Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2018 Bayley Rice - North Laurel

Featured Replies

Anyone seen this 6'8 frosh play?

 

One rating service has him at #27 in his class in the country.

Physically he is built like Division 1 college tight end. He has some of the widest shoulders you can find on a kid. When he mentally grows into his body he will be a load to handle in the paint. He loves to play with his back to the basket and is capable of making a great spin move. Like any big man, he just needs to continue to develop, but he is very skilled with good hands and feet. He is far and away the best post player in the 2018 class in KY and when he plays with a high motor, he is very good nationally as well. He has to work his way into great shape to be the dominant player he can become. I feel he is a player that with another couple inches growth to 6'10", he could be a high D1 major prospect.

North Laurel has a lot of young talent with Rice, Sizemore (2019), Broughton, and Asher.

Anyone seen this 6'8 frosh play?

 

One rating service has him at #27 in his class in the country.

 

I saw him play a little last year. He started out the season at Corbin and was getting to play a decent amount of varsity minutes, but apparently not enough as he transferred mid-year and finished the season at North Laurel. He has a lot of potential, needs to learn to play hard all the time, which should come as he progresses.

Did he start out playing with the (younger) Travelers team this past year?

I've seen him play. He has the potential to be an absolute stud. But I doubt that he will ever get the chance playing at north. That whole offense is geared around Broughton, and then u have asher who needs touches as well. Unless he plans on cleaning up there misses and being a garbage player. I don't see him sticking there. Plus there was rumors this summer that he was coming to a couple other teams. But in the right offense this kid could be special

I've seen the big guy play and he plays well. He has good foot work and a soft touch around the rim. I have seen where he is 27th in his class nationally and 5th best center nationally in that same class.

Not to take away from his ability, but is he another NorthLaurel player that's really old for his grade? Based on Twitter, Broughton and Asher recently celebrated their 17th birthdays. That's really old to be a sophomore. Again, they're all good players, but I think the ceiling gets a little lower when age comes into the equation. Since this topic seems to be about "potential", I thought it was relevant to address.

Did he start out playing with the (younger) Travelers team this past year?

 

No, he played with the 8th grade Kentucky Gators who played in many out of state events where he played against some of the best kids in the 2018 class. Through these events, he had the exposure to be ranked Nationally in his class because he played very well at times. When he did not play with a high motor, there were times he did not impact the game as he can. His potential is very high, especially if he grows another two inches or so. Then he is a legit center who will be a powerful force in the middle.

  • Author
Not to take away from his ability, but is he another NorthLaurel player that's really old for his grade? Based on Twitter, Broughton and Asher recently celebrated their 17th birthdays. That's really old to be a sophomore. Again, they're all good players, but I think the ceiling gets a little lower when age comes into the equation. Since this topic seems to be about "potential", I thought it was relevant to address.

 

He's a 2018 kid, correct? So that means he's a freshman. 17 yr old frosh?

Not to take away from his ability, but is he another NorthLaurel player that's really old for his grade? Based on Twitter, Broughton and Asher recently celebrated their 17th birthdays. That's really old to be a sophomore. Again, they're all good players, but I think the ceiling gets a little lower when age comes into the equation. Since this topic seems to be about "potential", I thought it was relevant to address.

 

I can't speak for Broughton & Asher, but Bayley is only one year older than some of his 2018 teammates who would normally graduate at 18. However, I would hardly call it really older for his grade. Many kids have repeated a grade in their school career and if you surveyed many BB teams you would find that to be the case with a significant portion schools. It seems to be popular in many regions, and in fact nationally it is pretty popular to re-classify the so called elite basketball players. When there are kids who are two years older than most of their classmates before school even starts than you start talking really older players.

He's a 2018 kid, correct? So that means he's a freshman. 17 yr old frosh?

 

He is not 17. Fact.

He is not 17. Fact.

 

I didn't say he was 17. I said that I had seen on Twitter that Broughton and Asher are 17. I believe Rice is 16.

  • Author
I didn't say he was 17. I said that I had seen on Twitter that Broughton and Asher are 17. I believe Rice is 16.

 

My fault.

A 16 yr old freshman and 17 yr old sophomores? :ohbrother:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.