Newport Central Catholic 62 Walton Verona 57

Walton has proven they can play with good teams. I'm guessing McNeil had more than three points tonight.

McNeil played well but Hargett was the best player on the floor. WV went 9 for 19 from the line. That was the difference in the game.

McNeil played well but Hargett was the best player on the floor. WV went 9 for 19 from the line. That was the difference in the game.

Sounds like the Highlands game the other night where the Birds struggled hitting only 6-14 and losing by 3.

NCC is skating by as of late.

Yeah free throws was the difference tonight a lot of those misses were front end of one and ones. Ncc had a tone of turnovers in the first half but Walton just could not capitalize. McNeil had 2 points in the first half it came late in it I believe ( not for a lack of shooting) but played really well in the second.

As opposed to playing bad against bad teams? Like?

You want me to say Highlands? Lol. I know that we drilled them by 28 without our second best offensive threat and then they came to our place and lost by three. McNeil, Hargett and Moeves are a pretty decent threesome.

You want me to say Highlands? Lol. I know that we drilled them by 28 without our second best offensive threat and then they came to our place and lost by three. McNeil, Hargett and Moeves are a pretty decent threesome.

Highlands is not a bad team. They have won their last 4-5 (losing to NCC 4th ranked team by 3) and like I said in many December threads...it will take them most of January to gel and get the football kids playing well.

The Birds played well last night drilling Walton and like I said it could have been much worse.

If Walton played all those 8th Region teams close then it must be a weak Region.

Walton-Verona...............10-12-16-19 57

Newport Central Catholic..12-14-16-20 62

Walton-Verona (12-8) -- Moeves 7, Hargett 24, McNeil 11, Helton 6, Daugherty 6, Cottrell 2, McCubbin 1.

Newport Central Catholic (13-5) -- Bueter 10, Hightchew 15, Ryan 13, Seibert 10, Miller 5, Morse 2, McDonald 7.

Congrats to the Breds hanging on to this one. Yet another night of really silly play by the Breds. Bueter has got to get his head into the game, too many head scratching plays tonight that saw Tyler Shields play most of the 2nd half in his place. The biggest one, Breds up 3 or 4 less than 2 1/2 to go and he jacks up a three after one pass and about 8 seconds off the clock. Bueter is too smart of a player to continue this style of play. Also the Breds have to to a better job of boxing out under the basket, with the size advantage they have, it's a joke how they keep getting beat on the glass. Seibert another great night off the bench, hit some timely shots. However, I have to give CREDIT to Walton they came out and played hard, alot better than thier record indicates. Hargett was "on fire", played with great determination and McNeil did a great job of finding him on my looks and IMO the Breds are again fortunate to come away with the victory. Yes, WV missing quite a few front ends didn't help, probably the difference in the game. This is not the team that a couple of weeks ago that went on the road in a four night stretch an beat Boone, CovCath, & Campbell Co. If the Breds don't "right the ship", sooner or later this style of play is going to catch up with them.

Highlands is not a bad team. They have won their last 4-5 (losing to NCC 4th ranked team by 3) and like I said in many December threads...it will take them most of January to gel and get the football kids playing well.

The Birds played well last night drilling Walton and like I said it could have been much worse.

If Walton played all those 8th Region teams close then it must be a weak Region.

WV has one quality win (Owen) but they do have talent, that's all I'm saying. And your prediction for HHS seems to be proving true in the past few weeks.

WV has one quality win (Owen) but they do have talent, that's all I'm saying. And your prediction for HHS seems to be proving true in the past few weeks.

Yea, I didnt see many signature wins on their schedule. You take away their perimeter game and they are done.

Birds still have a long way to go but much better than December.