Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How likely are teams to go after Mike Wallace?

Featured Replies

I think there's little to no chance.

There are a few teams with a ton of cap money that needs to be spent. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

There are a few teams with a ton of cap money that needs to be spent. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

 

I thought teams had one more year before they have to spend the majority of their cap money.

I thought teams had one more year before they have to spend the majority of their cap money.

 

I think they do but some team like the Bengals who have 60 Mil to spend need to start now to get to that number.

Maybe some but not the Bengals, too much money for Mikey Brown to spend on a WR.

I think they do but some team like the Bengals who have 60 Mil to spend need to start now to get to that number.

 

Thanks I couldn't find anything on the contract. Know where I could look?

I think Wallace will remain in Pittsburgh, at least I hope... I also don't see a team giving up a first round for him. JMO

Thanks I couldn't find anything on the contract. Know where I could look?

Look what up? How much money teams have left?

 

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

 

Teams with most cap room today: Tampa Bay ($67 million under cap); KC ($62 mil): Cincy ($60 mil); Denver ($49 mil); Washington ($49 mil).

 

Teams with least cap room today: Pitt ($11 million over cap); Oak ($11 mil over); Carolina ($9 mil over); Giants ($9 mil over); Jets (even).

I don't think it's about the money. I think the draft pick is what will scare teams away. 1st round draft picks are worth a lot in the NFL.

I don't think it's about the money. I think the draft pick is what will scare teams away. 1st round draft picks are worth a lot in the NFL.

 

For sure, especially with the new CBA letting them keep those players at a much lower cost. It would most likely have to be a team with two 1st round picks.

I don't think it's about the money. I think the draft pick is what will scare teams away. 1st round draft picks are worth a lot in the NFL.

 

With Pittsburgh finding starters Wallace and Brown in the 3rd and 6th round, I think many teams might go that direction.

With Pittsburgh finding starters Wallace and Brown in the 3rd and 6th round, I think many teams might go that direction.

 

Especially when you consider it usually takes WRs a couple of years to "get it" and blossom. Obviously, Brown and Wallace were notable exceptions to that rule.

I don't think it's about the money. I think the draft pick is what will scare teams away. 1st round draft picks are worth a lot in the NFL.

 

Which, as someone has already stated, might be why the Bengals could be in the mix. Not only do they have the cap room, but also a second first-round pick. I look at it this way, could they get a receiver like Wallace with the 21st pick this year? My answer is no. So, it'd be worthwhile to me.

I think he's arguably Pitt best player. They would be crazy to let him go! They want to run the ball more. His blazing speed keeps that extra safety out of the box.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.