Everything posted by FeelingGood
-
Cooper 51 Covington Catholic 38 (9th Region Championship)
Also, I so wanted to bring back the thread "Is CovCath on the verge of the Greatest 9th Region Dynasty Ever?" but it appears to be closed. To soon?
-
Cooper 51 Covington Catholic 38 (9th Region Championship)
It had to be something because he was just not shooting like he we have normally seen. Hope he gets better soon. Super nice player.
-
Cooper 51 Covington Catholic 38 (9th Region Championship)
I think defense and the lack of including him into the offense. I thought they used him early to run plays to, i don't believe they did in the 2nd half.
-
Cooper 51 Covington Catholic 38 (9th Region Championship)
Next year he makes those shots. I was impressed on how he played. May not have been the outcome he wanted but he will only improve over this next summer. Look for him to be double digits consistently next year and to be a dominant force in the state.
-
Cooper 51 Covington Catholic 38 (9th Region Championship)
Congrats to the Jags. Way to be patient and then take it to them when they wavered. I have to say I very much liked how the 16th refs let the kids play. I thought it was a physical game but both teams played very clean. The moment S McNeil missed the 10 footer and basically grabbed it out of the CCH kids hands and scored, I just had that feeling. Good luck at Rupp and I know you will represent the 9th proudly.
-
Cooper/Covingtron Catholic (9th Region Championship) updates
Impressed by the number of times Walters has taken the ball to the hole CCH will need to keep it up because Cooper will get start making their shots.
-
Rules Question: Jump Ball
Thanks everyone for the info, that really helps.
-
Covington Catholic 60 Newport Catholic 32 (9th Region Semi-Final)
The kid has a major upside, let's leave it at that.
-
Covington Catholic 60 Newport Catholic 32 (9th Region Semi-Final)
Walters has come a long way and will continue to improve that is not a question. My question is why a kid that tall isn't in double digits every game? I believe he has it in him but not the confidence to do so, yet. The moment he decides he has had enough everyone better watch out. Next season should be a fun season to watch.
-
Covington Catholic 60 Newport Catholic 32 (9th Region Semi-Final)
When do you decide the 3 ptr isn't working and go inside? It seemed to work for them Wednesday.
-
Independence Community Christian Academy Crusaders
Thats awesome!! Congrats..
-
Rules Question: Jump Ball
if that happens, does it just go to the other team? And I would agree I've seen it called both ways, or not called both ways.
-
Rules Question: Jump Ball
What is rule for jump balls? Can a player touch the ball on the way up or do they have to wait for it to be at the peak? I've seen kids grab the ball basically out of the ref's hand and I've seen them wait till it's almost all the way up. Just wondering the correct call.
-
Cooper 51 Holy Cross 49 (9th Region Semi-Final)
Like many I thought the game was over and in the bag. The Jags fought back with some great defense causing the Indians to force some turnovers. Great season Holy Cross...
-
2017/2018 9th Region
Could you or anyone help me understand the benefits of prep school? I always thought it was for that kid who didn't' quite have the grades or offers they would like. I've seen it thrown around a couple times and was hoping someone could help me with this.
-
Covington Catholic 57 Dixie Heights 45 (9th Region Quarterfinals)
I'll agree with this. Your HS coach may do a good job of talking with schools when they call but for most part they are not actually going out a looking for schools for you. AAU is where the maximum exposure is and where coaches will come to watch specific kids and then to talk to players. It also comes back to the family doing the work in contacting schools/coaches. Not at saying Hunter and family has not been doing this, just my thoughts on how the process. Anyone know where he played AAU and if he had interest? I know a couple other players on Dixie's team has had multiple schools contacting them.
-
Newport 56 Lloyd 38 (9th Region Quarters)
Rookie mistake. Haha JK. Thanks for the updates..
-
Covington Catholic 57 Dixie Heights 45 (9th Region Quarterfinals)
Don't think so.
-
Covington Catholic 57 Dixie Heights 45 (9th Region Quarterfinals)
Was thinking Bradfield was going to have a night like Wurtz, just didn't get the ball enough or the inlet passes were forced. Nice career, is he planning to play in college?
-
Newport Catholic 69 Ryle 55 (9th Region Quarter-Final)
What I think will be just as impressive would be seeing the number of assist this game. Anyone know that?
-
Newport vs Lloyd 9th Region 1st Rd
I think its going to be a cat fight, a wildcat fight... :laugh: I take Newport by 3.
-
Covington Catholic/Dixie Heights (9th Region Tournament) 3/1/17
But it's so fun for some to put it out there when they have no clue what they are talking about and to stir up trouble right before a big game.... Go Colonels!! Oh I mean Red Colonels!!! :ylsuper:
-
Covington Catholic/Dixie Heights (9th Region Tournament) 3/1/17
Old news, move on. Knowing that the kids read this why distract from this game and not the past? I really think Dixie is going to come out with a purpose to prove. I'm sure Chevy is not ready to start planning retirement anytime soon..
-
9th Region Draw
Agree, you either have close to double digit blocks and rebounds or you have double digit points. If Cooper's 3 are hitting, I'd watch out, and then having him in there won't help much.
-
9th Region Draw
After keeping it close early, can Dixie put 32 minutes together to give the biggest upset in the tournament?