West Carter at East Carter  

19 members have voted

1. 1. West Carter at East Carter

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming the East game plan is going to have to do with containing Braden Brown. Easier said than done. This West team is more experienced than East.

That being said, I'm still taking my Raiders. It's a rivalry game, anything can happen. I know that West Carter is not a blowout victory better than East Carter. I hope the game is injury free but from what I've saw out of West is very little depth. The starters are good yes, but East has more quality depth on the line and all around.

Hoping the Raiders ride Josh Ford and Darin Phillips to a victory.

East Carter 28

West Carter 24

It seems quite apparent that East Carter has a new energy about them with Coach C taking over. It is good to see them competing like they used to. RaiderPride5 mentioned a gameplan of containing Brown...well, I'd just like to say that is easier said than done. East at home will help in this one, but West should have enough to win this one. I think it will be by two touchdowns. East is getting better every week, and that's all that a coach can ask for. This will be a good game!

West will win. East plays hard and with emotion. They are better than last year. I was impressed by their football atmosphere Friday night against the Rams. In the end, speed kills. No way East can contain all of the speed West has. East also commits a lot penalties......seems to be 2 or more personal fouls each game. I don't agree with the "quality depth" statement about East, especially on defense.

This will be East's super bowl. Keep drinking the cool-aid..........A new beginning, same ending. I agree with the ADI prediction of East going 1-9 for the season.

West will win. East plays hard and with emotion. They are better than last year. I was impressed by their football atmosphere Friday night against the Rams. In the end, speed kills. No way East can contain all of the speed West has. East also commits a lot penalties......seems to be 2 or more personal fouls each game. I don't agree with the "quality depth" statement about East, especially on defense.

This will be East's super bowl. Keep drinking the cool-aid..........A new beginning, same ending. I agree with the ADI prediction of East going 1-9 for the season.

West does have a lot of speed and it will be really difficult for East to contain that. Most of Easts penalties are stupid personal fouls that these kids will hopefully not commit this Friday.

But you really don't have any evidence that can support that this new beginning will end bad. It will take time but Coach Champlin is looking to build it from the ground up, and not just coaching here until he can get a college job back like Moore.

Gonna be a packed house this Friday, I'll be sporting my new "Battle for the Barrel" shirt.

Also what will West have after Braden is gone? His little brother is good but that's all I know.

West does have a lot of speed and it will be really difficult for East to contain that. Most of Easts penalties are stupid personal fouls that these kids will hopefully not commit this Friday.

But you really don't have any evidence that can support that this new beginning will end bad. It will take time but Coach Champlin is looking to build it from the ground up, and not just coaching here until he can get a college job back like Moore.

Gonna be a packed house this Friday, I'll be sporting my new "Battle for the Barrel" shirt.

Also what will West have after Braden is gone? His little brother is good but that's all I know.

Just talking about this season........I said 1-9, based on this years schedule, not 1 for the next 5 years. Schedule more teams like West Union and get some more W's. Who knows how good/bad a team will be next season or two years from now. To many variables....feeder programs, injuries, kids moving in or out, etc. I can't speak to Coach Moore's motives but I do know he really knows football and had unbelievable bad luck with key injuries the entire time he was at East. Seems like every year he lost a couple of his best players due to injury, season ending and several games worth. Very few coaches in eastern ky can afford to lose their best players every year. Did I just defend a Raider? Truth hurts sometimes.

So, you know what is going to happen this Friday and are already looking forward to next years game when Braden is gone? Along with a very talented and experienced group of seniors.........

Just talking about this season........I said 1-9, based on this years schedule, not 1 for the next 5 years. Schedule more teams like West Union and get some more W's. Who knows how good/bad a team will be next season or two years from now. To many variables....feeder programs, injuries, kids moving in or out, etc. I can't speak to Coach Moore's motives but I do know he really knows football and had unbelievable bad luck with key injuries the entire time he was at East. Seems like every year he lost a couple of his best players due to injury, season ending and several games worth. Very few coaches in eastern ky can afford to lose their best players every year. Did I just defend a Raider? Truth hurts sometimes.

So, you know what is going to happen this Friday and are already looking forward to next years game when Braden is gone? Along with a very talented and experienced group of seniors.........

I played for Moore I know his football mind, but it just felt like that at times. He's IMO definitely more suited for the college level.

Oh don't you get too ahead of yourself cometman ;) I know this senior group is talented for West, I was wanting to know the future of the West program! I know what East has coming up. Want this rivalry to be fun and competitive.

I don't care about number of wins I want a playoff birth. Moore felt the same way. We could've scheduled teams like West Union, and I'm not gonna name out specific schools but teams that could be walk overs just to make everyone feel happy but Moore didn't want that. He wanted to play Raceland, Fairview, teams that would get us ready for a chance to make it to the playoffs.

2013-14 looked to be that year but the injury bug bit us and we were to our backup QB, and down to our JV fullbacks.

The future of the program........West Middle beat East Middle 34-0 and the two JFL 6th grade teams play this Saturday morning (Sept 12th).

I haven't heard a lot about what East has coming up in middle school, but I know the YFL 6th graders are good as are a few of the other groups but I don't know how much they have in terms of numbers right now.

Both programs seem to be heading in the right direction, but East has a lot of ground to make up from last year to this year. West blew East out last season and West appears to be better this year. I think East closes the gap some, but not enough to get the win this year. Then again, in a rivalry game like this, it's hard to say what might happen.

West 34

East 20