Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

STEEL_CURTAIN88

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by STEEL_CURTAIN88

  1. Sounds like a good ball game. Any news on McKee or Paledino?
  2. Much better second half. Hopefully it carries over into next week.
  3. Where's this Ford kid been th entire game? I know that the Rams have been running some JV kids, but sounds like Ford is a tough runner.
  4. Im not exactly how long it will be. As it stands right now, this teams mindset reminds me of alot of teams we have had. In regaurds to playing to their competition. We came out flat, but the second half has sounded (listening to koolhits), like we can do just about what we want offensively and the defense has woken up. Im still not sold on how good Pikeville, Paintsville, Fairview and Hazard are. Now, they are good teams, but none have showed anything tremendous offensively. We may take some lumps and losses in the regular season, but in regaurds to the post season, im still not sure what to think.
  5. Sounds oike we are flat tonight offensively. East only has around 60 total yards to Raceland's 200ish. Yards just havent resulted into points. 2 turnovers on downs in the redzone. Cant do that.
  6. Rams with 74 yards of total offense in their 2 possessions and threatening to score a 2nd td just before the game stopped. Ram defense had completely shut down the Raiders offense. Lookin foward to seeing how Raceland comes back out.
  7. Yup same song different verse. Last year it was due to a monsoon of rain. Maybe I will get to make it over to Grayson and catch the ball game now.
  8. Wondered if they'd get delayed. Rumblin over here in Worthington.
  9. Any live stream on this game?
  10. Will there be a live video stream anywhere?
  11. Oh I am with you 100% LR. I am extremely proud of what '13 and '14 were able to accomplish. They were, imo, two teams that finally solidified Raceland as a contender year in and out and both, were milestone and "program" teams that took our school to a new level moving foward, in the world of football. Ive watched kids like yourself play football, from the time your were playing flag, and seeing you guys further your education as well as continue to play the game we all love so much couldnt make me any prouder. I was just referencing the quality of line play that that '08 team had.
  12. Alot of Beechwood's credit has been attained by Mayfield's departure from the class. But, make no mistake, they have 3 really nice play makers at QB, RB, and WR. But i do believe they lost a bulk of their OL.
  13. In the last, almost all JV is Frosh-2s and 3s from the varsity. Raceland has began dressing a huge number of kids in comparison to school size. We have 12 or more in each of the top 3 classes, and almost 20 in the freshman and Jr. 7th and 8th grades both have 15-20 kids on each team. Next years varsity team could possibly dress around 70 kids. Last i heard, Around 50% of the boys in grades 7-12 were playing football. Interest, support, and numbers are a cry from being an issue. Football is alive and well in Raceland.
  14. Imo, looking at each teams body of work, this is about right. Imo, within the top 5, the best team that they have faced is Ashland, which beat Raceland by 3 TDs. Beechwood beat a top 10 2a school by about the same spread, in Lloyd Mem. Im not sold on 2-5 yet on a concrete order. I think Pikeville and Paintsville have looked to be the best in the east, but this early in the year, we still dont know alot about these teams bc of early season competition hasnt been on par with what it was in seasons past. Ie: Prestonsburg/Frankfort arent the teams they have been and Sheldon Clark is down and West Carter may be alot better than many think, or, is Raceland down? I have no clue about Powell County, but West thumped them in week 2. So it's all kind if a big toss up for me. I still give Beechwood the knod at 1 and say Raceland as disapointed in comparison to preseason hype and Im still not sold on an order between 2-5, just like I wasnt in the preseason rankings. I will say this, i think 1-6 could all beat each other on any given night, atleast at this point in the season. This is the most balanced 1A has been since the 6 class system went in place.
  15. No, Raceland doesn't play 7th and 8th graders on the freshman team. I believe Hunter is Mike's boy. He is a freshman.
  16. I know Raceland's big play maker Judd Adkins is out with a broken collar bone and I know their other stud Hunter Lacks was injured in the JV game against Ashland, so Idk if he played either. Either way, sounds like a thumping. Ashland has some good youth in their system. All should not be lost when Baker/O'Bryan are gone.
  17. Does anyone know if the game is going to hsve a live stream this week? Due to some things that came up, I dont think I am going to be able to make it.
