Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland Spring Practice 2016

Featured Replies

Ah!!!!! All this talk about my nephew! I love hearing it. Just wish I was around Ashland to be able to see him firsthand. I am looking forward to his family being back down here in the big easy with us during the summer. Go Cats!

Flashback Tuesday

@GolfRev and @Chaplain both posting in the same thread. :banana:

 

Good to have you guys back.

Welcome back, GolfRev. Nice info. Sure sounds like you're proud. I saw the video a while back. Looks like he's headed in the right direction. You can't teach size and arm strength. When I saw him the other day, Ratliff wasn't there, but he really impressed me. How was he invited/contacted to attend the camps?

 

Thanks Youngbloods. I know that his Dad, Benji, Sent a highlight video out to a number of colleges after his 7th Grade season. He also had posted the 2015 video on YouTube, and I guess some folks saw it that way. He got a couple of emails from schools asking for stats, GPA, and other info. I don't know for sure about the two Ivy League schools (Penn and Princeton) but both of them sent invitations to attend camp this Summer, and as far as I know now, he is going.

Please understand, I'm not trying to hype him up and all, but he does have good size, mechanics, arm strength (and there are some good receivers out there in that Freshman class, too) Isaac Caines has great speed, good hands and can really go up and get it, too. Tomcats could open up a good passing game for the first time in a while. There is potential there.

Flashback Tuesday

@GolfRev and @Chaplain both posting in the same thread. :banana:

 

Good to have you guys back.

 

Thanks Watusi!

BGP is a special family.

Glad to still be able to participate.

Flashback Tuesday

@GolfRev and @Chaplain both posting in the same thread. :banana:

 

Good to have you guys back.

 

It doesn't get much better than having both GolfRev and Chaplain back on the board.

 

Hope you both are doing well and good to hear from you guys. All the best to your grandson/nephew!!!

If he works on his speed a little, Adkins has a very high ceiling. Reminds me alot of what Kash Daniel's looked like as a Frosh, but Adkins is a better "QB". Looks like he has studied the mechanics of the position, has a quick release, and good footwork. If Ashland develops their recievers, the Tomcats should be pretty explosive again offensively. Only through the air this time lol.

What about "O" Line?

Who's back? Who is stepping up?

It doesn't get much better than having both GolfRev and Chaplain back on the board.

 

Hope you both are doing well and good to hear from you guys. All the best to your grandson/nephew!!!

 

Thanks Oldbird!

I pastor a church in Huntington, WV and spend most of my waking hours over the past 13 years over her in the Mountain State, but still live in Ashland and a Tomcat fan, always! With one grandson in High School now. playing Football and Basketball, and another real athlete coming in Middle School next year - I'm going to have to make time to watch them, and follow the KY sports scene. No where better to to that than Bluegrass Preps!

 

Of course, @Chaplain is down there in the Big Easy, but he keeps up with what's happening back here in God's Country.

  • Author
What about "O" Line?

Who's back? Who is stepping up?

 

Sorry it's taken me so long to get an answer to this question, spent some time out of town. It's always good to get away for a while. As for the question, it is safe to say, we are starting over from scratch. Here's what I think will happen. Love will do the majority of snaps, Burgess will be at one tackle. I've heard that Hall is moving from tight end to line. The Wright twins might round out the line. Heaberlin will probably take over tight end responsibilities. That is how I see it, if I'm wrong... Sorry.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.