Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 KFCA District Players and Coaches of the Year Winners

Featured Replies

This was emailed out to coaches on Tuesday.

 

I cleaned it up and combined it into one page.

image (5).jpg

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • FirstTimeLongTime
    FirstTimeLongTime

    Swept district last year and this year. Should have won both seasons. This season a 4-6 3rd place head coach won. 

  • In order for coaches to win this award they must be members of the KFCA and pay the $200 membership fee. Atherton is not a member of the KFCA, therefore not eligible to win Coach of the Year. I am sur

  • FirstTimeLongTime
    FirstTimeLongTime

    Bob Sphire snubbed again!

Posted Images

Always interesting to see how these things turn out.

I am SHOCKED that Atherton's HC didn't win. 

7 minutes ago, BlueRaider said:

I am SHOCKED that Atherton's HC didn't win. 

Must have ruffled some feathers along the way. 

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Bob Sphire snubbed again!

Snubbed?? You can’t be serious.  This is the first time he should have been considered 

Just now, Hydration-coach83 said:

Snubbed?? You can’t be serious.  This is the first time he should have been considered 

Swept district last year and this year. Should have won both seasons. This season a 4-6 3rd place head coach won. 

Logan Verax?

Leads 6A in passing yards, completions, 2nd in completion % vs one of the toughest schedules in KY. 

Should have been a no brainer! 

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Swept district last year and this year. Should have won both seasons. This season a 4-6 3rd place head coach won. 

This isn't about last year. However, if the stars align the right way these 3rd and 1st place coaches can sort it out next week. 

9 minutes ago, Finkle Ray said:

This isn't about last year. However, if the stars align the right way these 3rd and 1st place coaches can sort it out next week. 

Never said it was about last year. Someone mentioned he shouldn't have been considered until this season and I disagree. I feel like he was snubbed this year. I think that is a likely scenario in round 2 although both teams have solid opponents this week. I assume the voters have some issues with Coach Sphire. 

23 minutes ago, footballfan21212 said:

Logan Verax?

Leads 6A in passing yards, completions, 2nd in completion % vs one of the toughest schedules in KY. 

Should have been a no brainer! 

Aba Selm is the man!

In order for coaches to win this award they must be members of the KFCA and pay the $200 membership fee. Atherton is not a member of the KFCA, therefore not eligible to win Coach of the Year. I am sure that is the case with a few different coaches who deserved the award but did not win. Hope this makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Aba Selm is the man!

A lot of deserving players didn't get selected. I actually agree with Aba being chosen. He wasn't just a role player. Kid played both ways and every game and was a force. While other players were good on one side of the ball or the other. 

22 minutes ago, OneAndOnly said:

In order for coaches to win this award they must be members of the KFCA and pay the $200 membership fee. Atherton is not a member of the KFCA, therefore not eligible to win Coach of the Year. I am sure that is the case with a few different coaches who deserved the award but did not win. Hope this makes sense. 

I assume they are not able to vote either if they don't pay the fee?

7 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

I assume they are not able to vote either if they don't pay the fee?

From my understanding, and I could be wrong, they can vote, just cannot win. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.