Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery County vs. Clark County (40th Dist Final)

Featured Replies

Third game this year. MC has won the previous two.

 

Who takes the 40th?

Montgomery Co will be playing on their home floor. Cards have to put together two good halves. If they come out like they did last night against Bourbon.....it will be a sad drive back to Winchester.

I didn't realize these two were in the same district. At least they both have a berth in the regional tourney. Would like to see this game. I will go with Montgomery in a close game just due to experience.

I didn't realize these two were in the same district. At least they both have a berth in the regional tourney. Would like to see this game. I will go with Montgomery in a close game just due to experience.

 

Good thing about coming out of the same district is that you have to be in opposite brackets in the regional tourney. Usually it is best to go as the District winner to get the better draw. One of these teams will go as a loser. Wouldn't want to draw the loser of this district. Montgomery Co. is 22-6 and GRC is 20-7. GRC has played the stronger schedule.

Good thing about coming out of the same district is that you have to be in opposite brackets in the regional tourney. Usually it is best to go as the District winner to get the better draw. One of these teams will go as a loser. Wouldn't want to draw the loser of this district. Montgomery Co. is 22-6 and GRC is 20-7. GRC has played the stronger schedule.

I wouldn't say that Clark has had the tougher schedule.

 

MC's Schedule against top 25 teams: Mason(twice), Manual, Hazard, Madison Central,and GRC twice (even though I don't see how they are in the top 25) .

 

GRC's schedule against top 25 teams: Mason, Henderson, and Madison Central.

 

So Montgomery has played against a top 25 team 7 times where Clark has played against a top 25 team 3 times.

I wouldn't say that Clark has had the tougher schedule.

 

MC's Schedule against top 25 teams: Mason(twice), Manual, Hazard, Madison Central,and GRC twice (even though I don't see how they are in the top 25) .

 

GRC's schedule against top 25 teams: Mason, Henderson, and Madison Central.

 

So Montgomery has played against a top 25 team 7 times where Clark has played against a top 25 team 3 times.

 

And Montgomery lost 4 of those 7 right?

 

GRC has beat 2 of the 3. And if you are going to count GRC then you can throw Montgomery in there twice because they were in there at some point as well.:thumb:

 

This will be a heck of a game. It's hard to beat a good team 3 times in a season, but MC does have the home court advantage.

 

I could see this game going both ways..just depends which GRC team shows up tomorrow night and which team can stay out of the most foul trouble. No matter who wins, you can guarantee this will be a great game and atmosphere. :dancingpa

As of the rankings this past week Montgomery wasn't in the top 25 but, If you want to throw teams in that has been there at any point this season then Montgomery has also played Tates Creek so there's 8. That also makes clark only winning 2 out of those 5 if you want to count Montgomery as a top 25. The comment wasn't about who had the better record against top 25 teams it was simply who had the tougher schedule. So with what you said then that means MC has played a top 25 team 8 times where as Clark has played 5.

Either way it's always a good game between these two no matter how good or bad either one is or their schedule. Will any one be doing updates? I will be out of town so I won't get to see or listen to the game.:madman:

Either way it's always a good game between these two no matter how good or bad either one is or their schedule. Will any one be doing updates? I will be out of town so i won't get to see or listen to the game.:madman:

 

Dang...sorry man I'll be there. I'm sure most will but maybe you could find a Mason supporter or somebody from another team listening on the radio for updates.:ylsuper:

It being at MC and the way Clark came out aganist Bourbon, I will take the Indians by 10. Good luck tonight guys!

I wonder if the Indians are organizing another "Blue out" where all MCHS fans wear blue. I would encourage them all to do so anyway.

I would agree that the Indians schedule was just as hard if not harder than GRC's. Mason Co. twice, Tates Creek, Madison Central, Hazard, and Manual are all solid teams.

And Montgomery lost 4 of those 7 right?

 

GRC has beat 2 of the 3. And if you are going to count GRC then you can throw Montgomery in there twice because they were in there at some point as well.:thumb:

 

This will be a heck of a game. It's hard to beat a good team 3 times in a season, but MC does have the home court advantage.

 

I could see this game going both ways..just depends which GRC team shows up tomorrow night and which team can stay out of the most foul trouble. No matter who wins, you can guarantee this will be a great game and atmosphere. :dancingpa

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't GRC beat Madison Central without Aaron Morris. Without him in the lineup, they are definately not a top 25 team. Even with him in the lineup, I do not think they deserve the ranking Cantrall gives them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.