Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rickyp

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rickyp

  1. Those few are Russell, Ashland, Boyd, Elliott, Rowan, and Rose Hill. With that said it is impossible for all of those schools to be in Morehead. The 64th will eliminate a good team.
  2. The only teams that would have had a chance were the Male team with Bobby Turner and the Griffith guy and the Ballard team that Frances mentioned. HHS would beat Clay Co and Paintsville by 30 and it's good to see that a member of JR Vanhoose's family is posting under the name JD if you please.
  3. You are probably spot on. I have told several involved that this may not be our year but it sure is fun to be in the hunt. I too think Russell is the team to beat but in a current poll I wouldn't rank them #1 after this past week.
  4. Not to mention the top ranked team lost once and the game they won they were down by 16 in the third quarter to team that is ranked 13th. :confused:
  5. I hope Rose Hill keeps slipping in the poll because that means their winning.
  6. :laugh: Seriously though, how can he justify his actions? It is obviously some sort of vendeta.
  7. Thomas was exceptional tonight. My real question is how could the same official who obsessed over Chad Jackson's jersey last Saturday let a player from each team play the entire 2nd half with their shirts untucked?
  8. I don't think it is an excuse but it is a legitimate factor. I think this will be a very competitive game in a loud gym. I think Ashland has an edge but it is slight. I really like the fact that all the games in the region are so competitive this year.
  9. Hard to argue with those choices. I would say that Shawn Johnson at Raceland would make the list. As would Marv Meridith from Russell.
  10. I'm kind of suprised there hasn't been more talk about this game. I find it hard to believe that it has been a year since AT41 lost the rights to his forehead. Should be a great atmosphere in Westwood this evening. Thoughts?
  11. I just returned from my trip with shooter. Seriously guys aliens are good people we were treated like family. I think this game shows that whoever wins the 16th region will have to earn it. I still think Russell is the team to beat but they will have to put together 4 good efforts in Morehead to get to Rupp and that is how it should be. Now the real question is what does this do to the Cubster's poll?
  12. Frances, it is true that I was in the room with the AD's during the meeting. The forms was signed the previous year, 2005, and there was no chance that Rose Hill was going to be the host sight last year. To give you a deeper explainatioin, all 4 schools have to agree on the site. If 1 school objects then the KHSAA would have to step in and make the decision. At that time they (the KHSAA) would use their guidelines, that were presented in the memo to determine the site. Since the form that was signed in 2005 listed the site for 2006 as TBA then a vote of all 4 schools was necessary in 2006. Now understand that in 2008 when Ashland is hosting no vote will be taken due to form that has them, not TBA, written in as the host site, regardless of past attendance. The purpose of he phone call was to see what would happen if all 4 schools could not come to an agreement on the site. If there was no objection to Rose Hill hosting then there would have been no reason for a phone call to the KHSAA. Once Tackett gave his explaination then there was no need to draw it out to a vote. The only decision was whether to move it to Boyd or Raceland. All 4 schools were fine with either and Rose Hill choose Boyd as the site. I'm like scooterbob, my hat is off to them. Rose Hill and Fairview were outsmarted. I said it once and I will say it again in the 2005 district meeting Rose Hill and Fairview walked directly into a haymaker. Give credit where it is due. I take exception the the playing dumb position. Quite honestly it is an insult to the intelligence of those who where there, and please understand I don't mean this to be directed at you. I just wish that someone would take credit for a very shrewd job. If you want to hear it first hand I'm sure scooterbob would be happy to let you listen to the tape. Then you won't have to rely on my word or anyone else's.
  13. Let me ask this question. If the true purpose of the letter was to set the criteria then why will Ashland be hosting regardless of the average attendance for the previous 5 years? Ashland will play the tournament in their gym even if the average attendance numbers are too high for their gym. That is where the slick move came in. The form that every school signed off on has the host site as TBA when Fairview and RH host but clearly states Ashland as the host site when it comes their turn. As an example is the attendance average for the 5 years preceeding Ashland's turn to host was 2000 then in theory their gym would not be big enough. However, due to the form that the schools signed they will have the tournament at their gym anyway. So in essence it wasn't about following any guideline set forth by the KHSAA, if that were the case then the site would have been listed at TBA every year not just when Rose Hill and Fairview are the host school. I hope that makes sense. I'm not sure I have done a very good job explaining the situation.
  14. Nice win for Boyd but Russell is still the team to beat.
  15. Just to clear things up alittle the phone call was fielded by Julian Tackett. The letter that was sent out was a suggested guideline for each district to determine their site. The key thing is guideline, not a mandate. Unfortunately Rose Hill and Fairview just believed their district brethern and lead with their chin.
  16. I don't think anyone has ever claimed that RH was about and beyond the rest of the region. This isn't a shocker, Boyd is good and Russell wasn't going to win every region game.
  17. or Bob Wright. Patterson was an unbelievable winner. From Rose Hill I would go with the current coach, Tim Fraley.
  18. I think scooterbob has answered this as well as should be answered on this forum. Let me just say for the record that it is over and done. I personally have no problem with playing the tournament every year at Boyd but that isn't going to happen regardless of the number of people who want to attend.
  19. If the concern is turning people away then always have it at Boyd. Lets assume for a miniute that Ashland is the host and 4000 people want to attend.
  20. Stinger I completely agree that Ashland plays a quality schedule year in and year out. I will say that Rose Hill and Russell have played schedules that are just as tough. I mean I can say has Ashland played Doss, Central, or Ballard and yes Rose Hill has played Mason. Your point is taken and I like I said I agree that Ashland plays a tough schedule.
  21. I agree with everything but the word facilities. Change it to facility and I can go with it.
  22. Excellent post bogeyman. The region is Russell's to lose.
  23. I guess I had my expectations to high. The bottomline is this, no matter what the average attendance totals are over the next few years, Rose Hill and Fairview will never hold the tournament in their gyms yet Ashland and Boyd will because of the way the form was filled out. In other words the average attendance could be 3,000 and Ashland's 1800 seat gym could still hold the tournament.
  24. Actually the slick job was done 2 years ago. This years host is Boyd and it will be played at Boyd. Next years host is Ashland and it will be played at Ashland and the following year the host is Fairview and it won't be played at Fairview.
  25. I think the Rose Hill/Fairview game and the Russell/Raceland game would support your thoughts. I think it is just a great deal of fun for my team to be included in the discussion.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.