Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buffalo meat

Featured Replies

Anybody ever tried it? What did you think? A little grocery on my way home has some fresh this week and was looking at trying it but didn't know for sure as it is not cheap. They have burger, T-bones, roasts and maybe some other stuff.

I had it once when we went to South Dakota, but that was about almost 2 decades ago so I don't really remember it other than remembering I had it, which I only know from some pictures in the photo album from the trip.

Makes for a GREAT burger...although for the price of the meat, I wouldn't necessarily go for it if you're the type of person who puts everything on their burger. You really should try to enjoy the taste of the meat rather than the ingredients in the patty and the toppings.

As CWB says, it's an excellent burger and also makes excellent chili. Several restaurants around town have it and my old neighbor vended bison products at festivals so he gave us a lot. Good stuff.

 

It's also typically leaner and better for you than beef.

It's also typically leaner and better for you than beef.

 

Yes...it has definitely been leaner when I've had it in restaurants and made burgers with it myself.

I had it, along with three others in my group. The two of us that had hamburgers enjoyed it, but the two that had steak didn't really care for it.

Great Stuff. Bought some Buffalo Brats a few years ago and they were awesome. (and relatively low cal.) Doesn't have a much different flavor then lean beef.

Makes for a GREAT burger...although for the price of the meat, I wouldn't necessarily go for it if you're the type of person who puts everything on their burger. You really should try to enjoy the taste of the meat rather than the ingredients in the patty and the toppings.

 

I have eaten it a few times while on vacation out West! What CWB said is so true, taste the meat without all the dressing on it first.

 

BTW was told by a cook in a restaurant that we ate Buffalo at, to put a little fat in the burger as there is very little fat in the meat because if you don't, the meat dries out rather quickly while cooking.

Burger Boy Resturaunt near U of L at First and Burnett serves Buffulo burgers. This thread just reminded me that I haven't been there in about two years. I'll be headed there in the near future now.

I had buffalo burgers and a steak when I went to SD/Yellowstone. Also bought some at the grocery to cook myself. I thought they were all outstanding but as someone mentioned, I really didn't taste a huge difference from beef. Buffalo is better for you but for the cost, I am sticking with beef.

Very lean meat and has a very distinct flavor when served as a steak. Like it very much as a burger not so much as a steak.

Ted's Montana Grill in Lexington serves Bison. I have had the burgers and the chili. It is very good. All bison, like stated earlier, is very lean. It is also higher than beef but it is worth it imo.

Buffalo Bob's (now only located off Mt. Zion Road in Florence) has a pretty good Bison Burger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.