Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nkypete

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nkypete

  1. I was kind of hoping to take another trip to Nashville to see the Bengals play the Titans. But not anymore.
  2. With Denver's win over Cleveland on MNF, the chances for the Bengals to make the playoffs has now slipped to 2% according to NFL.com. https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture
  3. That show was golden comedy.
  4. I thought this was hilarious! You couldn't stop and stand watching the race without a ticket. But some people figured out that if they could keep moving up and down on escalators during the race, security and the police would leave them alone!
  5. Maybe for the Bengals too. NFL teams despise Thursday night games because of how it affects their planning and travel.
  6. Yep, that actually works better for me to have this game on the following Sunday.
  7. I am the typical Bengals fan. With media speaking on the highly unlikely path to the playoffs for the Bengals, I will watch the Steelers game in a spirit of hope and anticipation. If my hopes are dashed once again, I will go through the 5 stages of grief (Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance) and wait for the next game. If the Bengals win, the ante goes up as they go take on the Cowboys. If they win that, I will be on such a high that I will suggest to my wife that we go take a road trip to Nashville for the Titans game. The process continues until the Bengals either reach the playoffs or are eliminated (in which case I start thinking about draft position and the state of the roster for next year). If it is truly the latter, I might find myself on the roof of my house which, with my luck, would be snow covered and slippery.
  8. I think you are being too kind. I think the picture should show when the tornado hit the junky home and the overhang smashed the fancy car.
  9. Ugh. Got a Jersey Mike's next door to my building in downtown Cincinnati. I use their app. Same order. Down the elevator and about 100 steps and I have my work lunch. Great for rainy days.
  10. Why did the programmer quit his job? Because he didn't get arrays.
  11. The all orange was cool on opening day. The loss to the Patriots was not cool, however.
  12. I think it is just the pants and helmets that will be orange Sunday night. I believe that the jerseys will be white.
  13. It will be interesting to see if this can develop into a rivalry in the upcoming years (even though the schools are in different districts). I think a majority of the world views Brossart as the "little Campbell County brother" to NCC. I would love to see Adam K and the Mustangs get the win, but I would also think that the Breds might be too much for them.
  14. I graduated from Moeller in 1978. My class only saw ONE loss in the 4 years that I was there. It was an unreal atmosphere. I did not play football myself although I did try out (but was cut). I went to grade school with Bob Crable (who I see every month now when we do some charity work together). Gerry Faust was my typing teacher. He would play recordings for us teaching us how to use the new IBM selectric typewriters. That freed him up to leave the room to do "coaching" stuff. There was a time when I misbehaved badly in class and I felt his wrath with a hard punch to the chest (that was the style of discipline in private schools in the 70's). In the lunch room, it was no big deal to see Joe Paterno, Woody Hayes and Dan Devine walking through to get to Faust's office. If Elder or Princeton would be driving against the Crusaders, he would tell the players to grab hands and say a "Hail Mary". At rallies, he could fire up a student body like no other. In those days, Moeller would outdraw the Reds on some nights. I'll missy "Fuzzy". RIP.
  15. The Bengals got this. They are wearing orange pants.
  16. Gerry Faust, who was famously plucked from Moeller high school in Cincinnati to lead Notre Dame's storied football program in 1981, died Monday, his family confirmed in a statement. He was 89. I have so many Faust stories because I graduated from Moeller in 1978 during the initial glory years of the football program. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/I'd/42346152/gerry-faust-bold-experiment-notre-dame-coach-dies-89
  17. I have a Red Lobster gift card in my kitchen drawer. Maybe I ought to use it sooner rather than later. I had the same issue a couple years ago with a Ruby Tuesday gift card. The one in Cold Spring closed and we ended up going all the way to Sharonville, OH to use the gift card.
  18. Final. Here is the stat summary for the game. TurboStats GameCast for Football: Holy Cross Indians_vs_Newport Wildcats Act II was almost identical to Act I from last week. The Newport Wildcats advance in the 1A playoffs by defeating the Covington Holy Cross Indians 35-0. RB Rodzion Thompson rushed for 61 yards at 2 TDs. QB Kyle Lee was 15-18 for 224 yards and 3 TDs (49 yards to Kendall Buck-Barber, 12 yards to Keegan Farrell and 19 yards to Kayvelon Sharp). The Indians were held to 90 yards rushing and 2 yards passing. Newport (8-2) will travel to play at Ludlow next Friday night. Covington Holy Cross finishes the season 3-8.
  19. Well, if he is another "healthy scratch" tonight, I think we know how the Bengals feel about him.
  20. At this point, I'm not sure where Burton's mind and heart are. I'm all in favor of second chances, but maybe not Thursday Night Football against your biggest divisional foe in their place.
  21. I'll let my daughter-in-law know. Thanks.
  22. My daughter-in-law suggested putting them in the American Sign Museum in Cincinnati.
  23. The saddest picture you may see today - the Frisch's Big Boy Graveyard.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.