Everything posted by Chaplain
-
Russell @ Ashland Predictions 9/9
So, admittedly I am biased. Will Adkins is my nephew. I also live 1000 miles away in New Orleans so I do not get to go to the games to watch him play but I do listen on-line. I'm also the guy that talked them into letting Will come to the Manning Passing Academy here in Louisiana where he has progressed and been noticed each year for the last 3 years. There is no question here... Will is a natural. He is an intelligent surgeon with an incredibly strong arm who makes great decisions. He rolls through his check-downs with vision and his passes are precise. As a Blazer grad myself I've never seen a more natural looking quarterback in that position for the to cats. Please hear me say, I am taking NOTHING away from Ratliff. The young man is clearly a gifted athlete. There is no question that he should be on the filed during every play (on both sides of the ball in my opinion) He's just not a natural pocket passer. I can't for the life of me understand why both boys aren't on the field at the same time. With Will's arm and Ratliffs speed and toughness, along with the other offensive weapons (including a state ranked track star in Caines) I just feel like Ashland has the talent for strong and decisive wins if all the right prices were in all the right places. But really, what do I know... I'm just a doting uncle who wished LSU would figure out that IT needs a strong natural pocket passer running the offense.
-
Ashland Spring Practice 2016
Ah!!!!! All this talk about my nephew! I love hearing it. Just wish I was around Ashland to be able to see him firsthand. I am looking forward to his family being back down here in the big easy with us during the summer. Go Cats!
-
Last Ashland Frosh game against Raceland...
My dad is in surgery and my brother is teaching... so my connections are out of pocket right now. Ugh! Where is this game and how does Raceland's freshman team look?
-
Ashland 34 Greenup County 6 (JV)
I haven't talked much to his dad about it, but I would just hate to see Will in something other than Maroon and White. However, Ben has taught in LC for a few years now and it certainly would make a lot of sense for Will to head that way... if for no other reason than logistics. I just hope that the coaches see the benefit of having both those boys Will and Ratliff (seems to be a solid and strong athlete) on the field at the same time. I really do see a pretty special offensive attack on its way there on Elm Street in Ashland.
-
Ashland 34 Greenup County 6 (JV)
Hey there, LRCW. Benji was slow. Even when he was the Baseball District MVP in Ashland years ago, It was like watching a slug run the bases. I, on the other hand, can't even be called slow. I barely move at all, then and now. Your molasses analogy is both adequate and accurate.
-
Ashland 34 Greenup County 6 (JV)
Well, let me just say in an overtly biased and extreamly proud way, Will Adkins is my nephew and the kid really is amazing. I'd have to ask his dad (my brother and Lawence County teacher, Ben) but I don't think he's 250. I'm happy to say that he has spent two summers down here near me at the Manning Passing Academy. You will not find a better, more fundamentally-sound, natural pocket QB Freshman anywhere. He's calm, organized, checks down and has a sling of an arm. It helps that he has a couple of big time receivers. In my mind (and of course I'm biased) with the way Ratlif runs (speed) and Canes can catch (KY high jump champ) and Will throws (all three freshman)... Ashland has a tremendous multi-threat offense coming in a year or two.
-
16th region summer
Go Tomcats!!!! Cheering you on from way down the bayou in the big easy!
-
I have a confession to make...
Let me go ahead and say this... IF and that is a HUGE IF, there is no Cheer, this is the single GREATEST gag in the history of pratical jokes!!! I mean it would rank real high!!!! I'm still going for a real Cheer.
-
I have a confession to make...
IF this were correct you guys spend WWAYYYYY too much time doing this. I'm still gonna hold out for a real Cheer. Although If a fella was to make up a name for a "blonde" girly girl on a sports thread, the name "CheernbHappy" would fit very well... :eek: :confused:
-
I have a confession to make...
OK Ru. I'll become a beleiver if you can tell me how you know so much about Jazz and music in general??
-
I have a confession to make...
Someone get a hold of TNVOLS. They are friends I think... That should settle it.
-
I have a confession to make...
Ha Ha Ha. Come on everybody... catch on here. Cheer is real... way too much "Music knowledge" for anyone not living in a music teacher family. She may well be held "post captive" against her will in the deep dark dungeon of Guru's cyber "suspention". She will be back.
