Everything posted by theotis44
-
Covington Catholic 74 Montgomery County 37
Just my opinion, but it looks to me like Mont. Co. players are now looking ahead to when the season is over, i.e. other Spring sports, Spring Break, etc. I know that Rash was missed, but come on, losing by 37 points to a 4-13 team going in! No excuse! There is enough talent there to at least put out a better effort then they did. Example, Clark Co played against a decent Campbell Co team yesterday without Rogers, Stenzel, and a still hurting Hatton, and still sucked it up and won by 4 points. Mont. Co. needs to look at their self in the mirror and decide whether to play hard or just look ahead to next year. With that being said, I wish Rash a speedy recovery, as he is a great kid!!
-
Any Ideas on regional winners in softball this year
Word on the street is that GRC has a new transfer in that is over 6 foot tall and throws in the low to mid 60's!
-
Montgomery 64 Butler 40
Coach Lea Prewitt! Oops! I meant, Coach Robinson must have got them in the gym after their effort the day before.
-
Montgomery 40 GRC 33
Just my opinion, but I thought Mongomery Co seemed to play uninspired and with no emotion, as GRC out hustled them for most of the game. Mont Co won strictly on having more talent at this time, but if the Rogers girl had played, it might have been a different outcome. Montgomery Co puts me sorta of mind about the 1978 Ky Wildcats where "it was the season of no fun" as all their fans expected them to win. Also, I still think Mike Kindred would have made Mont. Co a better coach when Coach Robinson was hired two years ago!
-
Montgomery County @ Clark County (12/12)
Montgomery Co. will keep it close for three quarters, but I see Clark Co depth playing a role in the 4th quarter, as Stenzel will play. I say Clark by 12! As for the game counting in the district seeding, I think that only the second game at Mont. Co. counts towards the district seeding. Why that way? I do not know!
-
Montgomery County @ Clark County 12/12 predictions
If Jewell Rogers play for GRC, then I say Mont. Co. by less than 10 points. Without her, it will be 15 plus!
-
Tri-State College Exposure Camp
Looks like a great chance for some future college prospects! Anybody know of any girls attending in the Central and Eastern Ky regions of the state going?
-
10th Region Draw
I agree! Kind of ironic that they have drawn opposite brackets that many times! I think a Clark/Mason semi could be a good game. When they played in early January, Mason might have palyed their best hal of basketball all year, and still Clark made the game close in the second half. Also, Jewel Rogers did not play in that game for Clark! But this is all for naught if Clark first don't beat Harrison!
-
Montgomery County vs. Clark County (40th Dist Final)
I don't how loose both teams might be, as the loser has a one in three chance of drawing Mason Co in the regional!
-
Montgomery Co. 62 Clark Co. 61 (40th District)
Congrats to both teams, as they both played real hard. I thought Clark played extremely hard and if the big girl, Montgomery, had not got into foul trouble and fouled out late in the game, they might have pulled a upset. As for an earlier post on where the Clark Co fans were at, it is always that way with no student or fan support from what I hear for the girls. Now you wait until Friday night at the boys district championship game when Clark Co will probably have 1200-1500 fans there in Mt Sterling!
-
40th District Games playing the same night at different gyms
Dan Manley, sports writer for the Mt Sterling Advocate, had a nice article about the schedule for the 40th district tournament and he was very critical of the schedule expalining that it was just to simple for the powers to be at the schools involved, as he suggested and asked why they could not have done the girls doubleheader Monday night, boys doubleheader tuesday night, girls final wednesday night and boys finals Thursday night. With that schedule, you would have had large crowds each night and the girls finals would have been done before the GRC play even started. Example he used was a family of four trying to go to two different Montgomery games the same night(girls at 6pm at GRC and boys at 8:30pm at Montgomery) would be out a minimum of $50.00 with the $5.00 gate admission and snacks. Just does not make sense to my pea brain!!
