Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buffalo meat

Featured Replies

Ted's Montana Grill in Lexington serves Bison. I have had the burgers and the chili. It is very good. All bison, like stated earlier, is very lean. It is also higher than beef but it is worth it imo.

 

Also had the bison steak at Teds. I'm hoping the new Jungle Jims in Eastgate will carry bison

Also had the bison steak at Teds. I'm hoping the new Jungle Jims in Eastgate will carry bison

 

I have no doubt that they will - the original location carries it, and the new store is supposed to be like 43,000 square feet larger than the original.

I had a bison burger in Aurora, Colorado. It was really good.

  • Author

Going to grill some burgers tonight, any grilling tips for buffalo burgers?

Burger Boy Resturaunt near U of L at First and Burnett serves Buffulo burgers. This thread just reminded me that I haven't been there in about two years. I'll be headed there in the near future now.

 

It's Burger Boy now? What happened to Juanita's? So disappointed! Sounds like Juanita's has become a class joint. :lol:

I covered about half of my grill with aluminum foil. Cooked the burgers about 2/3 of the time on the foil (that way they sit in their own juice instead of the juice all dripping down into the grill), and then I finished them the rest of the way directly over the flame. Worked pretty well.

 

You might add a little of raw egg and maybe a little Worcestershire when you're making your patties. As some folks had mentioned, it's lean meat - the leaner, the more dry it tends to be and the less fat there is to hold the patty together when it cooks. The egg helps bind the meat little, and the Worcestershire will give you a little flavor and a little added moisture. Be cautious with the Worcestershire though...it goes from being a nice little enhancing flavor to overpowering pretty quickly.

It's Burger Boy now? What happened to Juanita's? So disappointed! Sounds like Juanita's has become a class joint. :lol:

 

Juanita's went away a while back, I believe. Had a good friend of mine that had an awesome apartment about 150 feet from the front door back in college. His apartment was on the second floor, and he was (still is) a very skilled rock climber. We literally covered the ceiling and walls of the stairwell with climbing holds and we used to very literally CLIMB the staircase. ...I seem to recall some harrowing tumbles down the steps after we'd get back from the Granny :sssh:

Had some buffalo chili at Buckhead in Bellevue tonight. Pretty good stuff.

I like it a lot. It's a little different but very good.

I had a Buffalo ribeye and I didn't like it.

  • Author

It was OK, I'd try again.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.