Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old-School-Football

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old-School-Football

  1. The Bruins will be tough on the road to wrap up the regular season! More than anything, I really like the open date before the playoffs compared to playing Moeller at the end of the season the past several years. Don't get me wrong, playing against Moeller was a blast but we were beat up the past few seasons going into week 10 and 11. Overall, I really do like what Coach Saxton did with the schedule this year. Should be a lot of fun.
  2. I hate to hear all of this. Some of the most influential people in my life were assistant football coaches teaching history, world civ and government classes. I'm forever in debt to some of them - great football coaches but even better teachers and role models!!
  3. Thank you, Bobcat. I remember the names from last year. Had a chance to see a few Frosh games. Again, looking forward to watching the staff sort through the QB competition. I really feel like the guys did a great job last year eventually getting RYoung inserted into the starting spot. We've said it over and over again...but what an amazing kid! I was told to keep an eye on the Blackburn kid. No matter what, best of luck to all the QB's looking to be the next guy up for the Rocks. I'm sure all 4 guys will prepare like his number might get called on any Friday night.
  4. Who are we missing right now? DJones, JWoosley and CCarricio? I know all three will be in the WR rotation...with Woosley most likely getting in the QB race as soon as baseball is over. Are we missing some underclassmen expected to be in the mix? Maybe a few more guys playing baseball or other spring sports? WR position is deep with all three guys mentioned above along with Burns, Palombino, MHarper and a few new names from JV I'm sure we will hear about. Confident the staff will find the right guy to distribute the ball...much like Ryan Young last year. O-Line should be loaded with 3 year starters. Looking forward to seeing this group in action. How you guys feeling about the running game after the spring?
  5. ShamrockChamp, think I remember a time when the Rocks had a white stripe down the middle...correct? I also remember the gray facemask. Can't go wrong with the white or gray. All about the logo...can't change that! No argument from me if X went to the logo on the back of the baseball jersey. I like it.
  6. PepRock beat me to it. You have to mention Manual in the 6A discussion. May have been the best defense the Rocks faced last year with amazing talent on both sides of the ball. Please don't forget about Ballard, Butler and PRP. If you look back, you will see how deep each team is making it into the playoffs. I personally don't think any of them are an easy "out" from week to week. Just don't want the conversation to be about T, X and. Male....I would love to see what Ballard, Butler and PRP would do in 5A. PRP in the state finals just 3 years ago and stepping up to play Trinity this year. I have to say 6A.
  7. From a big fan in Louisville to all the folks over in Eastern KY, thank you for introducing us to Kash over the past year. Big shout out to Kash...well deserved. I hope the Cats and Cards stay in the running for his services. I've had a blast keeping up with Kash over the past several months and know he has made a lot of friends/fans over in Louisville. The kid would be an amazing addition to the UK or UL programs in my opinion. All you folks over in Eastern KY must be very proud. Looking forward to seeing many more big time offers for Mr. Daniel!
  8. Woosley also started some varsity games at Corner when he was a Soph. Should be a really solid competition at QB. If the Rocks can find that guy...like Ryan Young at QB last year(going to Butler University)...you have to think they will be in pretty good shape. Lot of depth at most positions on both sides of the ball.
  9. I remember Tanner from the Kentucky vs Tennesse Future Stars event back in middle school. Back then, he was a student of the game with an amazing personality. The statement about "good kid" is 100% accurate from my experience. He was one year younger than all the kids on the KY team that year....all of the boys were 2016 class and now getting college interest. I'm not surprised by anything coming Tanner's way. He made a solid impression even back in middle school. Looking forward to keeping up with his high school and college career.
  10. Grant Lawson - Jeffersontown - Vincennes University
  11. Valuable part of the Thundering Herd program!! Sorry about that...new guy.
  12. I've had the privilege of watching this young man work over the past 3 years. Amazing family, strong work ethic and an overall great kid. Zach and the rest of our Student Manager/Trainer staff add so much value to the T program. Coach B hit the nail on the head...Zach getting this opportunity is the "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow". He will be a v

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.