Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

STEEL_CURTAIN88

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by STEEL_CURTAIN88

  1. Just before that I was going to say, offensively, I think Jameson needs used more in the lassing game. Big, strong, good hands.
  2. Jameson for a pick 6!! 2nd time in 2 weeks he gets a defensive score just seconds into the 3rd.
  3. I think Russellville steps in the role of Mayfield, not in terms of how good they are, but speaking of who will challenge Beechwood for a shot at the title. From the east, I am not really sold on anybody. Pikeville and Paintsville are, IMO, the deserving top two in that bracket, but Raceland and Hazard SHOULD be in the mix, but simply havent proven to me that they are both on that level just yet. Raceland has a chance to change that tonight as they take on Greenup, who many are considering the favorite in that match up, even though it is being played at Ram Stadium. Imo, Raceland and Hazard have both just had a bit of a learning curve breaking in a new QB and a handful of other skilk guys. I think by seasons end though, one of those four teams, will be in Bowling Green. As it stands right now, Im not sold on an eastern favorite yet.
  4. Another one I just thought of was one of my favorites from Coach Hoof, post fumble. "(Insert name here), IF YOUR HURT, I'LL FLY IN THE BEST AND GREATEST DOCTORS IN THE COUNTRY, if u aint, quit your limpin and gimpin and hold on to the CONFOUND IT FOOTBALL...DIP BOYS". Randy Vanderhoof not only has a way with words (some of which i am certain are not found in Webster's Dictionary), but his emphasis on those said words is legendary. That man is Raceland High School personified, no ifs, ands, buts, or dips about it! glad he is back involved in the football program.
  5. Cant remember how many times I have heard my dad and uncle both quote so many of the things he hollered across the field. Dad swears up and down you could've heard it from Lloyd if he were yelling it from below the Scorebored of Ram Stadium. Im sure it will be ringing loud and long up 23 and the all the way through the trees of "Dubya" ("W" for thise of you uncertain of what that may mean lol) Holler this Friday night. Its funny phrases like "You gotta want it gentleman" (from THE man, imho) and "Confound it!!" (hoof) have become things of lore in Ram Country. Born here, raised here, schooled and played here, now raising my own family here. No other place Id rather rest my weary bones when Im old and grey. Love this place.
  6. I dont see Beechwood losing to Ironton UNLESS, both of their stud RBs are healthy. Paledino suffered a back injury in week 1 that flared up in week 2, Des Young was pulled for concussion like symptoms. They are a legit 1-2 punch and great variences in soeed and strength from both of them. Paledino hits the whole hard and quick and has the speed to take off at any time. Young is just going to plow his way for his yards. Imo, if they are healthy, and Ironton goes between the tackles and puts you to sleep with heavy doses of Young, that will open things up for Paledino. If these two kids are out, its a wash and BW wins by 2 TDs. If they do play, then I take Ironton by a TD. Has anyone heard nething on them being healthy or not?
  7. Who was the back up QB that started? Wore number 7, built just like Hunt. And Hunt's name was called i do believe.
  8. Have to agree on a statement made here. Rather it was meant in seriousness or not, but I think this is the time for East Carter to ease up the schedule a little bit. Paintsville did this back in the early Chirico years, it helped build up the program over two seasons, then in his 3rd year, he had a winning record and the next year posted a 10 win season and played for a regional championship. Scheduling "down" down doesnt mean you are padding your resume with wins, sometimes it takes scheduling games you SHOULD win to help drum up interest in the program. Every program has ups and downs, but I think that much like Chirico at Paintsville, that Champlin's youthfulness, excitement, and passion for the game itself is exactly what EC football needed. He really seems to want to build a program and not just "whip a team into shape". As for this game? West has way too much speed for East. I also think the Fore kid needs to see more time at RB. He was the hardest runner East had against Raceland.
  9. Absolutely. What we has beens have to say on here has ZERO impact on the game itself, but, I do believe that what is said on here can and does get around to, and sometimes have an impact on the players who often read the site. Either way, Im glad to see teams like Greenup, West Carter, and Lawrence County, East Carter and others who have struggled in recent years, to be seemingly making strides to being competitive year in and year out. Good football, imo, breeds good football. Ie:NKY, Mtns, WKY. Our part of the state is by a large margin, weaker than the other regions across the board. Good to see more and more teams becoming competitive.
