Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

XregCoach

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by XregCoach

  1. Sorry -- I'm still a newbie... did you coach or play against them 8 years ago?
  2. What changed? Coaching staff? Talent went elsewhere?
  3. In the mid 900s with 48% girls. So you're probably looking at 400+ girls in the High School alone. They're not SK or Dixie, but they're by no means a "small school."
  4. If she had ties to the PC Middle School program, and they wanted her enough to make her the HS Head Coach... that says a lot about what the community thinks of her. She should have a good opportunity to grow with their young kids for a while. Good luck to her!
  5. Correct me if I'm inferring incorrectly, but that sounds like some relationships are to be mended.
  6. So with that information, I would pose the question again... how desirable do you think this position is? The winning has been pretty strong lately. But is that a temporary thing and the talent will eventually dry up, or does this program have all the tools to win big for years to come?
  7. I'm sure every school has shortcomings and every school has great success stories. With a group of people as large as Scott, I'm sure there are plenty of both. Perhaps the negative moments are just spoken louder than the positives. I personally was just surprised to hear that place so large having only 17 girls coming out to play basketball. Almost speaks even greater to the job Coach Klette did, unless there's something else there I don't know about.
  8. As a school or as a basketball program?
  9. Any idea why? They seem annually competitive.
  10. I think it depends on the answer to this question... "Why are HS numbers thin?" I've believe only 17 girls came out for all of High School (F, JV & V) whereas it has been 30 or 40+ in the recent past. I would imagine that if the numbers were strong in High School, they wouldn't have the need to pull up, correct? So the question is, why are there so few players at a school that size?
  11. Ok that's fair. I was mainly referring to the first thing to do in terms of player relations.
  12. True, and Allen. The new coach's first action should be getting on the same page with those two.
  13. I would think this would be a desirable job for the right coach. Strong young talent in a nice area.
  14. How appealing is this job? 19-72 in 3 years... Coach Barrier knows the game. Maybe this is just a tough place to coach?
  15. Man that's tough for Coach Kelsch.
  16. Sounds like the consensus is that its mainly about the players' talent and abilities and the pipeline of players, more than a great admin or coaching staff.
  17. Great breakdown! With many people having opinions on specific coaches or players, I would simply like to know what most communities see as the building blocks to doing things the right way. Thanks!
  18. This is open to discussion... Obviously you can't win on a consistent basis without multiple variables. But what would you consider the top component, or the main building block, to having a winning program? Examples like... - HS Player Talent - Quality Feeder Programs - Elite X's & O's Head Coach - Elite Relational Head Coach - Tight Community (love, hard work, accountability) - Financial Support - Impressive Facilities - Etc
  19. This is open to discussion... Obviously you can't win on a consistent basis without multiple variables. But what would you consider the top component, or the main building block, to having a winning program? Examples like... - HS Player Talent - Quality Feeder Programs - Elite X's & O's Head Coach - Elite Relational Head Coach - Tight Community (love, hard work, accountability) - Financial Support - Impressive Facilities - Etc
  20. 9 year Head Coaches are more and more rare. Looks like Simmons was 126-141 in her 9 season at MS.
  21. What are reasonable expectations for Adair County?
  22. Would it be fair to assume that the suggestion is... The ceiling for Ryle is higher than the ceiling for PC? Winning percentages over the last few years haven't lined up between the two, but I guess a particular player had something to do with that. But unless the potential for success in his coaching career isn't higher with Ryle, it's a lateral move... right?
  23. Interesting suggestion. Young coach who seems to really care about her players.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.