Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woody Hayes

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Woody Hayes

  1. I would suspect from what I heard that this is a case where the family thinks he will get more college exposure on the recruiting trail by playing in Ohio but you are right, there is a tremendous amount of College Exposure with the program at the moment between Merz, Lorenzon, the Benke Boys and several others. I just saw that the Benke's pulled in their second D1 offer from EKU and I would expect this trend continues. The Birds are loaded with D1 talent and the connections on the college circuit run deep so I would imagine there will be a lot of College Coaches visiting Fort Thomas on Friday Nights for the foreseeable future. I read somewhere that he did pull his first offer from Glenville State so hopefully everything works out for the young man.
  2. Well deserved and the first of what will be many!
  3. In addition to Sturdevant and Kremer, look for Jimmy Cox to work his way into the rotation at Linebacker and be a solid contributor on special teams.
  4. These were also slow to develop but the net result worked out well! I guess we should get used to it for the next 2 seasons!
  5. I hear quite the contrary. The numbers overall are way up and there is tremendous buy in from all grades. Everyone program and every sport will have a couple kids that have one issue or another with a coach and there is typically an underlying reason as to why (playing time, recruitment, lack of recruitment, etc). The Birds are completely loaded and it’s going to be a fun next few years!
  6. That’s an impressive club of kids clocking in at over 20 MPH. What even more impressive is there are 3-4 others that will be there once they are done rehabbing injuries!
  7. I will say this. I watched #33 play for several years and he is a damn good football player. Definitely glad we won't see him on the opposing sidelines anymore and really hate when any kid gets mistreated.
  8. It has been a great year for the BIRDS. Really happy for this team and what they have accomplished. I just hope they keep it close. The Jags are really loaded!
  9. The Freshman Bluebirds look bigger, faster, and stronger. I can’t speak for the former 7th grade coaches but I would imagine they would have loved to have Kolt Kremer! Kid has been an absolute workhorse on both sides of the ball.1
  10. I see now. The Highlands defensive scheme was not to set the edge. I understand now.
  11. The scheme gave up 17 points against the top rated offense in the state but I understand some people are just “glass empty” people!
  12. ?, The Defense gave up 24 points to one of the best offenses in the state and one of them was an opening Kick Off return. Good point!
  13. The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary. I am taking the Birds with a big win tonight and then the Lamb Lollipops ? postgame at Marbl!
  14. So, anyone doing anything tonight?
  15. Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, with good health, good times, and safe travels this Holiday Weekend. There is much to be thankful for and I personally am thankful for America, Dry Aged Beef, Warm Apple Pie, Bob Sphire, and the Highlands Bluebirds! Go Birds!
  16. There's nothing in this world that comes easy. There are a lot of people who aren't going to bother to win. We learn in Football to get up and go and Friday Night will be an absolute treat to experience. I am going with the Birds in a hard fought battle and then a 45 Day Dry-Aged Bone in Ribeye and Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee to close out the evening!
  17. Football represents and embodies everything that's great about this country, because the United States of America is built on winners, not losers. Go Birds! Woody
  18. The only thing even in this world is the number of hours in a day. The difference in winning and losing is what you do with those hours and my Birds are putting in the work. Friday night was a masterpiece @ DCM and the Pan Seared Branzino @ MARBL was spectacular. I am seeing a Birds win this Friday and perhaps a little Truffle Mushroom Chicken post game.
  19. Oh @MaddenCurse44, how you love to stir the pot! @Fan of Karenand I were discussing you at MARBL last night. We know it is tough to be a Pioneer this time of year and you are always welcome on our BUS!
  20. Thanks @Runcible Owlfor opening that wound. ?
  21. It should be an absolute Nail Biter. Dixie is definitely the best 5-6 team in the State. I just hope the Birds survive this one healthy. I think Dixie had one player register 47 tackles in the first game against Highlands and 12 of those were for a loss!
  22. I just don't know. I have seen Dixie's stats that they post. Some of their players have more tackles than plays in a game! They are much better than their losing record suggests.
  23. I really have to say that I am a nervous wreck about this one and could not even finish my desert at MARBL last night! The Dixie Colonels are on a mission to ruin my beautiful Bluebird Season. It does not seem fair that we earn the 1 seed and that our reward is to face the District 6 Coach of the Year and those feisty Colonels! Our waiter was a former DC Colonel class of '96 and was boasting about the Dixie Colonel statistical dominance this season. I really had no clue how dominant Dixie has been this season and I hope that our Birds can escape Friday night with the win. I could not finish my Doppio Espresso and will be a nervous wreck all week!
  24. Well said. Truer words cannot be spoken and that is really all that matters at the end of the day. The Dixie Parents may not agree but you are speaking the truth. It can't always be about winning.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.