RaiderPride5

West Carter at East Carter  

19 members have voted

1. 1. West Carter at East Carter

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's in Olive Hill. It's the best pizza in Carter County! May be better than anything in Ashland too. Not on the level of Evaronis in Kenova though

Ashlands pizza choices aren't that great anymore since Giovanni's decided to franchise out, Toms closed, and KDMC bought the building My Dad's Pizzaria was in. Now it's pretty much all chain restaurants. There is a new Italian/pizza joint that just opened downtown though, called Alma's Italian, haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it sounds promising.

Back to the game. Anyone know if both teams are at full strength or not? West on paper appears to be the better team. But its a rivalry game, at East Carter, which is on the upswing. I think it will be a lot closer than most expect. I'm not ready to pick a winner just yet, but could see this one being decided by 8 or less, either way.

Back to the game. Anyone know if both teams are at full strength or not? West on paper appears to be the better team. But its a rivalry game, at East Carter, which is on the upswing. I think it will be a lot closer than most expect. I'm not ready to pick a winner just yet, but could see this one being decided by 8 or less, either way.

West is coming off a bye week so they've had plenty of time to scout and prepare for East Carter. That being said, they may have the preparation advantage. I think as far as I know both teams are at full health. The bye week for West could be an advantage or disadvantage though, East has more game experience this year as they've played every week since the grid. Braden Brown doesn't get as much credit as he deserves for how good he is. Behind QBaker IMO he's the best runner in the area, and would give him a run for his money in speed. He's also a great kid.

Also My Dads Pizzeria is in the Kyova Mall now! Good pizza as well. As for Alma's I'm down to try that. Where at in downtown is it?

West is coming off a bye week so they've had plenty of time to scout and prepare for East Carter. That being said, they may have the preparation advantage. I think as far as I know both teams are at full health. The bye week for West could be an advantage or disadvantage though, East has more game experience this year as they've played every week since the grid. Braden Brown doesn't get as much credit as he deserves for how good he is. Behind QBaker IMO he's the best runner in the area, and would give him a run for his money in speed. He's also a great kid.

Also My Dads Pizzeria is in the Kyova Mall now! Good pizza as well. As for Alma's I'm down to try that. Where at in downtown is it?

Braden Brown is exceptional. Very quick which always makes him a threat to score. Does East have enough defensive speed and dline play to keep him under control? That could be the difference in the game, IMO. I honestly don't know much about either other than what's already been talked about. But I am interested though as booth seem to be improving year to year.

Yeah I haven't tried My Dads out in Kyova, was curious if it had the same taste as the original in flatwoods and the one kdmc bought in Ashland. I'm rarely in that mall or I would have tried it by now, just haven't had a reason to make a special trip, but I'll give it a try. Almas is at 15th street and greenup ave, where Katie's corner used to be.

Braden Brown is exceptional. Very quick which always makes him a threat to score. Does East have enough defensive speed and dline play to keep him under control? That could be the difference in the game, IMO. I honestly don't know much about either other than what's already been talked about. But I am interested though as booth seem to be improving year to year.

Yeah I haven't tried My Dads out in Kyova, was curious if it had the same taste as the original in flatwoods and the one kdmc bought in Ashland. I'm rarely in that mall or I would have tried it by now, just haven't had a reason to make a special trip, but I'll give it a try. Almas is at 15th street and greenup ave, where Katie's corner used to be.

They sure as heck didn't have it last year, so they have something to prove.

Just talking about this season........I said 1-9, based on this years schedule, not 1 for the next 5 years. Schedule more teams like West Union and get some more W's. Who knows how good/bad a team will be next season or two years from now. To many variables....feeder programs, injuries, kids moving in or out, etc. I can't speak to Coach Moore's motives but I do know he really knows football and had unbelievable bad luck with key injuries the entire time he was at East. Seems like every year he lost a couple of his best players due to injury, season ending and several games worth. Very few coaches in eastern ky can afford to lose their best players every year. Did I just defend a Raider? Truth hurts sometimes.