-
War protesters ?
:lol: Good one. These people are WACK JOBS!!! I just don't think that they see the big picture. Yesterday, while driving past the protesters down on the French Quarter, I began to think about how these people would feel if at that moment unknown to them was walking in their midst an Small Pox infected member of Alquada (sp?). Once they found out that they were infected, how then would they feel. If it were then made known that Iraq gave these people the ability to "pull it off" what would be their response? Maybe there would be a few TRUE pacifists, but I bet that crowd, for the most part, would change their minds. THAT is what makes me sick. It is like american citizens that burn flags. Yes, they have the right to do it, but for goodness sake, the very thing that the flag symolizes IS their freedom TO burn it. It is much like an ungrateful child. It just makes me ill.
-
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
HUMMMMMM! :eek: Preach on sister! :ylsuper:
-
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
NO!
-
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Understood.
-
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
I will not speak to all of the post here, because I do not intimately know all the details of what is suggested, but I CAN certianly tell you this. This statement... is extreamly offensive to me (I know full well what happened) and WRONG. I was very involved in this situation and I can tell you, A Saint Elsewhere, that this is not an accurate description of what transpired. I will not go into the details for Bill's sake. But if the rest of this post is based on what this phrase is based on, then I would be careful to lend it any credence whatsoever. :argue:
-
Trouble at Rose Hill?
I'm with you on that one, friend.
-
Trouble at Rose Hill?
:confused: What are you talking about? :confused:
-
Trouble at Rose Hill?
Yeah, I know. I was just suggesting that if the school would allow students (that were let go for discipline reasons) to return, they should, as well, allow Bill (becuse his departure was for non-disciplinary reasons) to return, if he desires.
-
Trouble at Rose Hill?
& I'm not sure about the eligibility issue, but I would hope that Rose Hill WOULD consider allowing him back. I know that the school has been VERY forgiving in the past (as it should be) concerning allowing other students re-entry. Remember that RH's end goal is providing a Christian Atmosphere for the benefit of evangelism and discipleship. Not that this is the same issue, but in past cases where the school has had to let children go because of disciplinary purposes, they have always had an open-door policy for the possibility of re-admission if, a suitable change in behavior has been sufficiently exhibited. I think that is the best policy. I hope that the same opprotunities would be afforded Bill as well even with the unique differences.
-
Trouble at Rose Hill?
Truthfinder, What a very questionable name for someone that didn't find out the whole truth before he opend a big'ol can of worms. For a simple answer to your question. Yes, I am VERY aware of the acceptance policies of Rose Hill... VERY aware. For a more indepth answer, see the other posts since your last. And yes, there have been and will continue to be "special needs" children at Rose Hill, if the needs aren't so grave that a student/teacher ratio of 1-1 would not be required. (As a small private school, RH does not have the funds, like a public school, for proper support of extensive disabilities) By the way, before I taught Bible at Rose Hill, I worked for 3 years with Functionaly, Mentally, Disabled children in the Ashland School system. Words are like toothpaste, be very careful when you squeeze, cause once they are out, you can't do a thing to put them back. And a big glob of toothpaste on your shirt, out there for everyone to see, can be quite embarrassing.
-
Trouble at Rose Hill?
Thank you LRCW. Rexinsco must NOT know all the circumstances. That issue is not public business anyway.
-
Trouble at Rose Hill?
Yeah, I should have been more clear. Personal desisions HAVE had consequences on whether or not a child is accepted/rejected or even expelled. But those desisions will not, on the whole, prohibit the end goal of teaching ALL students. Thanks for the clarification.
-
Trouble at Rose Hill?
It is possible that I am missing your point. It was not my opinion that RickyP was speaking ill of Bill. In any case, the personal lives and desisions of Rose Hill's students and parents in no way effect it's mission to accept and to teach any child. As a private institution, Rose Hill HAS and will continue to reject and/or dismiss students based on the criteria it has set forth. Basketballers or not. That criteria does not include AAU coaches, parents that put athetics before accademics and not even how many schools a student has attended in the past 4 years. (in which 2 of the 4 have been Rose Hill) In this case Rose Hill, AGAIN did what was right. (at least that is my opinion ) Again, I do not think that Ricky was being critical of Bill. But I'm sure he will speak for himself.