Everything posted by Cobb18MKG14
-
Ashland @ Russell Predictions 9/11
Yes, obviously. Last year Russell controlled the line of scrimmage, but I think several of those big boys (Suman atleast) are gone. I think the much improved Ashland D and lines are the difference here.
-
Ashland 26 George Washington (WV) 25
He also missed 1 game last year because of the flood on the opening week.
-
Ashland @ Russell Predictions 9/11
I must say the I was a little bit surprised Ashland beat GW and I was shocked that Russell won in Ironton. So is Russell's QB still hurt? I imagine that will impact the game some on Friday. I think Ashland will be out for revenge, but I imagine this game will be fairly close. Turnovers and penalties will be huge (as they are in most game). I think Baker and Ashland's defense are too much. Ashland 28 Russell 13
-
Ashland @ Russell Predictions 9/11
I don't think Baker and Conley are even in the same universe. Conley is a nice high school back, but lets not get carried away.
-
Russell @ Ironton, OH Predictions 9/4
Ironton rolls 40 6
-
Ashland 28 Raceland 0 (Frosh)
Wow.
-
George Washington (WVA) @ #4 4A Ashland 9-4
I don't know what to think about this game. It is usually really close and GW always has a really good team. I saw their highlights on WSAZ and they look to have some studs. I think it all hinges on the Ashland D-line. If they play as well against the run as they did against Raceland then Ashland wins, if not I think GW has the edge. Should be a good one, I hope the Tomcats throw atleast 5 or 6 times.
-
Ashland 41 Raceland 21
Beast in the making? Based on what? A fumbled snap, 2 sacks, and a couple carries late in the 4th?
-
Ashland 41 Raceland 21
Ashland D was impressive as was Baker. I thought Dowdy played well, had 2 nice runs, one a 40 yard TD. I was unimpressed with Ratliff, he did have a couple decent runs but nothing groundbreaking. Once Kurtlen Brown gets going as QB play becomes more steady I think Ashland and JC will be one to remember. The Ashland D-Line was mighty impressive.
-
1A #2 Raceland @ 4A #4 Ashland 8-28
Typical to know something, or typical to stir the pot..?
-
Tomcat 'D' eager to sink teeth into 40th-anniversary season of JAWS defense
I don't know how this defense will live up to the JAWS defense...but Im certainly excited to see Chad Tackett's intensity transferred to our defensive unit. It will be nice to see them attack!
-
1A #2 Raceland @ 4A #4 Ashland 8-28
I don't really agree that having 3 capable choices at QB is a negative thing. I guess one could think that means they are all equally good or all equally bad. I'm not so sure there has been a delay in the decision but possibly a delay in the announcement..
-
1A #2 Raceland @ 4A #4 Ashland 8-28
I know who will be staring and I also know that any of the 3 possible QB's would play well and I don't think too much would/will be placed on their shoulers. I imagine the gameplan regardless will be to mostly run the ball, and all 3 QB's are capable runners. Minus any first game mistakes/jitters etc. I imagine the Ashland ground attack will churn out 300+ yards. Goodness, it sure is nice to be 24 hours from gameday. Lets hope there is no flood this year!
-
1A #2 Raceland @ 4A #4 Ashland 8-28
You do bring up a good point. Raceland has a game under their belt, will that help or hurt their cause? Ashland does have last weeks film to watch, but how much did Raceland show? Will their gameplan be vastly different that what Ashland will have watched on film this week? Personally, I think Raceland has the advantage having 1 game under their belts.
-
1A #2 Raceland @ 4A #4 Ashland 8-28
Ashland/Raceland is typically a really great game. Aside from a few Ashland blowouts this one is usually decided by 7 points or less. I have great respect for Raceland and their players always bring their A game to Putnam. I was surprised the West Carter played Raceland so close. Raceland could have been overlooking WC, or WC could be better, I have no idea. It seems that typically WC does not have a very strong team. It believe the Ashland O-line will be improved from last year and a Quinton Baker who is nearly 20lbs heavier and faster will simply be too much. You can nearly guarantee he will break atleast 2 big TD runs. Obviously who lines up at QB for Ashland and how they play will be critical...do we even know who that will be yet? Those 1st start jitters may certainly have an effect early on. It will be interesting to see K. Brown and what he can do for the Tomcats ground game. The weather looks goof for Friday, cant wait. I think Baker goes for 250+ Ashland 34 Raceland 21
-
Ashland QB?
I really wish there was a game tonight. :irked:
-
Ashland QB?
Not named yet...
-
Ashland QB?
Yes, this is true.
-
Ashland QB?
Here's my two cents. The freshman kid is good, looks like a natural QB. You can tell he has played the position at a pretty high level. Moves well, throws pretty well, looks really comfortable in the pocket and rolling out. Dowdy throws a good ball, seems to have good speed, but is small. I think he could do a good job at QB, but durability might be an issue. Roberts is built well and shook off several tackles during the scrimmage. To me he seems to be the better athlete, but would most likely be used better at RB. He did throw atleast 1 INT against Spring Valley. My gut says they go with Dowdy to start the year, because I would imagine he is one of the faster kids on the team...and might not have spent much time getting reps at another position, wouldn't want him to get stuck on the sidelines. Roberts will be a nice compliment to Baker and Brown in the backfield. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Paintsville kid takeover at QB if either Roberts or Dowdy struggle.
-
East Carter 29 Ashland 28
Never thought about that LOL, haven't listened to any games.
-
East Carter 29 Ashland 28
Yeah, your right. I had forgotten about those two...
-
East Carter 29 Ashland 28
You mean problems in the past masked by kids like Corey Gregg, Kyle Bush, and Dixson? If so, then I agree.
-
East Carter 29 Ashland 28
Earlier in the thread people mentioned Adam Howard. Well Im pretty sure Howard isn't a certified teacher and I just cant imagine him working a regular ol' job in Ashland that could work around the crazy schedule of a high school basketball coach. I would love Adam to be our coach, but its a pipe dream in my opinion.
-
East Carter 29 Ashland 28
Its deeper than just running in practice etc. You have tried to boil something down to its most basic parts, when people who are around Ashland know there have been issues for several years.
-
East Carter 29 Ashland 28
But it does go straight to the heart of being a coach that players want to play for.