Everything posted by CAL FAN
- Louisville Power Rankings 10/24
-
2A #6 Glasgow at 3A #9 Elizabethtown
Could definitely go either way. E-Town is down this year. I really don’t have a dog in this fight.
-
2A #6 Glasgow at 3A #9 Elizabethtown
This should be a good game. I am going with E-Town in this one based on the home field advantage.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Mr. Football Rankings (10-19) - Cast Your Votes
I think Robinson has sealed the Mr Football crown this year. He is a great player on an average team. Stars shine brighter when the are the only one in the sky. He did more than Wright because he had to do more for his team to be successful. He did everything his team needed him to do, and then more. I would love to see Robinson take his team deep into the playoffs, that would be a story.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Mr. Football Rankings (10-19) - Cast Your Votes
I don’t think there are any guidelines given to the voters. Yes, politics are involved. Campaigning for players on websites and chat rooms does exist. Last year was good example.
-
2A #2 Christian Academy of Louisville vs. 5A Bullitt East
In the late 90s and early 2000s Bullitt East had good teams every year. A lot has changed since then. I believe they have a lot of injuries coming into this game. If we have good weather this should be a running clock early third quarter.
-
Who are the Top 5 Football Teams in Kentucky?
No teams from Frankfort in this discussion. This thread is about teams not individuals.
-
Who are the Top 5 Football Teams in Kentucky?
I think a lot of you are confusing potential with performance. Unfortunately potential doesn’t win football games.
-
Who are the Top 5 Football Teams in Kentucky?
. Not counting anyone out here. We all know it’s not over until the playoffs. You have to have your head checked if you put a 4&6 team in the top five. Last nights win was by five points against a 5&4 team that a few weeks ago only managed to beat an Eastern team by 5. Trinity is not good right now. No amount of tradition is going to change that. Every player will have to carry a Shamrock in their sock if they hope to win the championship this year. They are just not top five now. Honestly if you compare scores and teams they have played (excluding the national powerhouses), they shouldn’t even be in the top ten conversation.
-
Who are the Top 5 Football Teams in Kentucky?
I don’t know enough about Williamsburg to judge.
-
Who are the Top 5 Football Teams in Kentucky?
Did you not see the Trinity score last night against a very average team?
-
Christian Academy-Louisville/Washington County Updates
49-0 final in rain
-
Christian Academy-Louisville/Washington County Updates
CAL. 41-0. End of third
-
Christian Academy-Louisville/Washington County Updates
CAL 28-0. 3:01 left first half
-
BluegrassPreps.com Mr. Football Watchlist (10/18)
Why risk injury when you winning comfortably just to pad stats. There are several other D1 players on this team. Antonio Brown has been averaging 5.5 touches the last 4 games and he is still the best receiver in the NFL. When it come to the point Wright needs more touches, he will get more touches. Robinson will win Mr Football. He is fun to watch. Is he the best player in the state at the next level? I doubt it, but I hope he proves me wrong. I like when the local kids succeed.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Mr. Football Watchlist (10/18)
It is often referred to as a balanced offense. There is more than one player on CAL’s team. Wright is not going to show gaudy numbers on offense or defense.
-
2A Playoff Bracket (Home Field Advantage)
Did Danville travel to semis in 2016?
-
2A Playoff Bracket (Home Field Advantage)
That doesn’t quite seem fair to have to travel two years in a row. I guess that’s a result of cross bracketing. What school is the cross bracketing supposed to benefit?
-
2A Playoff Bracket (Home Field Advantage)
CAL had to travel last year in the semi-final. Will they or Desales have to travel again? I thought it wa an odd and even number of year that determines home field for semis. How could it be away two years in a row?
-
2A Playoff Bracket (Home Field Advantage)
Never mind about the first round matchups. I looked at the bracket wrong. However I still believe cross bracketing applies this year. Don’t know for sure.
-
2A Playoff Bracket (Home Field Advantage)
This is not correct due to cross bracketing and some other round one match ups.
-
2A #2 Christian Academy of Louisville at Washington County
I am a little more interested in this game after seeing the score vs Desales. Washington County has been improving in the past few years.
-
2A #2 Christian Academy of Louisville vs. Shawnee
Don’t quite understand where this comment even came from. No body is bragging or even close. Shawnee is a game CAL has to play. They go into the game every year not wanting to get hurt or hurt the other team. The parents at CAL cheer when Shawnee makes a good play. CAL’s cheerleaders have went to the visitor stands in the past. Nothing but goodwill here. I think your comment is misdirected and off base. I have a lot of respect for the players sticking it out at Shawnee and the coaches that are ther trying to reestablish a program. There are some athletes on that team, but just not enough to make a difference.
-
It's clear 2A is a 3 team race
The stars would have to align and at least two of the teams they meet the last two weeks would have to be off or have lots of injuries. Based on seeing CAL and DeSales and looking at the teams O Catholic has losses to. Anything is possible though.
-
It's clear 2A is a 3 team race
Not much love for CAL on this site. Feels like they are the Louisville area version of Simon Kenton