Underclass Big Men

I've known of Rice and Keita for a while and they seem to have a bright future a head of them. Where does Walter go to school and how big is he, Mentsch?

Walter is a frosh at Covington Catholic. I'd say he's 6'8 or so. Developing his body. Moves better than I expected. Will get better with weightroom and conditioning.

The other CCH big we did not get to see this year is soph Ziegelmeyer. Really good football player. TE/OT. About 6'6 and growing. Really strong and physical. I was told he played well in the summer. Had injuries in football early and then had another injury that required surgery before the basketball season started.

• 1 month later...

I agree Rice would be my choice of bigs. Think he's ranked in the top 30 best big men in ky including all classes 2015-2018. Think he would have been in top 10 if he had got his hands on the ball more at north laurel. It's not good to see a great player like him with an high ceiling not be used.

Who are some of the best big men in the class of 2017 and 2018? I haven't heard a lot about any true big men coming up in Kentucky.

Zan Payne - Lexington Catholic 2018

Michael Moreno - Scott Co. 2019

Tre King - LCA 2017

Will be three really good ones before they are done. Payne has huge upside. Might be really really really good. Moreno as well. All 3 really solid.

• 1 month later...

In addition to the guys in the 11th I named above, I really like Dontell Brown of Dunbar's game. Not really saying he's going to top out at a huge level or anything, but I do think that there's a place for him at the next level at the right school.

11th:

Ross Jenkins - Lafayette (#1 overall at the moment)

Zan Payne - Lexington Catholic (long term potential)

Tre King - Lex. Christian (needs to develop, but could blow up)

Peter Whitman - Lexington Catholic (height)

DeAndre Dishman - Bryan Station (athleticism)

Dontell Brown - Dunbar (toughness)

That's what I'd say about each right now if I had to rate them and say what separates each from the pack right now.