Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cataholic

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cataholic

  1. You obviously know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Coach Combs! I am sure you have never played an organized school sport in your life.
  2. I guess that the rest of the high schools baseball coaches feel different since he was inducted to the Kentucky High School Baseball Coaches Hall of Fame this past February. I do not think "mediocre" gets in the hall of fame!
  3. Shelby is 6'8" and that's a fact...Jack!
  4. The previous score was 66-51...fifteen points and MOCO had one starter hurt and another just back from being out after Scott Co tournament. Will win tonight by as much!
  5. Montgomery is deep and at Mason, Omar was in foul trouble early so 2 Freshman and 2 Sophomores played a considerable amount of minutes with Wallace out that game and still won by double digits. Against Scott it was Wallace's first game back and 11 players contributed in playing time that game and won by double digits. Have not played Brossart but Montgomery is playing their best ball right now...they are the team that they need to be to advance! Love Happy's team!!
  6. Seeding is the only way to have your best teams to represent your district...it is CRAZY to have a blind draw regardless if the regional advance is one or two teams. I cannot imagine if the NCAA was a blind draw! It all needs to be seeding!
  7. I was at the game, have watched the video, and looked at multiple pictures of the event and if you were not there to see how physical the game was....it is very hard to make a judgement. This is not the first fight or aggressive behavior in high school basketball. Yes, it is very disappointing that it escalates to that point but there is often emotions firing and players are "fighting" hard to give 110% to their team. They are high school kids and not adults so it has to be a learning process of development and maturity. If other schools or coaches make a judgement about these teams for one altercation, that is plain wrong. It was a good game with both teams playing hard! It is unfortunate that the main focus has been the fight incident.
  8. I do not believe any fans would want to see an adult grab a kid around the neck, by the neck or around the back of the neck/throat area. Obviously all fans, including you have an opinion of what they saw. I do not believe eyewitness testimony in any situation is 100% accurate.
  9. Private schools have students that choose to come there or that their parents can afford to send them to a private school. In public school, it is what it is! Mac Whitaker is an excellent coach...never seen him through a fit on the field! Right..at the regional tournament this year he threw the runner-up trophy in the garbage and another coach came back to get it. I guess if some people scream, yell and cuss ... they are still good mentors. Perception is reality.
  10. He has moved on...maybe you need to. I am sure that his sons will be there playing since they are at Montgomery. And, you never know what the season will bring ..Coach Combs has had teams there before....
  11. Does not sound like they have the same recruiting budget that Hazard, PCC, and Knott has. I believe that makes a big difference in the ability to compete.
  12. Have not seen it yet but am excited to see all the Lexington teams listed!
  13. HAHAHAHA...you haven't a clue. I know exactly who you are talking about and I was only Joking about BT. This is ridiculous.
  14. I think Brian Tuttle is too old to play baseball....maybe softball!! LOL
  15. There were many games that came down to very close plays and decisions and whether or not a team ran rally to bring home the win. There is a lot of talent but there are too many individuals on the team too many years. It is always wonderful to win and the kids to a wonderful job when you are winning but when you loose the coach does a terrible job. Goodluck to Coach Combs at Wolfe Co. I know they are pleased to have you. And, Goodluck to Montgomery Co. I hope they can pull together as a team and produce what this COMMUNITY expects.
  16. You do not where my info comes from either. You do not know if my son played if not.
  17. I am sure he will and he has the support! As far as Montgomery, time will tell but not this year...it is an inherited team that has taken 3 previous years to prepare. Let's determine that in the next couple of years with Hackett's building. Especially now they are moving the fence in...little Johnny can hit homeruns now!
  18. Combs offered to go to gym or batting cage anytime, any season, and any day of the week. He offered that to ALL the players. I know cause have one. Your info is second hand info and only rumors either from a disgruntled parent or bench warmer...no true fact to your statements.
  19. And you sound like the new district office staff.
  20. I could care less who AD is or was or plays like he/ she is. You need to realize if you have ever coached and a senior misses a sign that cosy an out....you DO something to get the attention of him.and the rest of the team. You can teach in practice, give individual lessons, baby them, give everyone a trophy, let everyone play.... Oh wait this is High school BASEBALL......NOT REC LEAGUE. Have you been to high school basketball game or football game...no profanity there!! Come on....
  21. Do not let your so called facts be mislead by second hand info. I know for personal experience what Really happened on a daily basis. Time will tell the truth.....
  22. It was not because it was not taught. Coach Combs worked well with pitchers that wanted him to work with them. You can offer extra, above and beyond but if the kids do not come in for individual work....that is not the coach's fault.
  23. You obviously know nothing about coaching...no fit if rage or equipment destroyed. A bench that belonged to the coach to get a player's attention.....BIG difference!! The coaches ability or the success of the teams at Montgomery County have absolutely nothing to do with the AD!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.