How likely are teams to go after Mike Wallace?

Deimos

Before stating he is a RFA and there is no chance, take into account teams with low first round picks, multiple first round picks, and the Steelers cap situation.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17326133/creative-team-with-wr-needs-could-pry-wallace-away-from-steelers

It would be interesting to see a team go after him and load up the early part of his contract.

Thanks I couldn't find anything on the contract. Know where I could look?

Look what up? How much money teams have left?

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Teams with most cap room today: Tampa Bay ($67 million under cap); KC ($62 mil): Cincy ($60 mil); Denver ($49 mil); Washington ($49 mil).

Teams with least cap room today: Pitt ($11 million over cap); Oak ($11 mil over); Carolina ($9 mil over); Giants ($9 mil over); Jets (even).

I don't think it's about the money. I think the draft pick is what will scare teams away. 1st round draft picks are worth a lot in the NFL.

For sure, especially with the new CBA letting them keep those players at a much lower cost. It would most likely have to be a team with two 1st round picks.

I don't think it's about the money. I think the draft pick is what will scare teams away. 1st round draft picks are worth a lot in the NFL.

With Pittsburgh finding starters Wallace and Brown in the 3rd and 6th round, I think many teams might go that direction.

With Pittsburgh finding starters Wallace and Brown in the 3rd and 6th round, I think many teams might go that direction.

Especially when you consider it usually takes WRs a couple of years to "get it" and blossom. Obviously, Brown and Wallace were notable exceptions to that rule.

Which, as someone has already stated, might be why the Bengals could be in the mix. Not only do they have the cap room, but also a second first-round pick. I look at it this way, could they get a receiver like Wallace with the 21st pick this year? My answer is no. So, it'd be worthwhile to me.