Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nkufan88

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nkufan88

  1. Dang these guys look nasty lol...
  2. Dude every team in the state has guys that can flex there muscles and look intimidating for a picture...These guys are high school kids and Trinity is no cupcake they have guys that are just as good if not better...Ha and blitzing every time is a recipe for getting blown out...WOW is all I can say they better show more than they did against SK if they wanna beat Trinity this time of year...
  3. This is all I was trying to say in my above post...Greenwood is not Trinity bottom line...Good post loubballfan
  4. Being a fan of Simon Kenton I would say all Trinity has to do is watch film of the second half of the SK vs X game and they should get the W...Knowing the tradition of Trinity I know they have to be much deeper than SK was and probably faster with much better coaching, but I believe if Trinity takes a page outta Coach Marksberrys game plan from SK and mixes in some different looks of there own Trinity should get the W...A few observations are its possible to shred the X secondary with the pass because they just aren't very good and on defense if Trinity keys on the X running game as SK did in the second half then X shouldn't move the ball to well because there passing game is non existent...I'm gonna take the Shamrocks in this one because of better coaching and equally as good players and athletes if not better...Trinity 31- X 14
  5. Hmm I don't recall but I may have missed it...Just trying to contribute to the thread but thanks for your 2cents homer...I believe lots of things have been discussed on here before...I think you just hit a Grand Slam:clap:
  6. http://www.maxpreps.com/local/stats/pregame.aspx?contestid=9dc1e0bd-bbda-4fb1-ac51-7cc895c84852&ssid=f11d21e3-d9ab-4c9b-974b-ff4fcfed5c76 Shows pregame information for this match up...Pretty cool but you might have to sign up to read it
  7. wow I had no ideas that when X played Henry Clay it was just a preseason scrimmage game, yet we have people on here trying to compare that to SK playing them in mid season form that's funny...I'd say shutting a team out in preseason is just a tad bit different than playing them mid season...
  8. Ill be there posting updates from my blackberry...After the game I'm gonna celebrate a victory at the PUB and getting ready for the Shammys in the state finals
  9. What I love about this post is the fact that strong O hit the nail right on the coffin here...Another thing to love being an SK fan is HC probably is the fastest team in the state and yet its not like they blew SK off the field in there only loss of the season...SK can play and beat anybody that's just going to rely on fundamental sound physical football and they have done it all season long usually by about 4 or 5 TDS...I know ST.X is a traditional powerhouse but the blowouts SK has had all season equates to a 1TD or maybe 2TD victory over X
  10. Very true other than Miles Simpson who is second in the state in rushing and Chad Lawrence who is fourth in the state in passing as well as having nearly 1000 yards on the ground I'm not sure anyone would make that all star team...However I also believe this is why All Star games count for nothing and that So Cal on the College F ball scene would overwhelm Stanford in terms of all star caliber players, but at the end of the day they both strapped on the pads and they were both very good f ball teams but Stanford won 55-21 on Saturday, just thought I'd bring it up again...I am a straight shooter...
  11. I agree with this statement there is no way any team in the state has the skill position players with the speed of HC, HC is on another level IMO and Manual is up there as well...I also believe that speed can be contained but fundamentally sound run in up the gut football with the most physical back in the state in MR. Simpson plus the fact he has 4.5 speed and having a Dual Threat quarterback like Chad Lawrence is going to be hard to stop for any team and that's what SK is all about...
  12. I didn't point you out individually no need to get defensive, I can tell by your user name your a shammy...And there is no need to pull quotes to defend my post as its fairly obvious that there are many posts where it is made to believe this is a David vs Goliath match up because X is too deep and too fast...My point was college football and high school football arent much different and upsets happen especially when their not that major...SK over X is really not much of an upset in terms of this year, in terms of history and traditon yea it is but that doesn't matter this Friday...O and the potatoes are growing really good over here in my home country of Ireland:thumb:
  13. St. X fans are sure looking past everyone though...In comparison to college football to St. X fans X is like mighty USC year in and year out and the game against SK is like USC vs San Jose St in which USC would dominate...But really this game is like USC vs Stanford in which X has more talent and depth and tradition but Stanford comes into there house and knocks off the almighty USC something like 55-21 idk exactly but it happened on saturday...This friday Sk will do the same thing to ST.X because upsets happen especially when the gap in team talent isn't what its made out to be, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!! Go NEERS
  14. Miles plays one of the safety positions, with Sage Powell playing the other safety spot...Probably the fastest safety combo in the state...
