Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#10NtheProgram

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by #10NtheProgram

  1. I got Russell in this one just for the simple fact that Greenup never beats Russell at home and I don't think this is the team to buck that trend.
  2. I'm not saying it wont work but I don't think Greenup has the type of offensive line right now to run this type of offense. Team speed is one thing but team strength is another. We were just getting blown off the ball. It's hard to let a play develope when your QB can't take a step back before he has someone on him. I know all these things will come around, just like you touched on with the cramping situation. Once Coach has a full season in under his belt I have no doubts we will have one of the strongest/conditioned teams in the area. I'm just saying it might be a long year if the blocking don't get better.
  3. This has been Greenups problem for years. The playbook has never been that balanced to begin with but when you run the ball 45 times out of 46 plays its not that hard to stop. You know it, I know it, therefore I'm sure the other coach knows it. Stack the box, stop the run, game over.
  4. That is the sad part, most fans in Greenup do bail after one loss. I was at the game last nite and was surrounded by at least 12 dads and 2 moms who knew for a fact they could get out there and do it better. It's times like those that make it hard to be associated with Greenup sports. Everybody always thinks they have the answer to fix things, but never recognize when good things around them are happening. Hate to use it but here it goes...."Rome was not built in a day."
  5. Hey Coup I got bad news.....One game and already some rumblings in the crowd about the coach. How sad is that after one game? Like I said a few weeks back we got a good coach, it's just a matter of giving him a chance. People need to be understanding and give him some time, it's not like he took over the best team in the district. All in all I thought the team showed great effort but was hurt by bad line play. We just got man handled up front, which hurts bad with the type of offense we are trying to run. Until it improves this could be a long year. Great game by Lyle other than that not too many more brite spots.
  6. How far back are we talking? McPeek/Maynard was puting a pretty good product on the field from mid 90's to early 00's.
  7. Still such a sad story.
  8. Does the football team have anything planed to honor Zac? Me and my wife was talking the other day that we thought it would be nice if there were t-shirts with GCHS football on the front and Meanach 3 on the back. We dont have the funds to get this started but i think it would be really cool to see the whole greenup side filled with people wearing this t-shirts.:thumb:
  9. Sorry to hear that I was looking forward to seeing him blow up again. Going anywhere else? Who is taking the Rose Hill job? Would anybody want it?
  10. I was just wondering because I thought I heard a while back that there baseball team was actually begining to head in the right direction.
  11. I read on an earlier post that there could be "sanctions" handed out. Will these "sanctions" effect all programs or just the basketball team.
  12. Will this effect other programs at the school such as baseball, softball, and so forth.
  13. Thanks PureFan I can finally start planing out my Fridays......and Saturday.
  14. Anybody got a full GCHS schedule? I went to gchsfootball.org but it doesnt seem to be posted yet. Great site by the way.....if it ever gets finished.
  15. Thanks for the welcome, its great to find a place to share thoughts and hopes about all things sports. GO GREENUP!!!
  16. I just hope it all works for the best. GCHS fans have a tendency to be like UK fans and not give a new coach a fair shake, but seeing the things going on in Greenup reminds me alot of whats taking place in Lexington. Thanks for the new hope, to both coaches, Cal and Cope.
  17. All true, but the loss of Logan, Craft, and Martin will be huge holes for Greenup to fill. Logan leaving i think hurts the most b/c as anyone knows the catcher makes the difference in high school. One blocked ball or thrown out runner is the differnce between a win or a loss.
  18. Anyone know who won the games? Not even sure if they played...im guessing rainout.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.