  10. Oh i am realistic. The win against East isnt by any stretch, impressive. Not a knock on EC, I think they have a guy in place at the HC spot that cares about building a PROGRAM and not just wins and losses in one particular season and create longevity within the program. Just from an execution perspective, we looked a bit cleaner and a bit more in control of ourselves. We were balanced and effective. Raceland needs this win just as much as Greenup does. It should be a good ball game, but I feel like Raceland will start putting things together even more this game.
  11. We havent looked very good, I will be the first to admit that. We have looked lethargic, confused, and sluggish at times. I think the kids bought into some of the preseason hype and seem to go through the motions at times. I think some of it has to do with the learning curve for the new QB, a lineman who had a good camp, but hasnt had the best of performances in the games thus far, seemingly being a step behind. Imo, Isaac Wallace needs to stay at gaurd and let Manis take the tackle spot. Another one Id like to see getting some time on the OL is Justin Fairchild. There has been some shuffling among the line and some kinks have been worked out in the running game and Nathaniel is improving each and every game. Things are going to start coming together, I said in preseason predictions, we may take some lumps early on, but we will be fine by district time. As for this game, it sounds to me like the Rams are the underdog, even at home, and having owned GC since 2010. Rams need to make a statement, this game is their chance to do so.
  12. Thats my thing. We scored 21 on Ashland and 36 on West Carter. People predicting Greenup wins are favoring Greenup by 2 or more scores, West scored 22 on Greenup I believe. Would like to know their reasoning behind our offense not being able to put up 3 or more TDs on them.
  13. I heard he was out for the season but idk how true that is. If it is, it's a major blow for the Eagles.
  14. I watched West Carter put up 21 un answered points on them. It's not going to be a blow out. It wont be a 35-0 halftime score with Greenup scoring late. Greenup put up 13 points on Russell's defense that held Ironton to 14 points. Raceland's passing game is opening up, which opens things up for the running game as well. I figure it will be a close game for a half, then Raceland slowly starts to pull away late in the 3rd quarter. I really think Raceland will continue to progress within their offense in this game.
  15. Greenup is improved from a year ago. Their defense is really aggressive and did enough last year to beat Raceland in Lloyd, they just couldnt put any points on the board. I think Raceland's offense is beginning to gel a little bit. Nathaniel looks better and better from the QB spot each and every week and continues to get various recievers the ball. Some changes made upfront helped the running game. Kane Snyder looked more like his oldself last week and Bailey Walker has been running really well (if he doesnt fumble the football he is the best over all back we have) and Carson Christian has remained consistent all season. Greenup is improved and play good defense, but I think Raceland takes this one at home on JFL night. Raceland 35 Greenuop 14
  16. I had just heard they were moving it due to travel time for Beechwood as well as ticket sales. Greenup/Raceland and Russell/Ashland going on that night as well. My info came from an Ironton parent, so it's hard to say if it has any truth to it. But I had heard it from a few others in the area as well.
  17. Without Paledino and Young, Beechwood wins comfortably by 2 scores or so. Without either of them its a tight game. With both of them at 80% or better, I like Ironton at home. Too many variables and unknowns for me to make a selection. I havent heard for sure, but I heard they were trying to move the game to Saturday night. Anyone heard anything similar or definite?
  18. Would really like Russell to carry this momentum over and get the win, but Im not sure. I think without Paledino and Young, Ironton isnt as good as they showed against Wheelersburg. Not taking anything away from Russell, its hard to beat a bad Ironton team at Tanks Memorial, let alone a good one, they earned tonights win. If Russell can neutralize baker and control TOS they will win. But my gut tells me that Baker gets his and Ashland continues to improve their passing game and takes this one. Tomcats 35 Russell 28
  19. WAAAAAYYYYY TO GO DEVILS!!! Nick Conley took that game over with McKee out. Congrats to you guys from this die hard RAM fan!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.