  15. 6A Top 10 Stat Leaders Rushing Player School Gms Att Yds TD Avg Miles Simpson Simon Kenton 11 189 1994 35 181 Chad Lawrence Simon Kenton 11 136 942 11 86 Lamont McMurry St. Xavier 11 61 709 9 64 Michael Montano St. Xavier 10 60 592 6 59 Passing Gms Att Cmp Int Yds TD P-GM Chad Lawrence Simon Kenton 11 148 85 5 1491 17 136 Lucas Brohm St. Xavier 9 36 16 0 308 5 34 Recieving Gms Rec Yds TD YD P-GM TD P-GM Zach Carroll Simon Kenton 11 25 439 5 40 0.5 NO X PLAYER MAKES LIST Scoring Leaders Individual MILES SIMPSON LEADS THE STATE WITH MORE THAN DOUBLE THE CLOSEST X PLAYER Scoring Leaders Team SK LEADS STATE WITH X IN SECOND SK ALSO LEADS THE STATE IN SCORING MARGIN, with x in second again...Very interesting indeed, X is so fast and deep they could beat UofL:banana:
  16. I believe comparing scores just shows X is far from invincible like some seem to believe...By comparing scores I see that SK is more than capable of giving X all they want and with 18 year old young men fighting for what they dream about in a state title I'll take SK with the upset because they sure don't earn much respect for the offensive firepower and timely defense they have possessed all season long!!! X beat manual by a TD and Sk beat the by a TD and FG...X beat Butler 35-7 and SK beat them 49-7...X beat boone 49-0 and SK beat them 63-21...This theory doesn't always hold true when comparing similar oppenents but I believe your way off base by saying SK has NO chance...NO chance that this game is blowout like you seem too think it will be!!!:ylsuper:
  17. I believe its a 2td game either way...I just can't pull against SK since im an Sk grad but it should be a very competitive game...
  18. X beat manual by a TD and Sk beat the by a TD and FG...X beat Butler 35-7 and SK beat them 49-7...X beat boone 49-0 and SK beat them 63-21...This theory doesn't always hold true when comparing similar oppenents but I believe your way off base by saying SK has NO chance...NO chance that this game is blowout like you seem too think it will be!!!
  19. SK wins by 14 next week...SK beat Ryle 49-29 and I can also say it really wasn't that close...NKY 6a brings home a title this year GO NEERS...
  20. Yea idk but I do know SK can put up points on any team in the state thus giving them a chance to beat anyone in the state...SK made Ryle look like a peewee squad idk how St.X did against Ryle tonight but I do know that it would be hard to top what Sk did to Ryle earlier in the year...
  21. First Field Goal attemp of the year WOW...SK has a potent offense
  22. If SK pulls it out which they should there should me no more question marks concerning them...Henry Clay was there only loss coming into this game but a W over MANUAL proves many wrong that they cant beat teams with athletes as manual is very fast and athletic
  23. Looks like SK should milk the clock with Simpson for another W
  24. Miles Simpson from Simon Kenton...550 Yards on only 51 Carries and 5 TD's, thats about 11 yards per carry...Has also returned a kickoff for TD!!!
  25. Very good points, most kids coming out of high school struggle on the defensive side. Arrez knows how to move his feet, he knows how to get around screens and his work ethic is a step above most high school seniors. His offensive game is very underrated and his ball handling isn't as bad as most people seem to think. During his time at Holmes Arrez has chosen to get his team involved, he's not looking to put up 30 points every night. Arrez can play D1 and contribute just by locking down the other teams best player, just because he is undersized doesn't mean he can't play at the highest level. On the D1 level arrez would start off as a defender shutting down the opposing teams point guard, his point guard skills would continue to develop and by the time he is a senior I believe his game would be well rounded. I believe his game will speak for itself come sweet 16 time and he will open the eyes of many D1 coaches.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.