Everything posted by Headhunter
-
Underclass Big Men
I agree Rice would be my choice of bigs. Think he's ranked in the top 30 best big men in ky including all classes 2015-2018. Think he would have been in top 10 if he had got his hands on the ball more at north laurel. It's not good to see a great player like him with an high ceiling not be used.
-
Big men
I agree, GoHardITP! I don't like to see teams use a big man just as a body. I've seen them loose interest just like you say. My philosophy is basketball should be played "inside" then "out". Maybe I'm old school.
-
Tallest Teams in the state
With a line up like that, why is their record not better?
-
Big men
Most guards have not been taught to pass and use their big men. Glad to hear Boone County knows how to get it done.
-
Big men
What are some high schools/coaches who are best utilizing their BIG men?
-
Clay County 70 North Laurel 65
I hear north lives by the 3 and dies by it cause they sure don't have any other game plan for winning.
-
Inside the 13th Region (1/12/15)
I agree Les, ONE assist! That's crazy. I know all their bigs haven't been shooting any threes, nor are they trying to work the ball inside to their bigs (Rice and Asher) and take advantage of their size down low. I'm like you scratching my head on this one. If the coach doesn't get hold of this team and take a few notes from the South Laurel play book for "assists and big man" they will have a disappointing season.
-
Is this a foul?
Ref tend to do that a lot. Sometimes they are blowing their whistle before anything foul is even committed. This tends to happen with big players. Refs automatically think when a player FLOPS that it's a foul on the big man.
-
North Laurel at South Laurel predictions
The TRUTH from the game last night is: Broughton didn't get 30, Rice didn't foul out and played his best game of the season. North shot around 28% from the field, most of which was 3 pointers. Rice played against the best competition in the nation for the Ky Gators (located here in Louisville) and never got in foul trouble. I think it's a case where he's playing in a region that is not use to seeing a BIG man play that actually has some good moves. Where as in the larger regions up north the refs are use to seeing the bigs play each and every night.
-
North Laurel at South Laurel predictions
Kept me informed on how that match up goes. Thanks
-
North Laurel at South Laurel predictions
Not using Rice may hurt them. Especially if they shut down Broughton and Asher. If they're. It practicing their inside game it will be hard to pull it off when they do need it/Rice.
-
North Laurel at South Laurel predictions
We'll if thats all Rice is averaging then North had no inside game. Are they not using him on offense? When playing with the Gators from Louisville he always averaged a double double.
-
North Laurel at South Laurel predictions
Rice has been getting fouls called on him. It seems like he can't move without getting one called. Heard he had two the other night in less than 2:00 mins in first quarter. Seems like they don't want the big boy to play.
-
North Laurel at South Laurel predictions
Got to watch their big man who I hear is averaging around 20 a game. This is a high average for. Big man so he must get the ball thrown into him a lot. At least they'll know where the ball is going and be able to defend it.
-
13th Region Refs
Seems like that everywhere. Glad to hear another side of the story. Thanks.
-
13th Region Refs
Don't know what's going on down in the 13th Region, but I hear the refs are awful. First there were bad calls at the Corbin vs. Williamsburg game which led to Corbin getting beat in their own tournament because of the ref not counting properly. Then I hear from several people that the refs are letting guards get away with hand checks, but if the bigs even move on the inside, they automatically get called for a fouul. I'm sure the refs can't see everything, bu I hear it's getting rather ridiculous. Wish you all would post videos or call the KHSAA to complain. Anyone from the Region care to comment?
-
Best Freshmen in your district?
Didn't North Laurels Bayley Rice play with this group of kids? I think he is also a top prospect as best incoming frosh.
-
Best Freshmen in your district?
Yes, he is playing with the 16u Travelers.
-
Best Freshmen in your district?
I agree. Saw where future 150 has him ranked 1 in the 2018 class I believe. Another service, I think in the state of ky had him at 4. So, I'm very surprised no one has mentioned him. May be due to the fact that he's not putting up big numbers like the others but heard he controls the middle of the paint on defense by blocking several shots a game. Not to mention he's just coming off an injury.
-
Cats Pause 13th Region Preview
Rice was an 8th grader when he played the half year at Corbin.
-
Cats Pause 13th Region Preview
I don't see the similarity In the two. Rice moved from Bell to Corbin because his parents divorced.
-
Cats Pause 13th Region Preview
Facts about the Rice kid. He never played for Bell County High School. He moved to Corbin as a 7th grader had to stay out a year cause he held back.
-
4th Annual Legacy Nissan Classic @ North Laurel High School Schedule Dec. 5-7
2018 NLHS Bayley Rice is Ranked #27 Nationally and ranked 5th Nationally as a Center. 2019 Broughton is ranked Nationally as well.
-
2018 Bayley Rice - North Laurel
Haters gonna hate I guess.
-
2018 Bayley Rice - North Laurel
I've seen the big guy play and he plays well. He has good foot work and a soft touch around the rim. I have seen where he is 27th in his class nationally and 5th best center nationally in that same class.