  18. I was suprised to see that it had never happened before. Possibly the best big athelete I have ever been around. alot of people have talked about this years line, last years and '13s. But, imo, that '08 line was the best in recent ram history. Robbie Logan(6'4"/260), The Swede(6'5"/275), Cody Grant(6"/250), Eddie Cumpton(6"/220) and all of them moved like deer. Put yourself in a corner back's shoes for a minute. It seems we ran stretch after stretch snd screen after screen that year with either Brett Denton(5'9"/230) and John-Scott Carver(5'9/210). Two of the best backs we've seen at Raceland. You had that wall of lineman, who were nearly as fast as the RBs, absolutely blowing people up 60 yards down the field. Throw in Tyler Boyles, Lauren Huffman, Bobby McKee, and Todd Selvege and that '08 team was stout. The loss to LCA in the regional championship still haunts me to this day.
  19. I think the Rams get back on track, I expect some changes in personel upfront on the OL, more athetecism, should help things out in the trap/counter runs and allow us a quicker seal on the edge, which imo, plays right into the strengths of Kane. He did alot of damage off tackle last year. Imo, that is where his bread and butter lies, not between the gaurds. I think our offense opens up this week and we handle business early on. That is how I think we will know where we stand right now in comparison to all the preseason hype. One thing I wanted to point out, is Nathaniel spreading the ball out well. He has 2 guys with 5 receptions, 2 guys with 3 and several with one or two. Not locking into one reciever tells me he is getting decent protection. I think that continues and we roll big in this one. Idk if I already predicted a score but... Rams 50 Raiders 7
  20. Pikeville will be looking for some revenge as well. I think Pikeville has played a tougher first 2 opponents than Paintsville, so I am a bit more sold on Pikeville being a top 2 team than Paintsville being a lock for the number 3 slot. We should know more about both squads come saturday morning.
  21. Pikeville is very good. But, they were very good last year. Imo, they were just as good as Mayfield and Wburg. Then, after running like a buzz saw through out the regular season, they were a bit banged up and they ran into the "23 darkhorse" Paintsville Tigers. Pikeville is a very darn good football team. But anything can happen on any given night. I aslo wonder how they respond when Pugh isn't running wild. I know it's hard to throw the ball much when you dont need to and you dont want to keep your starters in when you are up by 4 or 5 scores, but with a young QB I would have a hard time not throwing the ball some.
  22. That is something that seems to be hard or impossible to get HS players to do. PLAY YOUR FOOTBALL. It shoukdnt matter how good or how bad the team in front of you are. Go out and execute. Of course hou have to prepare for strengths/weaknesses of the other team, but if you go out and do those things, who your playing shouldnt matter. Play hard, play smart, and play you. In regaurds to the comment about Kane, I dont want anyone thinking I was disrespecting the kid. I hope he proves me wrong in every sense of my statement. He is a great kid and I know him and his family, have for years. I just dont think he looks the same as he did the last 2 seasons. I know he has it in him. Go ahead and let it light a fire big guy.
  23. Man I am lost on this one. Lawrence Co has a big OL, an experiencex QB in Kiser, nice RB in Mosley, Timmy Dalton at WR and maybe his brother Robert as well. I heard he was coming out but wouldnt be eligible untill week 3 or 4. And that kid was always the better football player of the 2. So LC has alot of tallent. Fairview has a great QB/WR in Roy/Washington and improved rushing attack from a year ago. However, bith defenses have been suspect. I think Lawrence has more atheletes and experience, but Fairview seems to be clicking pretty well right now. Im going to go with Fairview winning on the road in a shootout. Fairview 40 Lawrence County 36
  24. Wont be able to make this game sadly, due to work out of town. Always like East's field for watching a ball game. One thing I would like to see is Damon Black utilized in the offense in someway. He is a good athelete and I think his speed could be used on offense. QB, WR, or even RB. Imo, Kane Snyder needs to prove himself. He doesnt seem to run auite like he did in his soph and jr years. I think Black could help us getting some things going on the edge, also think he could be used in Wildcat situations. He has looked good each time he has gotten snaps this season. Davidson had a better camp than he did from what I understand and I am in no way saying that he has done anything to merit him losing his starting job, bc I think he has alot of potential, just needs to take some of the air out from under his deep throws. But I think Damon needs to see more time on the field.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.