So, you know what is going to happen this Friday and are already looking forward to next years game when Braden is gone? Along with a very talented and experienced group of seniors.........

Have to agree on a statement made here. Rather it was meant in seriousness or not, but I think this is the time for East Carter to ease up the schedule a little bit. Paintsville did this back in the early Chirico years, it helped build up the program over two seasons, then in his 3rd year, he had a winning record and the next year posted a 10 win season and played for a regional championship. Scheduling "down" down doesnt mean you are padding your resume with wins, sometimes it takes scheduling games you SHOULD win to help drum up interest in the program.

Every program has ups and downs, but I think that much like Chirico at Paintsville, that Champlin's youthfulness, excitement, and passion for the game itself is exactly what EC football needed. He really seems to want to build a program and not just "whip a team into shape".

As for this game? West has way too much speed for East. I also think the Fore kid needs to see more time at RB. He was the hardest runner East had against Raceland.

Have to agree on a statement made here. Rather it was meant in seriousness or not, but I think this is the time for East Carter to ease up the schedule a little bit. Paintsville did this back in the early Chirico years, it helped build up the program over two seasons, then in his 3rd year, he had a winning record and the next year posted a 10 win season and played for a regional championship. Scheduling "down" down doesnt mean you are padding your resume with wins, sometimes it takes scheduling games you SHOULD win to help drum up interest in the program.

Every program has ups and downs, but I think that much like Chirico at Paintsville, that Champlin's youthfulness, excitement, and passion for the game itself is exactly what EC football needed. He really seems to want to build a program and not just "whip a team into shape".

As for this game? West has way too much speed for East. I also think the Fore kid needs to see more time at RB. He was the hardest runner East had against Raceland.

I know that the community needs to see some of these wins to keep them on board. A win in this game will hopefully get them excited. I agree about Ford as well IMO he is the best back in his class in the 16th region area and that's not being a homer I just know how special this kid can be if he continues to work.

It was mentioned that making the playoffs was more important than having some easy wins. Partially true, unless your the 1 or 2 seed the playoffs in Ky are a joke. To many teams make the playoffs and 99% of the first round games are blowouts. The playoff system needs changed.

East is much improved but West is the better team and should win. Watching the East vs Raceland game I was pleased with the passion East played with but they are behind in many when compared to other teams in the area.

I am glad to see East move in the right direction but they are still a ways off. Numbers are up and excitement is abuzz in the community. Hope East can continue to improve but Rome was not built in a day.

East is much improved but West is the better team and should win. Watching the East vs Raceland game I was pleased with the passion East played with but they are behind in many when compared to other teams in the area.

I am glad to see East move in the right direction but they are still a ways off. Numbers are up and excitement is abuzz in the community. Hope East can continue to improve but Rome was not built in a day.

East doesn't lose much to graduation after this year either, starting only 3-4 seniors on either side.

Sticking with my Raiders to "upset" the Comets this Friday. We gave Raceland just as much of a fight as West did (final score won't convince that but West had two return touchdowns and Raceland played terrible that game). Not to take away from the Comets as they on paper should win this game handily on the legs of the Brown-ybunch (there's like 83737 on the team, might as well change the mascot).

I think East comes out and capitalizes on turnovers, doesn't give up too many big plays (Braden is gonna get his we know that), successfully moves the ball and wins the game.

West has much better athletes than East. When you have good skill players and speed you do things like return kickoffs for touchdowns. Just curious when is the last time East has returned a Kickoff for a touchdown against a quality opponent? West has a few other players for East has to worry about other than their QB (B. Brown). East has struggled lately not because of coaching, scheduling or community support. They have struggled because they have not had a good group of athletes come through in a long time. East has maybe few kids that would start at West this year one of those being their kicker.

Not sure with your logic about East playing Raceland close?

If East capitalizes on turnovers, don't give up to many big plays to B. Brown, successfully moves the ball, they will only get beat by two scores at best.