Newport vs Lloyd 9th Region 1st Rd

Should be a battle... Burries, the leader of his squad Vs. Hamilton, the leader of his. Both can score it. Both have good coaches. Lloyd seems to have been a bit more consistent, but Newport's youth contributes to that concept. I'm sure both were happy to see each other for a 3rd time, and will take their chances for an opportunity to advance.

If Lloyd plays like they did against Dixie, they win by as much as they want and could be a handful for Cooper.

True. And, possible. They did beat Dixie, but the inability of Dixie to hit a shot in the 2nd half played a large factor into the final margin. It was around a 4 point Lloyd lead in the mid 3rd quarter, i believe. From the looks, it also appeared that Lloyd shot the ball very well in the 2nd half.

That said, Lloyd is very talented, and well coached, and those boys play together, and for each other.

This will be a good one. It'll be a battle all game. I don't think it's going to be all Burries and Hamilton, I think everybody eats a little in this game and Lloyd pulls off the close win and pulls off the trifecta. Lloyd by 4.