Everything posted by jolmstead
- Breandon Johnson is leaving Holmes?
-
Treyveon Percell (X) first offer
Congratulations! Last time I looked, Indiana States' cash was just as green as Alabama, OSU or even Louisville!
- Breandon Johnson is leaving Holmes?
- Breandon Johnson is leaving Holmes?
-
Breandon Johnson is leaving Holmes?
I believe there has been enough commentary here to come to the conclusion that Mr. Johnson is not living up to athletic and/or academic expectations , and is rejecting disciplinary measures to get him back on coarse. It appears to me that that the mature thing to do is to reconcile with the Holmes staff and accept the discipline forthcoming. Shame on any outside program that does not realize that this is in the kid's best interest and think's only of the impact this kid would have on their team success.
-
Patty Oliveros out at Ryle?
Sorry, the experience was a little to personal to the humor in it.
-
Patty Oliveros out at Ryle?
Nell, as far I know, never attacked her kids personally. Challenge, deliver f-bombs a plenty, yes. Personal attacks, no.
-
Patty Oliveros out at Ryle?
No argument here. Just another example of the behavior that was tolerated in that program.
-
Expectations at Ryle
Perhaps against the elite programs in the state, but not against the majority of competition in this state.
-
Expectations at Ryle
Funny, I have same thought whenever there is a change of possession in a 1A game, and only three kids come off the field!
-
Expectations at Ryle
I can show video of one SK sophomore consistently pancaking his BW opponent. Shall I post it for you?
-
Patty Oliveros out at Ryle?
Lawnboy, be carefull. you are opening up some old wounds that really need to heal. I also can testify to the verbal abuses already mentioned in this thread and elsewhere. I had two nieces transfer out of that program because the situation became intolerable. Verbal abuse was part of this woman's coaching style. In our case, there were multiple meetings with the administration that resulted in NO CHANGE in behavior. In fact, playing time was reduced as a direct consequence of approaching the administration. If someone else was coaching this program, it would of had Jenna Crittenden and Sydney Moss playing at the same time. The list of players that have transferred out of this program in just the last 5 five years were collected, you would have an instant state title contended, and maybe even a national power.
-
How much injury risk does playing kids both ways expose them to?
With the very unfortunate shortening of the careers of Travis Elliot and Tate Nichols I was considering the question that in the heat of competitive passion, do some of the more skilled kids get overused and does this lead to elevated injury risk. I remember when Travis first got hurt against Colerain and read that he was hurt PLAYING DEFENSE, I was amazed. Why risk your franchise player, who is taking a lot hits on the offensive side of the ball on defense?
-
Do Any Football Teams Cut Players?
I like the idea of conditioning standards for making a football team. Although I don't know exactly what they should be, conditioning criteria not only would improve team performance, but reduce injury risk.
-
Patty Oliveros out at Ryle?
Can someone confirm? Makes sense because her daughter is a senior.
-
What a year for NDA's sports teams
Why such sour grapes? NDA had a great year on court, field and arena. Let them enjoy it!
-
One of Simon Kenton's biggest fans has passed away
Mr. and Mrs. Wagner are Simon Kenton Football. During the 70's they mortgaged their home to seed the funding for SK football. May Mr. Randall rest in peace.
-
Seth Hope From Highlands Picks Up Offer
Heard the Harvard offer was academic, not athletic. Is that true?
-
Early Primary School Enrollment and High School Football
I don't think Mr. Sixer understands the stages of puberty. In many kids, they accumulate body fat prior to growth. And if they do not have this body fat, growth can be stunted. This observed in inner city and in rural adolescent populations. This has nothing to do with the quality of conditioning. As for Trinity and St. X, they should be playing prep academies, or in a league like the GCL, who have the same advantages they do. Tuition students with no enrollment boundaries. T and X playing public schools, especially in KY, is just flat out exploitative.
-
Expectations at Ryle
Del
-
Boone County 2013/2014
Is Boone's coaching staff still intact?
-
SK's Bosse signs with Lindsey Wilson
SK?s Bosse Signs With Lindsey Wilson | NKYfan.com Congratulations!
-
SK's Jacob Huesman commits
Congratulations Jacob!
-
Rivals Camp at Lakota West August 20th
The level of competition at the Ohio camps is very high. Lots of great athletes everywhere. Its worth the short drive just to spectate. Christian Olmstead (SK LT 2015) will be attending.
-
Early Primary School Enrollment and High School Football
Another slant to this argument is that many males are just not ready for college at age 17. This article in Forbes notes the declining number of males entering college. The Male-Female Ratio in College - Forbes I believe this trend is destructive and needs to be reversed. Unfortunately, for us it is too late to hold back our son. I believe studies like this one support an academic argument for either delaying enrollment, or extending an early one.