unverified, or misleading information may be posted.

  • Author

Looks like Max Johnson committed to Austin Peay. 

On 4/21/2026 at 1:43 PM, TimeWillTell said:

I'm a devil fan but I really can see them 5-0. Now after they play us it's 5-1 ?. If they go to Murray and win they will go 5-0. If not I can see them 4-1 or even 3-2 or 2-3 again. Saying they can't go 5-0 when Murray, Heritage Hills and Owensboro Catholic are nowhere near what they had last year. All 3 went to state. 

I don't see them beating the Red Devils and that's all I care about. 

HH didn’t go to state last year.  They lost to eventual runner-up Roncalli in the semi-state.  Regardless, your point is well received in the fact that HH lost quite a lot from last years team & with the game being at home, Apollo has a fighting chance to win that game this year.

Edited by theguru

  • Author
On 6/15/2026 at 5:24 PM, Unrivaled97 said:

HH didn’t go to state last year.  They lost to eventual runner-up Roncalli in the semi-state.  Regardless, your point is well received in the fact that HH lost quite a lot from last years team & with the game being at home, Apollo has a fighting chance to win that game this year.

Eagles this year will go 7-3 maybe 8-2. I've stuck with this all off-season and sticking to it. The key games for me with the Eagles is the first game against Murray on the road. IF they go to Murray and win they will beat HH and maybe Catholic. The next two games after Catholic in Muhlenberg and Hancock should be wins. Going into the Owensboro 5-0 would be a great job for Apollo. Can it happen? Maybe. The question for Eagle fans is will it happen. Has the needle gone in the right direction yes, but with some teams like Murray, HH, Catholic and even us Devils are going to at least be down compared to last years efforts. Murray will be down compared to last year. HH will take a drop losing 20 seniors that all started. Catholic losing most of their defense will be in question, however, I think their offense will have enough firepower to win those big games. Owensboro, we will be good, but we have some line issues to fix. 

Again, Eagles will go 7-3, MAYBE 8-2. The Graves game on the road will be for #2 and that won't be easy for the Apollo Eagles. 

Edited by TimeWillTell

On 6/19/2026 at 7:59 AM, TimeWillTell said:

Eagles this year will go 7-3 maybe 8-2. I've stuck with this all off-season and sticking to it. The key games for me with the Eagles is the first game against Murray on the road. IF they go to Murray and win they will beat HH and maybe Catholic. The next two games after Catholic in Muhlenberg and Hancock should be wins. Going into the Owensboro 5-0 would be a great job for Apollo. Can it happen? Maybe. The question for Eagle fans is will it happen. Has the needle gone in the right direction yes, but with some teams like Murray, HH, Catholic and even us Devils are going to at least be down compared to last years efforts. Murray will be down compared to last year. HH will take a drop losing 20 seniors that all started. Catholic losing most of their defense will be in question, however, I think their offense will have enough firepower to win those big games. Owensboro, we will be good, but we have some line issues to fix. 

Again, Eagles will go 7-3, MAYBE 8-2. The Graves game on the road will be for #2 and that won't be easy for the Apollo Eagles. 

What has Apollo gained that brings this thought process? I would like to believe Apollo can make noise but they’ve struggled with consistency for years. What’s change this season that make you believe they have 8-2 potential? It could be argued that Apollo has more to replace than most teams in the district besides MNHS. 

I don’t see a 8-2, 7-3 record.  O’boro, Graves, MNHS will be tough in district. Not sure where you heard Murray will be down.  They return 9 Off and 8 Def starters. O’Cath prob won’t be as good but is still going to be a tough game.  
 

I see them, maybe, winning one of the games I mentioned but no more than that.  

  • Author
14 hours ago, FB Head said:

I don’t see a 8-2, 7-3 record.  O’boro, Graves, MNHS will be tough in district. Not sure where you heard Murray will be down.  They return 9 Off and 8 Def starters. O’Cath prob won’t be as good but is still going to be a tough game.  
 

I see them, maybe, winning one of the games I mentioned but no more than that.  

I’m more worried about our Offensive line and replacing a Mr Football RB. We have a good RB but not a MR Football type. Our games vs St X and CAL could be a challenge. Owensboro Catholic is not a guaranteed win.  we don’t win a lot at Steele Stadium. 
 

I think Apollo in the trenches are better than they were last year. I can see 6-4,7-3 ceiling 8-2. 

Edited by TimeWillTell

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.