North Laurel at South Laurel predictions

North needs this one after what would have to be described as a "lackluster" start given the sub 500 record with high expectations coming into the season. I would have to think they have taken the break after the Holiday to try to right the ship. I am going with the premise that Coach Sizemore is going to have them ready for a strong kick in January with a big win over South Laurel.

Got to watch their big man who I hear is averaging around 20 a game. This is a high average for. Big man so he must get the ball thrown into him a lot. At least they'll know where the ball is going and be able to defend it.

I assume the freshman, Bayley Rice, will draw the defensive assignment to stop the ball coming in the post. I like his chances to contain the middle. Not sure what NL is running in terms of a defense, but Bayley is a very good defender and can hold his own with the older players. Not many will be stronger or bigger than him and he moves well on his feet.

I like the Grubbs kid from South. Can score in a variety of ways. He will have a tough defensive assignment trying to defend Broughton though.

South's big man isn't athletic but gets it done around the rim. Keeps the ball high on rebounds and post entries. Him v Rice should be a good match up.