Florida Primary

swamprat

Looks to be a light turnout. Precinct 507 (the Moose Lodge) is at the entrance of the dead end road I live on. Usually I have to negotiate overflow from the parking lot, which holds around 40 to 50 vehicles, to get out to work. There were only 4 or 5 cars in the parking lot this morning. Mrs. S said she and Dad were she were the only ones in there, when they voted, so I figure the cars I saw were the poll workers.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 600,000 votes were cast before today....That could have something to do with it. :idunno:
That's not very many in a state with almost 19 milion people. Even with less than half being Republicans, less then 10 percent of those voted early.

According to CNN exit polls Romney won the tea party support vote with 40% support. More than any other candidate. Also, 40% were white evangelical. He had 36% while Gingrich had 39%. Since Florida is a good representative of the country as a whole, I guess this means Romney is doing just fine with the evangelicals and hardcore conservatives.

According to CNN exit polls Romney won the tea party support vote with 40% support. More than any other candidate. Also, 40% were white evangelical. He had 36% while Gingrich had 39%. Since Florida is a good representative of the country as a whole, I guess this means Romney is doing just fine with the evangelicals and hardcore conservatives.

But he is a mormon. Impossible. : p

That is not what I read nor heard.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0201/Florida-primary-results-Romney-most-electable-but-GOP-base-still-wary-video