Everything posted by El Diablo
-
Simon Kenton vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates
Refs helping SK a TON. Before halftime TD pass bounced off the ground. On Crones big run the TE ms hold stretched out a defender jersey 4 ft for Crone to run down to goal line.
-
Highlands 29 Great Crossing 22 (Frosh)
Yeah. He’s pretty good. Excellent play caller. They also have Brendan Cook as a coach.
-
Simon Kenton vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates
Highlands is one of the oldest blue bloods of Kentucky football. Mayfield and Male are there too. Fort Thomas people return to fort Thomas to raise their kids like sea turtles. Excellence and sacrifice on the football field is the way and has been for generations. We care about it. We don’t want it to slip away and become just another high school football team. I guess someone could create a Highlands only message site if Highlands posts bother people. Actually that would be pretty cool.
-
Simon Kenton vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates
Benke seems like he makes way less mistakes. He’s a big guy that is probably twice as hard to sack. Also he is an athlete that can get 5 yds on a busted play. I think they’re crazy if they don’t go with him. With smaller inexperienced o line you need him in there, it’s not 7 on 7, it’s football.
-
Simon Kenton vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates
SK has their best QB they’ve ever had in his 4th year starting. Highlands is supposedly all clowns, thumbs and left feet…. What an embarrassment it would be if SK didn’t win this formality of a layup, lock win.
-
Simon Kenton vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates
I’m loving all this Highlands is terrible talk. SW was on point and dominated but Highlands helped them a ton. 4 defensive TDs is freak show stuff. I think SW only had to drive the whole field one time and their average starting drive position was the Highlands 30. I really hope this first game of blunders nestles into SK’s brains because the birds will be ticked off. SK doesn’t even have film of what Highlands was trying to do haha. Should be a good game.
-
Simon Kenton vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates
Minds have already been blown. SK isn’t coming in under the radar or anything. I hope SK really buys into running clock type of stuff. Highlands defense only gave up like 21 points in reality.
-
Simon Kenton vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates
Whatever revenge motivation there was from last year has been flipped by this past week. Highlands has immediately become the underdog.
-
South Warren 49 Highlands 14
I will say that might be worst Highlands has ever been dominated by a team that wasn’t GCL or 6A. They looked like they haven’t gone “live” yet this year until this game. I feel bad for the QBs. I’ve never seen drops that bad. WRs I think only caught 1 ball and we’re hit in the hands a lot. OLine play was embarrassing I really felt for them, they looked so unprepared. there was like 2 or 3 pick sixes. And 2 or three fumble recoveries for TDs. So I think at least 28 points on the offense not D. D also didn’t play that great, but half of that score total isn’t on them. Also they got worse field position than you could imagine. I didn’t see Noon onD? Thought that was the whole point to going to WR? Got to find a way to get the ball in noon and Benke hands. They looked like they weren’t into it and had no enthusiasm. Hopefully they can change it around.
-
South Warren vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates (8/20)
I believe so, nothing listed what time zone... I guess just assume local? So broadcast to begin at 5:40 Central?
-
South Warren vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates (8/20)
When I hit the link it says broadcast to begin at 5:40. Not sure if that is game or if it is delayed.
-
South Warren vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates (8/20)
I think the Birds win this one 35-28. The personnel Highlands has on defense should be very hard to pass on. If the birds can gang tackle on the run the Birds should have a nice shot to win this. It will be interesting to see if Hayden Haas can keep calm and just get the ball to the playmakers. From what I'm hearing from people inside the coaching staff he can do that. Should be fun.
-
South Warren vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates (8/20)
Anyone know where I can watch this online?
-
South Warren vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates (8/20)
There are two guys, Bottom and Haas. Bottom was the assumed starter when Noon changed positions and he looked pretty good last year as a sophomore. I think he had some minor injury early in the summer and the Haas kid came in and played really really well. I believe its still up in the air.
-
South Warren vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates (8/20)
Who will be playing QB for the Birds? Or is it a game time decision secret type of deal?
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 1)
-
2022 New Uniforms / Helmets
I liked the 90s Simon Kenton uniforms. It was like Penn State but with reversed blue helmets.
-
South Warren vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates (8/20)
This game feels like a coin flip to me. I feel like it might be very evenly matched. The thing I’m really interested in is seeing Noon playing defense. He might be able to make a big difference on D.
-
South Warren vs. Highlands Predictions/Updates (8/20)
Nice write ups! Excited about this game. Will there be any video of this game online?
-
Covington Catholic at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates (Scrimmage)
That was the next time Highlands and Cov Cath played after the “mud bowl”… and Lorenzen and Smith were seniors. Cov Cath graduated 20 starters I believe from the previous year. Perfect Storm. Also that Simon Kenton team was pretty good. Nevels was one of their best players.
-
Covington Catholic at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates (Scrimmage)
- Cooper at Beechwood Predictions/Updates (Scrimmage)
White helmets for Cooper? I like the old ones.- Covington Catholic at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates (Scrimmage)
In 98 SK beat Cov Cath.- Covington Catholic at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates (Scrimmage)
Dang are both teams playing most of their starters?- Covington Catholic at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates (Scrimmage)
Crone has started since freshman year so he’s going ball this year. - Cooper at Beechwood Predictions/Updates (Scrimmage)