Everything posted by Whackem'n'Stackem'
-
Highlands / Covington Catholic (Predictions)
49-0 at the half.
-
Highlands / Covington Catholic (Predictions)
Elder puts up 38 but CCH drops 49 on the Birds? sucka please.
-
Highlands / Covington Catholic (Predictions)
I sense a nervous tension on both sides. We may have an unprecedented stand clearing brawl after this one. It would trump the Patreaus headlines, imo. Birds by 100.
-
Highlands / Covington Catholic (Predictions)
Supplanted and now provocation? Big bird is obviously trying to trip up ABC!
-
Highlands / Covington Catholic (Predictions)
Of all the variables in this one, one thing stands out; Turnovers. If the Birds stay turnover free, they win easy.
-
Highlands / Covington Catholic (Predictions)
Heaven forbid, a Cov. Cath win friday night would make up for the past 5 yrs worth of lashings dealt by the Birds, IMO.
-
Highlands / Covington Catholic (Predictions)
I'd say just about all of Northern Kentucky.
-
Career Stats for Towles, Gino, and Jared?
Thanks for the platform Clyde and I don't mean to hijack but where does RunDMC fit in to the equation? I'd say he's one of the most talented athletes to come out of Highlands in quite awhile. I would pick him up at recess before I would pick Towles. No disrespect to Patrick of course.
-
Highlands / Covington Catholic (Predictions)
The 4A state title game will be played this coming Friday in Fort Thomas. Believe it.
-
4A Playoffs: Boyle County at Lexington Catholic
I think Boyle shocks Lex Cath this week. Remember boys, 4qtrs.
-
Highlands 52 Ashland 13
I never knew Birdsfan was a man of Dale. Or is it God? Or perhaps, both?
-
Highlands 52 Ashland 13
Sure they were trying for home runs but that's not their usual offense. They could have put this thing out of reach much earlier but for some reason they chose to work on other things. I thought they'd come out all business. Not funny business. Next week will be much different. The Birds look extremely good and McCoy has turned into quite a passer. Their short to mid range passing game is very well refined.
-
Highlands 52 Ashland 13
Sure they were trying for home runs but that's not their usual offense. They could have put this thing out of reach much earlier but for some reason they chose to work on other things. I thought they'd come out all business. Not funny business. Next week will be much different. The Birds look extremely good and McCoy has turned into quite a passer. Their short to mid range passing game is very well refined.
-
Highlands 52 Ashland 13
I totally disagree with Birdsfan and Walter. In the first half, yes it was definitely a scare, but Highlands used none of their bread and butter. McCoy was intercepted b/c he just threw it up there deep like a hail mary directed at no one. Yes a bird was in the general target area but nothing like his 2nd half bomb to Turner where it was right on the money. Everyone knows the deep balls aren't their strength offensively. Seidl wasn't used, Harris sparingly, and McCoy was very accurate with the mid range passes. It was like Dale was wanting to spread out their defense and then hit them with the old 1 2. That first half was not your typical Bluebird offense. It was like they were toying with Ashland. They did nothing they normally do on offense. Deep passes every series? Come on. The defense kept stopping Ashland so the game was never in jeopardy. The 2nd half the Birds went to their bread and butter and blasted them like every other team they've played. McCoy had open field most of the first half but chose to air it out. This won't happen with CCH. It will be a fight for every first down. And as we remember, there were alot of 3rd and 5's against CCH. Depth had nothing to do with this game. If Highlands stayed within their game in the first half, it's a running clock.
-
Ashland / Highlands Predictions?
Clyde's RunDMC will put on a show this evening thus sparking idle chat across the Commonwealth; "Mr. Football". McCoy sends you a message tonight.
-
Ashland / Highlands Predictions?
I just checked the KDFWR website and noticed Tomcat season starts Nov. 9th at 7:30. No weapon exclusions.
-
Covington Catholic 67 Rowan County 3
Guess Rowan was viewed as the first round guinea pig. I am sure they loved being in that position.
-
Ashland / Highlands Predictions?
I smell a trap myself. No blowouts here. Birds will do what it takes to win with as minimal effort required. Weapons will be reloaded for following week.
-
Covington Catholic/Johnson Central Predictions
Colonels 42-14
-
Ashland / Highlands Predictions?
Birds shaking off some ring rust; 42-21
-
Covington Catholic 67 Rowan County 3
Guess they needed a confidence booster at the expense of Rowan Co.
-
Ashland 41 Holmes 14
When you kids stop crying could someone actually post something constructive on this thread?
-
Highlands 56 Boyd County 14
McCoy with one qtr of play, no starting RB's, cold, no Seidl on kickoffs, Birds up by 30+ points kick an onside kick and recover, hot chocolate was lukewarm, and my kid hit me up for a $10 spot.
-
Ryle cancels series against Highlands!!!
This gem is like music to my ears.
-
Why does Highlands have such difficulty scheduling NKY teams???
I've heard it from several insiders who keep close tabs on the farm system. Mark my word, when the Birds have a down year, there will be many teams licking their chops to run up the score. Not saying it's right, but it would happen.....and without a moments hesitation.