Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

YoungBlood

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by YoungBlood

  1. I understand you point as well. :thumb: I never said that they WILL win back to back state championships; but with the talent they have (and still may be getting) then the CHANCE is for sure there.
  2. So maybe no one gets to see you play, but you have an excellent chance at getting a State Championship ring. That was my whole point to begin with, star or no star, it's all about winning. Boone may or may not get to Rupp; but at Scott County he has a chance to win back to back rings with the talent they have.
  3. Did Desmond Johnson from Cumberland play well at the try-outs?
  4. It could be (I have no idea) that Flannery is the type of kid that just wants a chance to play in Rupp and win a state championship, even if he isn't the go to guy. If that is the case then I commend the young man; because there aren't too many kids today that would give up the chance to be the star. :thumb:
  5. Although I would have loved to seen him in the KY BLUE; IMO I don't think he would have lasted under BCG.
  6. Kids are not "suppose to" transfer for athletic reasons only; and it seems that some of the kids that Scott County are getting are transferring for that sole purpose only - At least that is what you are saying. It's a lot easier to "think national" when a school is getting the best players year in and year out. What good would it do for a small school, or any school for that matter, to play nationally ranked competition- and get their brains beat in - when they don't have the man power?
  7. If you go back and look at one of my previous posts on "Chad Jackson to Scott County" - I mentioned that more help could be on the way. I had heard that Flannery was in the works and the move was likely; but he is not the only one. Rumor or no rumer - I don't know - but the same person that told me about Flannery also said that Scott County is getting a 6"11 kid from another state. I guess time will only tell if that was small talk or the truth; but he was right about Flannery! I agree with you 100% BRAVES1
  8. Another option for the 2 - 3 spots is the Fields kid from Evarts; that is if he goes to summer school and gets his grades up to be eligible. If he comes in with the right attitude and improves some on his ball-handing, then he could be hard to guard down on the baseline in Jones offense. McCoun does probably have the most potential on the team; but the thing that concerns me is that he missed several practices last year and even missed a few games. I hope that he comes in with the right frame of mind and doesn't try to get back into that habit, because Jones will just put him off the team if he is not committed.
  9. Harlan County High School has a kid in the 7th grade, who just turned 13, that is 6'3 or 6'4.
  10. If all the girls stick together that are coming back from the schools that will make up Harlan County High School; then look out 13th Region because they will be loaded.
  11. Didn't he play when he was a 8th grader? He may have even played in the 7th, but not sure. That many assists is definitely possible if he played 5 years, and surely is if he played 6. Most teams end up playing more than 25 games a season as well.
  12. How does Johnson from Cumberland (13th Region) NOT make the Honorable Mention?? He was the most athletic and talented kid in the region!
  13. I have to agree with you wideopen and HDE. The point guard in Jones' system needs to not only be able to run the team but also get down in the lane and score. Simmons has the potential to be that guy but the Hamlin kid from Cawood could fit this role also. If both of these kids come in with a good attitude and work ethic, then you could possibly see both of them in the starting line-up.
  14. The coaches were announced this evening: Mike Jones - Boys Basketball Anthony Nolan - Girls Basketball
  15. This line-up, although very good, could be a little different before all is said and done. More help could be on the way - not like they would need it or anything. :lol:
  16. Whitaker was the assistant for Hazard this season!!!!!! :flame:
  17. Although Perry Central has a nice gym, it still will not compare to the new gym at Harlan County.
  18. That is true!! :thumb: We better get back on topic and quit talking about the gym. :lol: I figured it would have already leaked out who the coaches were going to be and somebody would have posted it by now.
  19. The chair back seats do go all the way around; and there have been talk about putting up the railing that you're referring to. I too think that it is the best thing for everyone involved. :thumb:
  20. 3500 with chair back seats all the way around the bottom of the gym. There is a walking track that goes around the top of the gym, and if people were allowed to stand and watch say a regional tournament; then you could possibly get another 1000 people in the there.
  21. I don't think that it will be much of a surprise who the boys coach will be; but it could be a surprise to some on the girls coach. I would tell everyone who the coaches are but I don't want to be the one that starts it. I do know that both of them are a done deal, and like lungbuster said they will be announced next Thursday. :thumb: Lungbuster, I too have talked to several people that have been inside the new school and their remarks are "never seen anything like it." One guy told me that there isn't many small college gyms that are nicer then the one that Harlan County will have.
  22. This is true! Coach Parsons came and meet with Harlan County officials last Monday and Wednesday. After taking a tour of the new school on Monday and seriously entertaining the coaching change; she decided against it and told Harlan County officials yesterday that she wanted to stay in Corbin.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.