Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland Spring Practice 2016

Featured Replies

Anyone heard anything? 3 days in... Just curious. I've only gotten a little info on things.

Anyone heard anything? 3 days in... Just curious. I've only gotten a little info on things.

 

What have you heard?

  • Author

One of the moms told me that there was a coach from EKU there yesterday. She wasn't sure who they were watching though. As well, Dowdy has moved from QB to receiver with Ratliff and Adkins taking snaps.

One of the moms told me that there was a coach from EKU there yesterday. She wasn't sure who they were watching though. As well, Dowdy has moved from QB to receiver with Ratliff and Adkins taking snaps.

Good for Dowdy willing to do that for the team

One of the moms told me that there was a coach from EKU there yesterday. She wasn't sure who they were watching though. As well, Dowdy has moved from QB to receiver with Ratliff and Adkins taking snaps.

 

How is Adkins looking?

He has a strong arm and throws with accuracy.

We could have two strong sophomore quarterbacks this year

  • Author

I saw Adkins dad at the store this evening. He said that he's enjoying it. Said he's gotten complements from the coaches and players. Eightdigits might be right, might be a couple good ones to chose from.

Good to hear about Adkins. I haven't had the opportunity to see him in action yet but I've heard a lot of good things about him. With his size and strength he has all of the tools to make a great qb and it appears he has the accuracy as well.

  • Author

I was able to stop by for a little bit yesterday. Adkins and Ryan were taking snaps. Adkins looked really good throwing the ball, hit a couple nice long throws with some strong out routs. O line was working hard, They've got a lot of big boys, should be interesting. Dowdy was catching passes, and did a good job. Some receivers had a hard time catching the ball. I guess when you haven't passed in 3 years, developing receivers wasn't a big priority. Hopefully my CATS can surprise some people this year.

Exciting to hear that we're starting to develop our WR's. That's been an issue in need of correcting.

  • Author

One thing I forgot to mention while I was in attendance, was that former Tomcat head coach Leon Hart was at practice overlooking some things. Not sure what he was doing, but he was hanging around the QBs and receivers. It was during his tenure that the CATS did throw the ball around. Wonder if he was offering up any suggestions.

Apparently they didn't get the full two weeks in...

I assume bad weather.

Haven't posted here on BGP in several years, but I have monitored threads off and on for some time.

I was delighted to see reference here to my Grandson, Will Adkins, who was QB of the Tomcat Freshman team this past season. I've got to brag on him a little bit. :ylsuper:

He had (what I think was) an excellent season directing a primary running attack, but threw for 619 yards in 7 games. He completed 53% of his passes, with 33% of his completions going for scores. He had only two INT's.

He will be attending the Manning Passing Academy in Louisiana this summer (for his third time there). Without making a varsity offensive appearance this year, he has gotten on some teams radar. He has been invited to camps this Summer at Penn and Princeton, and the offensive coordinator at Old Dominion has contacted his Dad asking for some info on him.

He's a big boy (6'4 1/2" and 215 lbs). Strong pocket AND roll out passer. Runs the option well. Can tuck it and run, himself, and can stay in the pocket, take the hit, and still deliver the pass. (do I sound proud of him?)

His cousin in New Orleans took some video his Dad had shot and made a highlight film from last year. I'll try to post it here.

Check it out. He's #16

did not mean to post video a second time.

sorry.

Edited by GolfRev
Delete. Posted video 2nd time accidentally

  • Author
Haven't posted here on BGP in several years, but I have monitored threads off and on for some time.

I was delighted to see reference here to my Grandson, Will Adkins, who was QB of the Tomcat Freshman team this past season. I've got to brag on him a little bit. :ylsuper:

He had (what I think was) an excellent season directing a primary running attack, but threw for 619 yards in 7 games. He completed 53% of his passes, with 33% of his completions going for scores. He had only two INT's.

He will be attending the Manning Passing Academy in Louisiana this summer (for his third time there). Without making a varsity offensive appearance this year, he has gotten on some teams radar. He has been invited to camps this Summer at Penn and Princeton, and the offensive coordinator at Old Dominion has contacted his Dad asking for some info on him.

He's a big boy (6'4 1/2" and 215 lbs). Strong pocket AND roll out passer. Runs the option well. Can tuck it and run, himself, and can stay in the pocket, take the hit, and still deliver the pass. (do I sound proud of him?)

His cousin in New Orleans took some video his Dad had shot and made a highlight film from last year. I'll try to post it here.

Check it out. He's #16

 

Welcome back, GolfRev. Nice info. Sure sounds like you're proud. I saw the video a while back. Looks like he's headed in the right direction. You can't teach size and arm strength. When I saw him the other day, Ratliff wasn't there, but he really impressed me. How was he invited/contacted to attend the camps?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.