-
40th District Games playing the same night at different gyms
That is a valid point. But those three officials that are calling a boys game at Montgomery at 6pm on the 25th could be calling the girls first round game at 8:30 that same night! Wouldn't that make sense? Instead of having one three official crew at Mont Co and another at GRC, why could not both crews be at one place and do both first rounds games in one night as a doubleheader? I guess it makes to much sense.
-
40th District Games playing the same night at different gyms
It would have been so simple to play both girls 1st rounds on Monday (as last year both 1st rd games were played the same night) then on Tuesday paly both boys 1st round games, then girls final on Wednesday and boys final either Thursday or Friday. With this scenario, the two girls team competing in the regional would have at a minimum four days to prepare for the regional and the two boys teams would have a minimum of three or four days to prepare for the first regional game. Back to the play at GRC that week, it does not start until Thursday night. Therefore, there would not have been any conflict with my paln. Of course the only explanation I can think of for playing only one first round game each night goes back to money, more dates for gates equals possibly for more money. But that scenario will not play out, as people are going to pick one game and go to it, and not attend the later game at the other site.
-
40th District Games playing the same night at different gyms
Thanks! And I am sorry if it seemed I was down on GRC. It was my intent at all. I just think, that as of now, the whole tournament schedule is crazy, as it was done.
-
40th District Games playing the same night at different gyms
I just hope someone "within the 40th district" who absolutely knows why the schedule was done the way it was, would relay to all us "40th district fans" why the schedule is what it is, albeit because of anyone of the four schools that make up the 40th district caused the schedule to be what it is. Whether it be money, a play, or whatever else might be the real reason.
-
40th District Games playing the same night at different gyms
But is not the auditorium right next to the gym entrance as soon as you enter the school. If that is true, would that cause a problem with people trying to go from one thing to another and what about parking? I know grc is a big school and all, but would that be an issue? I am only bringing this all up because i thought that the prblem with the girls tourney schedule was due to a conflict with the school play.
-
40th district coin flip
That is my biggest complaint, also! Something better could have been worked out.
-
40th District Games playing the same night at different gyms
I am not down on GRC! It just seems, at this point, that this whole scheduling fiasco is a result of GRC and accomadating their mistake in the scheduling of a play. Without the play scheduling problem, we would not be having this discussion.
-
40th District Games playing the same night at different gyms
Exactly! If a problem, defer it! Especially after it would seem to the naked eye that GRC was at fault because of the scheduling "boffo."
-
40th district coin flip
I agree wholeheartedly!
-
40th district coin flip
I think the girls was at Bourbon on Feb 26 and March 1, and boys was Feb 27 and March 2.
-
40th district coin flip
I agree with you comment "not wanting to compete with the play" but it still is GRC "people" fault for this scheduling issue. It should not have happened!!
-
40th district coin flip
Well that makes alot of sense. GRC has known for at least two years, if not alot longer, that it is their year to host the district, and it is always been scheduled for the last week February/first week of March. Sounds like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing! If this scheduling mistake, they should forfeit hosting. Shoot, with the small crowds that attend their games anyway, they could host the district at Clark Middle and have plenty of room.
-
40th District Games playing the same night at different gyms
At this point, unless someone offers a good explanation for this scheduling, this has to be the most crazy thing I have ever seen for a district tourney. Give me a break! Why not play both girls and boys first round games the same night Example Monday girls at GRC, Tuesday boys at Montgomery, the girls finals on Thursday at GRC, and the boys finals Friday at Montgomery. Or at least do a variation similar. My personal opinion is that it is all about MONEY! Two gates for first round games=more money. But are they thinking about the fans and the travel, even with the the short distances and gas money. Or the students, who, if they go each night, will be out on the road each night all hours. How about the bands travelling to the games. Like for example, Montggomey band might play at home for the boys at 6pm and then travel to GRC for the girls 8:30 game, all on the same night Who ever heard of playing a first round game at 8:30pm and that being the only game the school that night? Somebody please explain this to us?
-
Paris 37 Bourbon Co. 32
Bourbon and GRC have a coin flip Monday morning and loser of the coin flip plays Mont Co and winner of the coin flip gets Paris.